Better Call Saul

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
kim is one vindictive bitch
She tried to talk her client into moving the site, but her friend with Mesa Verde poo'd on the idea thus the owner poo'd on it as well.

She has done all that she can to save that old man from getting hauled off in cuffs and getting nothing for his rented land.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
She tried to talk her client into moving the site, but her friend with Mesa Verde poo'd on the idea thus the owner poo'd on it as well.

She has done all that she can to save that old man from getting hauled off in cuffs and getting nothing for his rented land.
so thats why Jimmy is representing the rancher? to slow down the land grab process and broker him a sweet deal?

doesnt mesa verde know the two lawyers in a relationship and thats going to cause a conflict of interest? is that the plan too?

Muurloen

so thats why Jimmy is representing the rancher? to slow down the land grab process and broker him a sweet deal?

doesnt mesa verde know the two lawyers in a relationship and thats going to cause a conflict of interest? is that the plan too?
I do not think that they do, but the probably have no idea who Saul Goodman is.

I am not a lawyer, but yes I do agree that it could be a conflict of interest if they were to go to court.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I do not think that they do, but the probably have no idea who Saul Goodman is.

I am not a lawyer, but yes I do agree that it could be a conflict of interest if they were to go to court.
i was thinking about the deal with chuck having his papers hosed by saul and then he gets exposed by admitting it on recording. i forget now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the other issue i had, was in the beginning of the episode Saul buys the three bowling balls. was that an out of context clip because it happened before he saw Howard's Namaste car? why did that trigger him to do that? or was he already planning on fucking with Howard for offering him essentially Chuck's old position?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
the other issue i had, was in the beginning of the episode Saul buys the three bowling balls. was that an out of context clip because it happened before he saw Howard's Namaste car? why did that trigger him to do that? or was he already planning on fucking with Howard for offering him essentially Chuck's old position?
That part was after he met with Howard. It was just shown before. And it triggered him because Howard is trying to make peace with himself by hiring Jimmy, not because he actually wants Jimmy.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Even though Howard was the mouth piece for Chuck, he still holds a grudge towards Howard for all of those dummy checks that he was sending Chuck to make it look like Chuck was an active employee of the firm.

Jimmy will always envy Howard because of how successful/rich of a life Howard has been able to have. The scene when they were leaving the restaurant where Howard's Jag pulls up right before Jimmy's barely functioning beater.

That part was after he met with Howard. It was just shown before. And it triggered him because Howard is trying to make peace with himself by hiring Jimmy, not because he actually wants Jimmy.
I do feel that Howard is genuine in his admiration of Jimmy and the offer was not a joke. He expressed the same admiration for Jimmy when he worked in the mailroom and called him "Charlie Hustle". Maybe that is a backhanded comment since "Charlie Hustle" is associated with Pete Rose, and Pete Rose will never be let into Hall of Fame for his transgressions against baseball.

IDK.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i figured it was out of context, but wasnt sure if the three bowling balls were for something unrelated and he just used them when he saw the Namaste car which drove him to do it. and i dont think Howard is trying to forgive himself, i think he is trying to bring a sense of order in the world by hiring Jimmy like he wanted to before Chuck stepped in and said no. the Namaste thing sort o suggests this. Howard is not the bad guy. Jimmy is still angry.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I just assumed that Jimmy thinks Howard always deferred to Chuck instead of standing up to him and telling him that Jimmy was a good lawyer. I also think a little of it has to do with Howard not buying Chuck out of the firm like Jimmy asked him to early in season 1. How much different things would have been if Howard had not played into Chuck's delusion.

Sterling

El Presidente
I always liked how Howard is always portrayed like an antagonist when he's actually one of the least shitty people on the show.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If it wasnt for the license plate I would agree Howard is interested in Jimmy strictly as an attorney. But the license plate implies Howard is looking for peace after Chuck's death. And because of that, to me it seems that Howard wants to hire Jimmy in order to atone. So Jimmy got his incredible job offer yet it has the shadow of Chuck looming over it, the exact thing that Jimmy said he wants to get away from.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Even though Howard was the mouth piece for Chuck, he still holds a grudge towards Howard for all of those dummy checks that he was sending Chuck to make it look like Chuck was an active employee of the firm.

Jimmy will always envy Howard because of how successful/rich of a life Howard has been able to have. The scene when they were leaving the restaurant where Howard's Jag pulls up right before Jimmy's barely functioning beater.

I do feel that Howard is genuine in his admiration of Jimmy and the offer was not a joke. He expressed the same admiration for Jimmy when he worked in the mailroom and called him "Charlie Hustle". Maybe that is a backhanded comment since "Charlie Hustle" is associated with Pete Rose, and Pete Rose will never be let into Hall of Fame for his transgressions against baseball.

IDK.

This is gold. Coming from you and all.

• 1Garbage

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ya'll forget? from the firms pov and from howards pov, HOWARD is responsible for Chucks suicide, Howard forced Chuck to retire. Not only was chuck a mentor, partner but he very well took up the fatherly role.

Howard is still an asshole, nothings changed, he's just on a 10 step program to making himself feel better.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
ya'll forget? from the firms pov and from howards pov, HOWARD is responsible for Chucks suicide, Howard forced Chuck to retire. Not only was chuck a mentor, partner but he very well took up the fatherly role.

Howard is still an asshole, nothings changed, he's just on a 10 step program to making himself feel better.

Howard is pragmatic and he's the least shitty because his motives are always quite clear. Saul tanked their malpractice insurance with Chuck being onboard because Chuck was fucking with him. Forcing Howard to make a decision to protect the firm or to protect Chuck. He chose to protect the business just like any business owner or partner would be forced to do.

Howard always liked, Jimmy, "charlie hustle" McGill but then always took Chuck's low opinions of his brother as fact. But for some reason he doesn't realize that Saul is just not going to be a corporate lawyer. He don't work that way.

I like Howard just because he is a straight shooting lawyer compared to all the bullshit plots going on around.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Howard is pragmatic and he's the least shitty because his motives are always quite clear. Saul tanked their malpractice insurance with Chuck being onboard because Chuck was fucking with him. Forcing Howard to make a decision to protect the firm or to protect Chuck. He chose to protect the business just like any business owner or partner would be forced to do.

Howard always liked, Jimmy, "charlie hustle" McGill but then always took Chuck's low opinions of his brother as fact. But for some reason he doesn't realize that Saul is just not going to be a corporate lawyer. He don't work that way.

I like Howard just because he is a straight shooting lawyer compared to all the bullshit plots going on around.
he still views Jimmy as "charlie hustle", the mailroom go-getter scrapping by, he's not viewing him as a lawyer, quite possibly as the lawyer that almost took down the entire firm.

Howard NEVER had jimmy's back, he always acquiesced to chucks crazy demands, even ones that punish ppl who are beneath his notice.

putting kim in document area
all the shit chuck has howard do to jimmy
setting up ernesto as the rat to jimmy and getting rid of him