Better Call Saul

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
My guess is Kim was just exhausted from being up all night working on that proposal. Fell asleep and bam!

Saul plotting the old ladies against their friend was some real scumbag shit. He was very unlikable this episode.
well yea, that was Kim's main plot this season, she is being run ragged and to the bone, already. adding oil guy really fucked up her shit.

Chris

Potato del Grande
yeah, that was a new low for him. heck, walter white wouldnt have pulled that. he literally vindicated chuck this week. your brother got you pegged jimmy.

Walter behaved in a very similar way towards Jessie at times.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
- Mike getting into Madrigal
- Salamanca boogaloo
- Jimmy being a cunt
- Kim being Kim
- Chuck crawling up
Looks like a perfect episode to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Walter behaved in a very similar way towards Jessie at times.
its a tough call, letting jessie's tweaker girlfriend (who would have eventually killed jessie) die or taking away a sweet old lady's last friends and manipulating her for profit. one was actually helping jessie in the long term, while the other secured the rest of her life in misery. i really didnt have much sympathy for jessie since he was a drug dealer long before walter white entered his life and that sweet old lady didnt hurt anyone. yeah saul was worse.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think Walter literally poisoning a kid to manipulate Jesse is a little worse than Saul manipulating a bunch of old biddies to become passive aggressive.

Still, I love that with as much of a scumbag Saul was in this episode, Chuck still manages to outdo him. He'd rather destroy the company he built and put tons of people out of work than take any knock to his pride.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think Walter literally poisoning a kid to manipulate Jesse is a little worse than Saul manipulating a bunch of old biddies to become passive aggressive.

Still, I love that with as much of a scumbag Saul was in this episode, Chuck still manages to outdo him. He'd rather destroy the company he built and put tons of people out of work than take any knock to his pride.
did he actually poison that kid?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

yea, but out of all ppl, Chuck is the one totally in the right, cuz he's the hh(M)cgill, part. He's the reason why the firm is so big and successful anyway.

You think Chuck gives a shit about a few dozen plebs? he was ready to rake his only flesh and blood living relative, a brother... over "ethics".

while WE know Jimmy was a def 100% snake and fucked Chuck over, Chuck was probably only 60% sure that Jimmy fucked him over... add another 10% cuz he used to be slipping jimmy.

Even then with only that amount of certainty, he was ready to fuck over Jimmys life.

• 1Like

Ganthorn

N00b
At first I forgot he got a cut of that settlement and was saying to my wife how he is a good guy making sure the old people got their money before they died of old age and then I was like ... nope

spronk

FPS noob
Jimmy being a scumbag to the old chick wasn't the only scumbag move, him just completely ignoring how fucked Kim looked and not offering to help or anything but just focused on his own win (which I am 100% sure he will completely fuck up and lose all his share of) was an even bigger scumbag move imo, since at least the old chick will become friends again with her shitty friends once she talks to them.

Still, Kim was pretty fucked up for doing all that shit on her own to prove a point to Harry

at least Harry is now on team Fuck Chuck

the Salamanca stuff was weird - the aspirin calmed his heart up, and I don't really understand why he would still try to take over Nacho's dads shop if Don Ellado flat up told him that Gus is now in charge of smuggling. I guess the "fuck don, fuck everyone" line meant he might try but I thought loyalty was a big drug lord thing

Ganthorn

N00b
Still, Kim was pretty fucked up for doing all that shit on her own to prove a point to Harry

I think that was also to make sure she could cover Jimmy's half when he screws things up. She offers to cover it as long as she can and he says no no I got this and she immediately stops sending it away and calls and takes it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I was kind of wondering if this would be the final season, since it hasn't been renewed. But with only one episode left, there's no way they wrap everything up, is there?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So I was kind of wondering if this would be the final season, since it hasn't been renewed. But with only one episode left, there's no way they wrap everything up, is there?
they could end the show next week and there would be no loose ends. i mean except what happens to kim and chuck. i assume kim dies and maybe chuck too or he goes completely bonkers and gets locked away in the booby hatch.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
they could end the show next week and there would be no loose ends. i mean except what happens to kim and chuck. i assume kim dies and maybe chuck too or he goes completely bonkers and gets locked away in the booby hatch.

well we don't know they die... it'd be easy to write them off as dead or crazy. I'm still going with my theory that whole reason Jimmy became Saul was b/c he needed cash, a lot of cash for himself and Kim. Now it could be plausible that he needs lots of cash cuz Kim got some kind of brain aneurysm and is just in perpeptual coma (recent development) and Saul is just getting money to try every treatment under the sun.

