Better Call Saul

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
Loved this

UTpnnSm.gif

Damn I've missed Breaking Bad characters

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't get why he wouldn't just have the cops trace his location and fly out there via helicopter and meet him there. Seems like trying to convince two adults on the lamb who stole over a million bucks (in stacks of 50's apparently?) to go turn themselves in.
They would never send a helicopter for something like that, cell phone trace just gives a general area, and you can't land a helicopter in a wooded area. It also wouldn't make sense to do that before telling them that he knows what's up so you might as well go home.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
But I'm loving this show -- Odenkirk could carry this thing to the sun. He brings the perfect level of hammy-ness and overacting, that, with just about any other character, would fail miserably, but it just works so damn well here.
As well as it works with the current show, it delivered in spades BB. It was the perfect contrast to the rest of that series. Like two different types of flavors you wouldn't think could make a good dish that perfectly compliment each other. Saul was one of my favorite television characters of all time by the end of it.

The suggestion to watch BB between episodes is a good one. I think I'm gonna do a rewatch with that format.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They would never send a helicopter for something like that, cell phone trace just gives a general area, and you can't land a helicopter in a wooded area. It also wouldn't make sense to do that before telling them that he knows what's up so you might as well go home.
You can trace cell phones to 100 feet, at least I could when I worked at Sprint.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think he still wants to represent them, this way he can get their business and possibly make a name for himself getting them off the hook. thats why he gave them the choice of turning themselves in, he was advising them as their attorney would.
Yeah, this. He's not just going to turn them in to the cops. I don't know if he's going to represent them since he called the other lawyers to meet him, but he's looking to take advantage of the situation in some way that he wouldn't be able to do if he just handed them over to the cops.

Royal

I think it's not so much that he still entertains the notion that he might represent them, he just doesn't want to help out the cops any more then necessary to save his own skin from Nacho. This is establishing the relationship between he and Mike. Even though he is an ex-cop himself, it was pretty obvious that Mike has no great affection for members of his former profession.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I guarantee he's going to try to make some money on the situation. It probably won't work, but he will try.

Royal

He'll at least be tempted. This is a parallel to Walt's descent. He'll probably bail on it before the payday though, with trying not to embarrass his brother driving him to do the right thing ... this time.

spronk

FPS noob
Was cell tracing tech that great in '02?
It wasn't, but the whole thing was a bit unrealistic anyways since Saul walked for "a few hours" at least (day to night, he said he'll need a few hours to get back) so there was absolutely no way for him to have cell service anyways, out in the Western states once you are out of the city areas you are in vast areas of desert with no towers or roads anywhere. Also I don't understand where the family would be getting water from either, it would have been funnier if they had been just 5 minutes away from the house not sure why it had to be hours and hours away.

I really expected the dad to beat saul with a lantern, but I guess they may be going for the "Saul will launder your money for you" angle, kinda hope they don't go that route so early though since it would lead down the inevitable "Saul doesn't know what to do with this money" and we already kinda saw that in BB and we know exactly where it goes.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Remember we aren't talking about BB Saul, we're talking about James McGill who as we saw in the intro of eps3 probably had to fight a lot of "i fucked up" demons to eventually becoming a lawyer.

He's not thinking about laundering or working w/ known criminals, at best he wants to just represent nacho and get him scott free so nacho doesn't fuck shit up for Saul.

He's not being nice to the family, he's just being straight forward, b/c he cannot represent them, cuz he's representing Nacho, which i'm sure no matter how you try to work around it, will be a conflict of interest.

He's just saying, i found you guys, you're not dead, lets go back to civilization (now remember at this point they are still innocent of embezzelment, he didn't see the weak ass bag of cash). He's just going in steps, get this family back, aquit nacho so he doesn't fuck up my shit, oh and the kids are alright, win/win.

Now this big bag of cash, that now the kids have seen is gonna fuck up a lot of shit for James McGill.

He has zero thoughts of laundering, taking a cut or anything, he at this point is still trying to be straight and narrow, trying to land a big fish, and not letting a known criminal fuck his shit up.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there is no conflict of interest, nacho only has a connection to the kettleman's because he was spotted outside the home and they are missing. they are only holding him on suspicion. once the kettlemans show up, nacho walks free. no charges filed. saul can represent the kettlemans. he wants to represent them, this is exactly the type of over a barrel scenario he was trying to arrange with the skaterbros in the first place. as to the money, i have no doubt he didnt expect there would be a big bag of money sitting there, so what he does about that is something we need to see pan out next week.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All I know is I'm not gonna just walk up to people who stole over a million bucks and willing to kidnap themselves unarmed. Also not walking out in the desert with no fucking water or anything. That entire sequence of events was stupid. Still like the show but that was cringe worthy.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All I know is I'm not gonna just walk up to people who stole over a million bucks and willing to kidnap themselves unarmed. Also not walking out in the desert with no fucking water or anything. That entire sequence of events was stupid. Still like the show but that was cringe worthy.
It's 2002 Saul, most of the stuff he does make little sense, he's not really a mastermind.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dude still hasnt gotten the hang of his parking stickers. Why woukd you expect him to come prepared for a desert trek?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Remember we aren't talking about BB Saul, we're talking about James McGill who as we saw in the intro of eps3 probably had to fight a lot of "i fucked up" demons to eventually becoming a lawyer.

He's not thinking about laundering or working w/ known criminals, at best he wants to just represent nacho and get him scott free so nacho doesn't fuck shit up for Saul.

He's not being nice to the family, he's just being straight forward, b/c he cannot represent them, cuz he's representing Nacho, which i'm sure no matter how you try to work around it, will be a conflict of interest.

He's just saying, i found you guys, you're not dead, lets go back to civilization (now remember at this point they are still innocent of embezzelment, he didn't see the weak ass bag of cash). He's just going in steps, get this family back, aquit nacho so he doesn't fuck up my shit, oh and the kids are alright, win/win.

Now this big bag of cash, that now the kids have seen is gonna fuck up a lot of shit for James McGill.

He has zero thoughts of laundering, taking a cut or anything, he at this point is still trying to be straight and narrow, trying to land a big fish, and not letting a known criminal fuck his shit up.
You mean the guy that tried scamming them earlier with the skateboarders hasn't thought about scamming them?

Royal

All I know is I'm not gonna just walk up to people who stole over a million bucks and willing to kidnap themselves unarmed.
He's had a sit down with them already. He's seen inside of their house. "Armed and dangerous" does not come immediately to mind when thinking of Team Kettleman, even though they are in fear for their lives and especially when Tuco and Nacho are on the other end of your rope for contrast.

Royal

You mean the guy that tried scamming them earlier with the skateboarders hasn't thought about scamming them?
I thinks the current version of Saul is making an honest effort to do right for his brother's sake. Using a scam to get a high profile case was an acceptable backslide for this Saul. A small indiscretion to a better way going forward. If he just wanted money to get out of his financial situation he'd have taken Nacho up on his offer and would have taken the buyout from his brother's law partners.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm just assuming we're going to see Saul's brother die at some point, possibly at the end of the season, and Saul's gonna go #yoloswag, change his name, and stop giving a fuck about being legit.