Better Call Saul

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Law firms will put secretaries through law school so they can become paralegals and then eventually possibly lawyers.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
just by my grisham knowledge of law, i think some very succesful law firms will visit colleges and groom gifted law students and possibly pay their tuition in order to sign them to their firm.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
just by my grisham knowledge of law, i think some very succesful law firms will visit colleges and groom gifted law students and possibly pay their tuition in order to sign them to their firm.
yea, no slight on kim, but she doesn't strike me as super gifted, even in the recent eps saul was like "i thought if kim could do it , maybe i can too". (pass the bar) you don't say that type of thing in relation to someone who is super gifted.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Lol, will she forever be known has Blonde-lawyer-chick or does she have a name we can remember.
To me, she is still Whitney's drunk friend. I have such a boner for her.

I had all kinds of theories about how using that code was going to allow HHM to fuck the McGills, but then I saw the previews for next week, and there's no sense in theorycrafting whether it will happen. Only whether he will beat them. I'm pretty sure he does need HHM's resources to do this though, so I expect him to either come to an agreement with or get fucked over by them.

So what did the end of that episode mean? Does chuck now realize it's in his head, or is he going to wrap himself in the space blanket for a month? I thought he might just play it off as his treatments working, but the way he froze when he realized he was outside makes that seem unlikely.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
That's what I'm saying.
I'm just saying they're following the same trajectory up to this point in the respective shows in terms of trying to achieve their goals; lot's of effort with little to show for it.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
No one shares the same cigarette if they didn't used to fuck. At the least, a director certainly doesn't put that in multiple scenes if they're not trying to imply that. It's an inherently sexual exchange.
I could see them being something like childhood or adolescent friends. There's a sort of closeness that comes with being friends with someone since you were much younger. I could see this being a situation where Saul has had a romantic interest in Kim for a long time, but she views him more like a brother.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Garbage scene barf!

I wanted chuck to kick ass at the table. Get well chuck

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I could see them being something like childhood or adolescent friends. There's a sort of closeness that comes with being friends with someone since you were much younger. I could see this being a situation where Saul has had a romantic interest in Kim for a long time, but she views him more like a brother.
Saul and Chuck are from Chicago, hence the Bulls references. He's only been in ABQ for a few years at this point in the show. He seems to know her from working his way up at HHM when she was just starting there/boning her.

spronk

FPS noob
i wonder what criminal mike is gonna hook up with, probably krazy-8? don't think its gonna be gus this early on.

i'd expect james mcgill to turn into saul at the end of season 2 and something happening to chuck at the end of season 3, turning saul from lawyer to "criminal" lawyer. which makes me wonder what they plan as the big cliffhanger for season 1.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yes, I bought my oldest dog in 2005 and it was a pretty big subject. From speaking with the Veterinarians it sounded like they had been dealing with the Puppy Mill issues for quite sometime.

Here is my theory: Jimmy and his brother win the case via settlement. When they win Hamlin steps in and lays claim to all the money leaving Jimmy with nothing unless he is willing to lose the McGill name. Jimmy changes his name to Saul Goodman and Jimmy's brother either dies or fucks him so bad that he is dead to him.
Hamlin would have no claim to all of the money. All he could claim is that Chuck's portion go to the firm instead of Chuck himself.

I could see Jimmy either deciding it was all pro-bono to screw Hamlin even though it would screw himself as well, or Chuck's deciding not to do it pro bono and entitling Hamlin to a portion which would cause a rift between Jimmy and Chuck

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just caught up with BCS. I really enjoy it so far. I really want to see good things happen to Jimmy and Chuck. I feel like I could enjoy a straight 5 seasons of him counseling old people. In BB I wanted to see bad things happen to Walt because I wanted to see him turn into Heisenberg. The difference between Walt and Heisenberg is an immense rift. they are totally different personalities. Saul and Jimmy are basically the same people.

Breaking Bad can be discussed freely in this thread without spoilers. If you enjoy BCS and haven't seen BB and don't know what happens in BB my recommendation is to leave this thread. If you like BCS and have no intention on watching BB my recommendation is to leave this forum.

Sterling

El Presidente
Just caught up with BCS. I really enjoy it so far. I really want to see good things happen to Jimmy and Chuck. I feel like I could enjoy a straight 5 seasons of him counseling old people. In BB I wanted to see bad things happen to Walt because I wanted to see him turn into Heisenberg. The difference between Walt and Heisenberg is an immense rift. they are totally different personalities. Saul and Jimmy are basically the same people.