Maybe Chuck destroys HHM, and out of despair walks into a best buy.

Really, only Huell and Sugartits have a future. (on Sauls side)

spronk

FPS noob
BCS is one of FX's most critically acclaimed and flagship shows, there is no real chance of cancellation until the creator wants it done. The ratings are really good too, its actually the top rated cable TV show many weeks when you throw in DVR numbers.

Season finale is next week, they'll probably announce renewal around then.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, if you just look at the overnight numbers, it's pretty underwhelming. It's one of AMC's lowest performing shows only beating The Son, Humans, (co-developed with Channel 4), Turn (ending after this season), and Halt and Catch Fire (also ending), and it's ratings are lower than last season. But when you look at Live +3 and +7, it's a completely different picture. Once you take those into consideration, BCS is one of the most watched shows currently airing on cable. Its ratings are also higher than Breaking Bad ever had until its final season. I'd be really surprised if AMC didn't bring it back.

Jimmy being a scumbag to the old chick wasn't the only scumbag move, him just completely ignoring how fucked Kim looked and not offering to help or anything but just focused on his own win (which I am 100% sure he will completely fuck up and lose all his share of) was an even bigger scumbag move imo, since at least the old chick will become friends again with her shitty friends once she talks to them.

I didn't really see that as all that bad. Jimmy really doesn't realize how overworked Kim is. He still thought Mesa Verde was the only thing she was working on and was surprised when she had something else, but when he tried to ask her about it, she just brushed him off and told him she'd talk to him about it later. Kim has also had a tendency to want to do things on her own and doesn't often ask for help when she needs it. Not that I'm dismissing Jimmy being self-absorbed over his win, but I didn't really see it as particularly egregious, nor do I think he bares much responsibility for Kim's crash.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, if you just look at the overnight numbers, it's pretty underwhelming. It's one of AMC's lowest performing shows only beating The Son, Humans, (co-developed with Channel 4), Turn (ending after this season), and Halt and Catch Fire (also ending), and it's ratings are lower than last season. But when you look at Live +3 and +7, it's a completely different picture. Once you take those into consideration, BCS is one of the most watched shows currently airing on cable. Its ratings are also higher than Breaking Bad ever had until its final season. I'd be really surprised if AMC didn't bring it back.

I didn't really see that as all that bad. Jimmy really doesn't realize how overworked Kim is. He still thought Mesa Verde was the only thing she was working on and was surprised when she had something else, but when he tried to ask her about it, she just brushed him off and told him she'd talk to him about it later. Kim has also had a tendency to want to do things on her own and doesn't often ask for help when she needs it. Not that I'm dismissing Jimmy being self-absorbed over his win, but I didn't really see it as particularly egregious, nor do I think he bares much responsibility for Kim's crash.
one could argue that if it wasnt for jimmy's shenanigans at Brent and Main and at HHM, kim would still be working for her full partnership with HHM and jimmy would be doing his job on the elder care lawsuit. but then it would be a REALLY boring show. plus i agree with you her shutting jimmy out was at least partially due to her overachieving nature.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
yea, but out of all ppl, Chuck is the one totally in the right, cuz he's the hh(M)cgill, part.
Except he's mentally ill and Howard is trying to help him and preserve his legacy. Instead Chuck gets butthurt and tries to burn them all. I'm not sure how Chuck is "in the right" in this situation at all. That dude is nuts.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Is anybody watching "The Son"? I am DVRing it because I love westerns but haven't watched any of it yet.