Better Call Saul

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i guess its ok to get into spoilers now that the episode had its second airing. i think the show is getting ready for a signifigant time jump. they sped up the storyline tonight, jimmy becomes Saul. Don Hector is about to have his stroke. Tuco just got a bunch of time added to his sentence. Chuck is on the brink of being committed or dropping dead. Gus just bought his super lab/commercial linen washing factory. jimmy just got his walking papers from practicing law for a year. i think by the end of the season the flashbacks are either gonna be done or be at a point where when next season starts, time will have passed for a year or more. anyone else think they just sped shit up?
It just kinda feels sucky, 3seasons of a Megalomaniac that is scared of electricity, and Jimmy wins, we know he becomes a scumbag lawyer, in fact in BB, he's all kinds of scummy. Here they just make him too nice, they even make him care for Sugar Tits. We just gotta figure out what happened to Kim all this time and we can move on with a BB epilogue.

So far we're at 5years until Walter Whites' birthday (bacon w/ the 50)

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I'm really happy to see slippin jimmy up to his tricks again

lost it seeing the college camera crew get in his shit mobile with the boom sticking out the window

shit's just amusing

*LOL THATS ALL GOOD MAN COMMERCIAL

LOVE IT I FUKKEN DIED

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Saul Goodman Productions

kim was horny as fuck after watching that commercial

I would have preferred a Gus / Mike prequel, end of the day I am finding all the Saul arcs pretty boring tbh. Feels like 1 good episode, 1 boring episode, rinse and repeat.

qTaLAe8.gif

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Filler-y this week yet still a better show than TD S2. Need to get past commercial hawking Saul arc and Mike church volunteer time.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
well, at least it ended moving the story along a few pegs.

Every episode moves the story along a "few pegs." They are taking a novel approach to filler content. Instead of having a two or so throwaway filler episodes in a normal season (as is typical), they have spaced the filler content out over the entire season so that every episode is like 15-20% filler. This show is progressing like a beautifully carved glacier.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Every episode moves the story along a "few pegs." They are taking a novel approach to filler content. Instead of having a two or so throwaway filler episodes in a normal season (as is typical), they have spaced the filler content out over the entire season so that every episode is like 15-20% filler. This show is progressing like a beautifully carved glacier.
i would agree except when we signed on to this show we all knew this was going to be a jimmy mcgill prequel to BB, if you didnt then 3 seasons of it should have been a major hint that it is. i cant properly call this episode/season/show filler because that would infer that we are missing out on something. are we?

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
i would agree except when we signed on to this show we all knew this was going to be a jimmy mcgill prequel to BB, if you didnt then 3 seasons of it should have been a major hint that it is. i cant properly call this episode/season/show filler because that would infer that we are missing out on something. are we?

Nope. I don't think we are missing out on anything-- that's part of the problem. The filler doesn't come from the events and the scenes themselves, but how those events and scenes are being presented. Anyone with sense can see the show is excellently crafted, but it drags. It doesn't drag because I'm waiting for Jimmy to do something or get somewhere specifically. It drags because the scenes are too long. They stagnate. There isn't enough forward momentum. If you want to be technical, the issue comes from the editing rather than the writing, directing, acting, etc. Lots of stuff we are watching should be on the editing room floor instead of on screen. I'm not even talking about whole scenes. Keep the scenes--- just make them shorter and tighter-- less dead space. It would make the show move way quicker and it would make the series as a whole more powerful.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well, they are extending each episode over an hour, i want to agree with you because they do dwell on some scenes overly long, but when the episode ends, i feel bad. if these episode were just an hour long and all we saw was jimmy sell his airtime and mike hook up with discount foxy brown, then yeah that would suck, but they allowed for that and still were able to fit in the important other stuff.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
didnt think of that, the teaser for next episode might even have foreshadowed that. jimmy needs some cash bad, would be a sweet scam.
can you represent yourself, trying to sue a contractor working for the city, while you're on suspension?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
can you represent yourself, trying to sue a contractor working for the city, while you're on suspension?

You can do all the filings yourself and you don't need to be an attorney to represent yourself either.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You can do all the filings yourself and you don't need to be an attorney to represent yourself either.
yea but he's an attorney that's suspended, but i guess if even serial killers can defend themselves, a suspended attorney wouldn't have an issue.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anyone can defend themselves in court. If you are disbarred you are only banned from representing someone else or practicing law. It is for their protection.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Doesn't Jimmy have a stay out of trouble clause??? but then i guess if he's suing some guy, thats not really him getting in trouble, but we all know he put himself in that position.

spronk

FPS noob
one thing i didn't get is what triggered Mike to help out Nerdy McBaseball with his Nacho drug deal after hearing foxy browns story of her husband going MIA while hiking? Mike clearly has quite a bit of cash under ground, so it can't be for the money. Seems like involving yourself in any way further with Nacho, Salamanca, or Gus is bad news.

jimmy putting on that whole act to get Chucks insurance agent to investigate was stone cold

next week is no new episode due to memorial day, then the final 3 episodes of the season

Last edited:
  • 1Like