Better Call Saul

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, can anyone elaborate on what that tiny change will impact? I get that Saul is sabotaging the file, just don't understand how it'll totally fuck Chuck/HHM.

FWIW, I remember Breaking Bad seemed slow most episodes, but even still the hour zoomed by. Same with BCS. Love the show.
Makes them look like they're careless and gives the impression the firm isn't particularly dedicated to them.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
As far as I can tell, the bank is opening up another branch and HHM is handling all the paperwork. He was changing the address and therefore they'll end up trying to buy a property that isn't for sale. It'll end up being a massive clerical error and likely lose HHM the bank as a client.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What they said, but I wanna know why those documents won't be printed ever again. Wait, what year is it in the show? Was all that shit typed? Nevermind.

The guy mike is watching, Tuco's uncle, is he supposed to be mexican or cuban? Cause he looks cuban.

spronk

FPS noob
his character is mexican - hector salamanca - and the actor IRL is polish/russian jewish by ancestry

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Wondering if that bank branch is the same from the BB pilot. I thought it was odd that branch seemed to have been in the middle of no where.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm surprised people here are hating on the show... I think it's been good (albeit slow this season -- I'm sure that won't last long). One thing that did bug me is Chuck's speech to the banker and his lawyer. It was so condescending like they were fucking idiot children. If it was me on the other end of that conversation I would be pretty annoyed. If he had just stuck with the legal talk part of it it would've been a lot more realistically convincing.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like the show. It's good, I wouldn't classify as great by any stretch though. The problem with this season is for a show that's supposed to be about Saul/Jimmy, he's not really been all that interesting. It's been more about the people around him (Mike, Kim).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm surprised people here are hating on the show... I think it's been good (albeit slow this season -- I'm sure that won't last long). One thing that did bug me is Chuck's speech to the banker and his lawyer. It was so condescending like they were fucking idiot children. If it was me on the other end of that conversation I would be pretty annoyed. If he had just stuck with the legal talk part of it it would've been a lot more realistically convincing.
I agree. Chuck was laying that on pretty thick, and it was easy to see through what he was doing. I really expected that scene to have the bank guy telling Chuck to fuck off.

The disdain Chuck has for Jimmy is amazing. I don't know if I've ever seen a TV show character be so spiteful, especially to their own brother. Chuck was fully prepared to just let Mesa Verde walk when Kim left, but as soon as he heard Jimmy was even remotely involved, he's "scorched earth" mode.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I thought the tone was overly condescending as well to a point that I actually thought he was doing it to make sure they went with Kim with how it started out. But as it was also said, it ended up being pure disdain for Jimmy.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I bet Mike is the one that puts Hector Salamanca in a wheelchair and that's how he starts up with Gus.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, that's been a few people's conclusion as well. He is going to try to kill him and end up injuring him so bad he's in that semi-comatose state instead.

spronk

FPS noob
I hope not. the salamanca family is not one that will just "let it go", they will expend vast resources to figure out what happened and no one would be safe from retribution. it also completely alters Uncle Tio's arc in BB for me - he was a cruel man with vast amounts of power who was defeated not by anyone but by age and time, ground down by forces outside his control similar to Walt 1.0.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I hope not. the salamanca family is not one that will just "let it go", they will expend vast resources to figure out what happened and no one would be safe from retribution. it also completely alters Uncle Tio's arc in BB for me - he was a cruel man with vast amounts of power who was defeated not by anyone but by age and time, ground down by forces outside his control similar to Walt 1.0.
Not sure how you got that from BB. He was a stroke victim who used to be high up in the cartel and was only still relevant because of his family.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So the guess is that Mike gives him a stroke?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Mike giving him a stroke somehow is very different than him just aging and getting a stroke through natural causes.