Better Call Saul

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The new bullet hole that showed up over the night he was staking out her place came shortly after he handed her an envelope full of cash. I think she might be looking for more than some cash, and I think mike understands that.
I don't think it's settled that the damage was a bullet hole nor that it was new. It's entirely possible it's been there the whole time and Mike just never noticed it. Or hell, maybe he did notice it and just didn't challenge her because we can tell he's decided to ride it out and see what her game is. Someone should go back though last season and see if there are any scenes where we see that corner of the house. Also, from the bad look we got, I didn't even think it looked like a bullet hole, but if it was, it would have to have come from about where they were standing.

What else could she be wanting from mike than cash? Does she want the D? I think she's just going crazy, and I think that's what Mike thinks too.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm pretty sure she is faking the gun shots, so that Mike will help her move/leave without her having to directly ask him(out of shame, pride, whatever). That was my take on it.

spronk

FPS noob
its one of those art-is-a-mirror situations, you see what you want to see. If you've been in bad relationships or divorced you see a conniving woman scamming an old man. If you think of yourself as a protector of your family you see a PTSD scared mother and a father (in law) determined to do whatever it takes to protect them.

If you are Astro you see flashbacks to vietnam and the daughter in law is charlie coming to take out your platoon

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its one of those art-is-a-mirror situations, you see what you want to see. If you've been in bad relationships or divorced you see a conniving woman scamming an old man. If you think of yourself as a protector of your family you see a PTSD scared mother and a father (in law) determined to do whatever it takes to protect them.

If you are Astro you see flashbacks to vietnam and the daughter in law is charlie coming to take out your platoon
well at least make a funny insult if you're gonna take a poke at me. you guys are all jumping on the scam wagon and so far she hasnt shown an indication of any such thing. mike is giving her cash because he wants to, he knows its tough for the mom after losing her husband. if she says shes scared then its more likely she is scared than scamming mike into moving her into a fancy mansion in Bel-Air. seriously, she knows mike works as a parking garage attendant, she doesnt know about the "other work" he does and if she did she would likely be more scared of mike than phantom cholos and scuff marks on her house.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It doesn't matter if she knows about the other work or not - all she sees is large envelopes of cash being dropped off. She's taking advantage of him because of whatever happened before.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It doesn't matter if she knows about the other work or not - all she sees is large envelopes of cash being dropped off. She's taking advantage of him because of whatever happened before.
mike knows her shooting story was in her mind and he is still willing to move her into a better neighborhood. still willing to give her money. he isnt being taken advantage of even if maybe thats what she is trying to do. which it isnt, who scams someone for a better neighborhood? people scam for cash or something you can turn easily into cash.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We will see chuk... we will see...

I firmly believe that he is blinded by his love for his grand daughter.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We will see chuk... we will see...

I firmly believe that he is blinded by his love for his grand daughter.
i think he loves both of them, yes he loves his granddaughter very much, but i think he would still be sending the mom money even if she didnt have any kids. mike feels responsible for what happened to his son and will do just about anything to make things right.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Considering how her husband died, maybe the envelopes of cash are triggering her. She might think he's still a dirty cop somehow and it's either driving her nutty, or she's trying to set his ass up for a fall as payback. I can't remember if she knew mike was dirty.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Considering how her husband died, maybe the envelopes of cash are triggering her. She might think he's still a dirty cop somehow and it's either driving her nutty, or she's trying to set his ass up for a fall as payback. I can't remember if she knew mike was dirty.
Yea that's what I was thinking. I still think the hint is that she specifically did not want Mike to stay in the house with her. But then when he says she's dreaming she says something like 'you don't know, you weren't here'.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I think it is pretty obvious Mike assumes that is not a bullet hole. He's probably not sure if she's lying to get him to help her OR if she's suffering from a nervous disorder due to being alone and what happened to the husband. Either way, I don't think it really matters to Mike, so that's why he didn't confront her on him having been there all night. He wants to help more anyway, and either way is good.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I agree that to Mike it doesn't really matter if the mom is trying to scam him or not. He wants to take care of them and probably would have done what he could to move them out of the neighborhood if she would have just asked. Maybe she feels like coming right out and asking him would be shameful. Who knows because bitches be crazy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont remember anymore, but in BB
did Mike end up sending enough cash for the mom and granddaughter to be set up for life or was that all seized?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I think she is scamming him, and he knows it but currently doesn't care, however her "requests" are going to get more and more extravagant as the season progresses.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Reading this thread has made me realize that I fell asleep at the end of the episode and totally missed the thing with Mike.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
man, mike must be a badass to get bitchsmacked by tuco like that and walk away. i wonder if tuco gets the weapon possession charge since his revolver dropped under his car?