Better Call Saul

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Kim doesn't seem to matter to jimmy

In the first eps, the box

you only really get to see the bandaids, pics of his dad, the vhs tape and a republica passport. no hint of Kim so far.

I mean damn, so far Kim has been pretty much ride or die.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Kim doesn't seem to matter to jimmy

In the first eps, the box

you only really get to see the bandaids, pics of his dad, the vhs tape and a republica passport. no hint of Kim so far.

I mean damn, so far Kim has been pretty much ride or die.
no Chuck either, Jimmy could be ashamed of what went down to cause Kim not to be around in BB.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Maybe Jimmy has multiple personality disorder or something, i mean his brother is crazy, why can't it be inherited? Maybe he's always been Saul, born without morals, and in order to survive (after his sunroof defication), he had to invent good boy Jimmy, and then to live in Oklahoma as "Gene" from Cinnabun, he's just a loner middleaged man.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think that he's just a shitty person at his core, and his personality while Jimmy was mostly just an attempt to prove that his brother wasn't right about him. They dislike eachother so much that he'd delude himself to such an extreme that he buys his own bullshit. But, when presented with any opportunity to give into his base nature: He jumps on it without an honest fight. The conman jobs, the slip & falls, the money from the accountant, the drug money, are all things he did while Jimmy. I think his progression to Saul is going to involve him realizing that and just accepting himself for who he is. And I think losing Kim (either for real, or just relationship-wise) will be the impetus for it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it ended a bit silly tonight. Gustavo was complaining that if the boss of the Salamanca cartel dies, it could start a war, then the next episode he straight up kills a miniboss of the same family. i think the Juarez bros are gonna wonder where the fuck their dude went. and since his partner Nacho is still around, it doesnt take a Mexican rocket scientist to guess who they will be questioning about it.
well played

i wonder what the real chuck letter said

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
well played

i wonder what the real chuck letter said
that letter was written way b4 chuck found out jimmy went to university of american somoa and got a law degree, which also means he wrote that 5k payment even b4 all the bad shit happened.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that letter was written way b4 chuck found out jimmy went to university of american somoa and got a law degree, which also means he wrote that 5k payment even b4 all the bad shit happened.
oh? because it looked like Kim was oddly crying and she made that unexplained trip to the courthouse. i was assuming she got a hold of somebody to doctor up that note to give Jimmy a better message than what it really said. but ok.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
oh? because it looked like Kim was oddly crying and she made that unexplained trip to the courthouse. i was assuming she got a hold of somebody to doctor up that note to give Jimmy a better message than what it really said. but ok.
but she grabbed it from the same box she left it in the night b4, when it wasn't a good time to give it to jimmy, sounds like it's the original. I think the courthouse trip must've been just her stuff w/ mesa verde (b/c she still shouldn't be handling mesa verde, guilt? chuck)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
but she grabbed it from the same box she left it in the night b4, when it wasn't a good time to give it to jimmy, sounds like it's the original. I think the courthouse trip must've been just her stuff w/ mesa verde (b/c she still shouldn't be handling mesa verde, guilt? chuck)
alright, it just looked really odd her completely losing her shit over Jimmy reading that note. maybe it was tears of relief that Chuck didnt tear Jimmy a new asshole from beyond the grave.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
alright, it just looked really odd her completely losing her shit over Jimmy reading that note. maybe it was tears of relief that Chuck didnt tear Jimmy a new asshole from beyond the grave.
well, we have to remember that Kim was groomed by HHM, she also started out in the mail room and they paid for however long it took to complete law school. it could be that guilt, and essentially, it could be that, right up until HHM started to screw around w/ Kim (sending her to the cornfield, trying to steal mesa verde), she felt so indebted to HHM, and heck, maybe Chuck was some mentoring god.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The writing on this show is really outstanding. Considering there's about 4 concurrent story lines that just barely touch each other and they all have to have compelling characters and fit within what we already know happens in the future in Breaking Bad, it would be really easy to fuck up but they are doing a great job with it.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
well, we have to remember that Kim was groomed by HHM, she also started out in the mail room and they paid for however long it took to complete law school. it could be that guilt, and essentially, it could be that, right up until HHM started to screw around w/ Kim (sending her to the cornfield, trying to steal mesa verde), she felt so indebted to HHM, and heck, maybe Chuck was some mentoring god.

She wasn't crying because of Chuck or HHM...

spronk

FPS noob
she was menstruating?

singing Gail is great, does anyone else think he and Gus are banging

So Gus' long term plan is to manufacture meth himself (with Gail) in a bigly way, but short term he just wants to buy some meth. I guess he'll buy Tuco's meth? which is made via Jesse and Tuco's cousin, from episode 1 of BB? Or someone earlier we don't know yet? Not Meth Damon!

also who was the guy who broke into to steal the humul statue, I thought it was gonna be Bill Burr

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
she was menstruating?

So Gus' long term plan is to manufacture meth himself (with Gail) in a bigly way, but short term he just wants to buy some meth. I guess he'll buy Tuco's meth? which is made via Jesse and Tuco's cousin, from episode 1 of BB? Or someone earlier we don't know yet? Not Meth Damon!

also who was the guy who broke into to steal the humul statue, I thought it was gonna be Bill Burr
i thought it was gonna turn out to be the cabbie from Cinnabon Gene's cab.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
she was menstruating?

remember when walt and jesse needed a new place to meth, and they decided on the mobile meth verminators. The verminators do B and E, and the guy heading the crew is the thief, also where meth damon was from.

then walt and jessie say the verminators don't do B and E anymore for obvious reasons of track back, and just get paid turning a blind eye.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The episode as a whole wasn't that spectacular, but that intro was fantastic, and it was great seeing Gale again

• 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
no Chuck either, Jimmy could be ashamed of what went down to cause Kim not to be around in BB.

they're already building to explain it by showing that he could be very close to someone (his brother) and instantly flush all memory and emotion of them when the time comes. I assume this is what will happen to kim after he either gets her killed or there's a giant falling out. he'll just flush her and move on