Better Call Saul

spronk

FPS noob
Still have the same feelings on BCS as seasons 1-4 -- I like the show, but I don't love it. I don't really find Saul Goodman that interesting a character, his growth is pretty minor: he is going from bush league hustler to slightly better hustler over 6 seasons with looser morals, but he is still a decent guy who is a narcissistic coward who always looks for the short cut way of doing things.

Its nowhere near the same league of Sopranos or Breaking Bad or Mad Men in terms of character development or interesting main character. In fact the show I would probably most compare it to is Boardwalk Empire, in that the lead character is maybe the weakest one. I like every other character, maybe Lalo is a bit too goofy and Gus Fring is cartoonish now.

I also really can't figure out Kim, she is clearly angry at Jimmy for constantly undermining her "good side" and she clearly wants to leave him but I don't really understand why she stays with him or doesn't tell him how she feels. Much better written and acted than Skyler, but it feels like I am missing a piece of Kim's character/story.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Still have the same feelings on BCS as seasons 1-4 -- I like the show, but I don't love it. I don't really find Saul Goodman that interesting a character, his growth is pretty minor: he is going from bush league hustler to slightly better hustler over 6 seasons with looser morals, but he is still a decent guy who is a narcissistic coward who always looks for the short cut way of doing things.

Its nowhere near the same league of Sopranos or Breaking Bad or Mad Men in terms of character development or interesting main character. In fact the show I would probably most compare it to is Boardwalk Empire, in that the lead character is maybe the weakest one. I like every other character, maybe Lalo is a bit too goofy and Gus Fring is cartoonish now.

I also really can't figure out Kim, she is clearly angry at Jimmy for constantly undermining her "good side" and she clearly wants to leave him but I don't really understand why she stays with him or doesn't tell him how she feels. Much better written and acted than Skyler, but it feels like I am missing a piece of Kim's character/story.
Jimmy isnt undermining her, he's just enabling her inner Jimmy to come out. If she was really angry at Jimmy, she would dump him. she's really just mad at how well his way makes every legit thing she does look fucking super hard.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Jimmy isnt undermining her, he's just enabling her inner Jimmy to come out. If she was really angry at Jimmy, she would dump him. she's really just mad at how well his way makes every legit thing she does look fucking super hard.
i'm pretty sure she knows how much of a hypocrite she's being, cuz all this time, every slippin jimmy scheme works. even when she does her own slippin jimmy stunts, like when she made huel into the neighborhood saint.

i don't think she "wants" to be on the straight and narrow, just that she knows it's just a matter of time before you get caught... she's just been super lucky.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i'm pretty sure she knows how much of a hypocrite she's being, cuz all this time, every slippin jimmy scheme works. even when she does her own slippin jimmy stunts, like when she made huel into the neighborhood saint.

i don't think she "wants" to be on the straight and narrow, just that she knows it's just a matter of time before you get caught... she's just been super lucky.
she will get caught, then sent up for a long time or the meth twins run her over in a robbery.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The silliness of the 50% off guys and the drugs coming out of the pipe was just too much for me. It felt like mexican-ninja all over again.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The silliness of the 50% off guys and the drugs coming out of the pipe was just too much for me. It felt like mexican-ninja all over again.
they used that same drugs in the drainpipe idea in Sid and Nancy back in the 80s(or something very similar). I imagine its a legit method of drug delivery. the silly meth heads was silly, thats a given.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
they used that same drugs in the drainpipe idea in Sid and Nancy back in the 80s(or something very similar). I imagine its a legit method of drug delivery. the silly meth heads was silly, thats a given.

Sorry, I meant the scene where they came out when the cops were there. It felt like a comedy sitcom scene

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
it can't be, the lab isn't ready yet they show it basically 50% done so far. he says its meth he bought from locals to make up a cover story about the dead german stealing meth from him, thats probably it since he has to assume Lalo might be able to track it down to a local small time meth maker. Its possible its stuff Gale made in a tiny setup but thats really unlikely, it would be still way purer than street meth and would make Lalo even more suspicious.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
idk, crazy8 doesn't seem to have much time left...
yeah they seem to be getting close to the BB timeline, but i always got the feeling that Jimmy had already been established as Saul Goodman for a few years by the time Walt met him. the way its being rushed now it looks like as soon as Saul gets his new office, Walt shows up.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yeah they seem to be getting close to the BB timeline, but i always got the feeling that Jimmy had already been established as Saul Goodman for a few years by the time Walt met him. the way its being rushed now it looks like as soon as Saul gets his new office, Walt shows up.
i mean, i assume we see him getting the BB office soon and rehiring big bertha, the amount of clients hes doing, is he just seeing them in coffee shops?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i mean, i assume we see him getting the BB office soon and rehiring big bertha, the amount of clients hes doing, is he just seeing them in coffee shops?
maybe he's using that little fortune teller tent setup. i dunno how hes making bank on this. none of those scumbag clients look like they have a pot to piss in.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
maybe he's using that little fortune teller tent setup. i dunno how hes making bank on this. none of those scumbag clients look like they have a pot to piss in.
as a public defender he got 700 for defending 3 guys
Better-Call-Saul.jpg

i think he wanted 2100, cuz it was one guy each but the court payed per trial.