Breaking Bad can be discussed freely in this thread without spoilers. If you enjoy BCS and haven't seen BB and don't know what happens in BB my recommendation is to leave this thread. If you like BCS and have no intention on watching BB my recommendation is to leave this forum.
Nice

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No. If i hear yoy complain about a warning again im making it the real deal. Tread lightly!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Saul and Jimmy are basically the same people.
I disagree.

Jimmy is like a born again christian lawyer when he starts out, he dots his i's and crosses his t's and tries to fight for the old ppl and at court for whoever needs a lawyer. He's really trying to be on the up and up, he's a frigging good natured lawyer, a myth, a unicorn.

While Saul is epitome of opportunity. Remember in BB, he found Walt (b4 he was known as the guy that could get you out of anything, crazy8 used him, so naturally jesse wanted to use him for badger), but Saul used mike to track down Walt and basically force him to be his consigliere. (he shows up at the school, what's Walt gonna say? no)

No, the greatest treat that BCS can do for us is to really show how Jimmy becomes Saul and evil, in the legal sense.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I disagree.

Jimmy is like a born again christian lawyer when he starts out, he dots his i's and crosses his t's and tries to fight for the old ppl and at court for whoever needs a lawyer. He's really trying to be on the up and up, he's a frigging good natured lawyer, a myth, a unicorn.

While Saul is epitome of opportunity. Remember in BB, he found Walt (b4 he was known as the guy that could get you out of anything, crazy8 used him, so naturally jesse wanted to use him for badger), but Saul used mike to track down Walt and basically force him to be his consigliere. (he shows up at the school, what's Walt gonna say? no)

No, the greatest treat that BCS can do for us is to really show how Jimmy becomes Saul and evil, in the legal sense.
The reason I disagree with you is because through the entire BCS show so far you see Jimmy act like the same opportunistic, unscrupulous shyster that he is in BB. You see Chuck's exhaustion when Jimmy claims he's on the up and up, like he's seen it all countless times before. Can Jimmy be straight? Yes. Does part of him want to be straight? Yes. But he's still the same IMO and there isn't a huge divergence in character from where he is now to being Saul.

The Matlock gimmick itself is just him selling himself as being a straight-shooter and it's brought on by him finding decent work after his billboard stunt. Plus his character in Breaking Bad isn't all that bad. He doesn't really go looking for trouble, it finds him when he gets tempted. Slipping Jimmy, Jimmy "Matlock" McGill, Saul Goodman are all the same person in different clothes. BCS isn't about a good man going bad, it's about a man trying to make a name for himself, get money, earn people's respect and find his only way to do it is to embrace his slimy side.

Ex: You'll never see the dichotomy between Jimmy and Saul the way you see it here:

Where as you see the worst in Saul here:

And it's really just a refined and more educated version of who he was before BCS even started.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The reason I disagree with you is because through the entire BCS show so far you see Jimmy act like the same opportunistic, unscrupulous shyster
sure slipping jimmy was, but lawyer jimmy wasn't, he wasn't trying to be opportunistic, but rather looking at situations from vastly different angles that regular "joe smoe" lawyers wouldn't or couldn't.

joe smoe lawyers just walk straight home, while jimmy is walking home looking in the car rear view mirrors to make sure he isn't being followed, he's always on the lookout which is further emphasized when jimmy presents chuck with the "fraud/outrageous" billing and chuck is like "i missed this"? (cuz he did the wills)

i mean you can basically say everything he does is "shady" he even got an online degree (distanced learning), sure he had to have the smarts and put work into graduating and then taking the bar, but he still came about it in the most unconventional way, as opposed to that kim sponsorship or whatever the fuck law firms do to "own you".

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
In BrBa I considered Saul the facilitator of Deus Ex Machina.

He always had "a guy" that can help you with that.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Just watched the last episode. My prediction (I don't watch the next weeks preview): I got the impression when Jimmy passed the bar exam Chuck really didn't want Jimmy working at his firm and sent Hamlin in to do his dirty work. Jimmy doesn't realize it really was his bro and blames Hamlin which is the root of their rift.

Now that Chuck has "snapped out of it" I think he is going to take Jimmy's case to HHM which is going to make Jimmy realize that he shouldn't have been holding his bro up on a pedestal this whole time because he really is just a scumbag lawyer. This (with the possible reveal that it was his brother cock-blocking him from the firm) will be the catalyst that sends Jimmy down the path of becoming Saul, an even scummier scumbag lawyer.