Better Call Saul

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
A slow paced prequel show about mostly a bunch of shitty people and it's awesome.
it ended a bit silly tonight. Gustavo was complaining that if the boss of the Salamanca cartel dies, it could start a war, then the next episode he straight up kills a miniboss of the same family. i think the Juarez bros are gonna wonder where the fuck their dude went. and since his partner Nacho is still around, it doesnt take a Mexican rocket scientist to guess who they will be questioning about it.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I think tonight's episode also confirmed the whole guilt passing off to Howard situation when Kim basically calls Howard on it asking if that's what he was trying to do to Jimmy. Howard has always been a pretty decent guy and I believe honestly feels bad about the whole situation going way back to Chucks treatment of Jimmy and more so when Kim goes all out on him. He really wanted to try to make things right in any way he could.

As for what Gus does I can imagine Gus will pawn off the blame for what happened to Salamanca on the guy he just had killed and Nacho is going to help cosign on that story. This might cause a complete collapse of Salamancas organization as they begin to turn on one another in the search for who was involved allowing Gus to finally take over Salamancas operations.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont know why I didnt think of this during my last post, but Gus wants to know whats up with Nacho because of the fact that HE wanted to be the decider when it came to Hector and what happens to him in this life. That was taken from him and that is what is ultimately driving him above all else.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I dont know why I didnt think of this during my last post, but Gus wants to know whats up with Nacho because of the fact that HE wanted to be the decider when it came to Hector and what happens to him in this life. That was taken from him and that is what is ultimately driving him above all else.
yea if you look at the episode, shady doc said only jon hopkins would help, next day they get a jon hopkins doc (and grant money).

he ultimately wants this scene to play out

some lawyer guy explain the 4/5k payment hhm gave to jimmy. it's basically hush money? they can do that?

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Just so he wouldnt contest the will if he wanted more, and because HHM wanted to give Jimmy something. Hamlen is a good dude, and jimmy and his GF make him out to be an asshole.

Poor writing plot, imo. But not as bad as most shows

glad jimmy's bro is dead. Was ruining my immersion

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
some lawyer guy explain the 4/5k payment hhm gave to jimmy. it's basically hush money? they can do that?

It's explained in the scene. If Jimmy was completely left out of the will, he could argue that it was in error. By including him and only giving him a small amount, it sends the message that he wasn't forgotten, but wasn't being afforded a larger share. It was Chuck's way of using the law to fuck Jimmy over one more time.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
It's explained in the scene. If Jimmy was completely left out of the will, he could argue that it was in error. By including him and only giving him a small amount, it sends the message that he wasn't forgotten, but wasn't being afforded a larger share. It was Chuck's way of using the law to fuck Jimmy over one more time.
so that was chuck giving the 4k payment not hhm?

• 1Picard

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
so that was chuck giving the 4k payment not hhm?

Yeah. Keep in mind that Chuck was probably worth at least 10 million bucks (Was the value of HHM ever mentioned in the show? I can't remember) so giving Jimmy 5k is like a normal dude throwing pennies at a bum.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Yeah. Keep in mind that Chuck was probably worth at least 10 million bucks (Was the value of HHM ever mentioned in the show? I can't remember) so giving Jimmy 5k is like a normal dude throwing pennies at a bum.

i remember chuck suiing hhm for 8million and then howard paid him off, this was also during the insurance thing.

edit found the clip

Last edited:
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
kim going off on howard was awesome, 100% badass bitch there

love the salamanca twins, that whole minimal dialogue from them was hilarious. I expect thats why Tuco will re-enter the picture, he is a talkative motherfucker so having him around to yap in Hector's ear 24x7 will be great for Hector

i kept thinking during the drug exchange scene "... I don't remember this pony tail guy in Breaking Bad. oh fuck, he's dead in the next few minutes, isn't he..." At least Nacho gets his sweet ass Dodge 442 Olds

For a minute I thought the rest of the season might be about Jimmy the door to door copy machine salesman, and I woulda been totally cool with that. Not loving Gus so far in BCS, he is a bit one dimensional vs the complex character he was in BB. Hopefully that comes out.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
He was worth much more than that. Howard and the firm bought him out of his agreement for $9 million (three payments of $3 million, the first of which Howard handed to him at the end of partner meeting), which would still be due to his estate. I have to imagine he was also receiving his share of the partnership income while living as a caveman.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
He was worth much more than that. Howard and the firm bought him out of his agreement for $9 million (three payments of $3 million, the first of which Howard handed to him at the end of partner meeting), which would still be due to his estate. I have to imagine he was also receiving his share of the partnership income while living as a caveman.
which probably lead to the downfall of HHM, since H and M are dead and young H had to liquidate his shit to pay off dead M.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Its interesting that lot of people think Jimmy has moved on from Chucks death. His erratic behavior suggests that he is not handling this well at all and certainly did not pass the blame onto Howard; he is blaming himself and is having a bad time handling it. Kim's outburst suggests that she knows how hard of a time Jimmy is having.

I think the fact that we know what Jimmy turns into is affecting our perception of his current actions. This seems to be an incorrect way to view the events of the show as we are letting the future bias the past.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I think the passing the guilt thing was Jimmy's way of absolving himself from guilt in order to cope with things. In no way do I think deep down he has moved on from Chucks death. Chucks death is already manifesting itself in Jimmy's behavior. Chuck always had that looking down at people he felt were lesser then him attitude, such as how he always treated Jimmy. Chuck just had a lawful (dnd alignment) way of going about it. When Jimmy goes to meet those 2 guys for the sales job, that same looking down at people attitude emerges but Jimmy's way of doing it is chaotic and full of anger. I think Jimmy will ultimately follow the same path as Chuck, losing everything he loves along the way.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think the passing the guilt thing was Jimmy's way of absolving himself from guilt in order to cope with things. In no way do I think deep down he has moved on from Chucks death. Chucks death is already manifesting itself in Jimmy's behavior. Chuck always had that looking down at people he felt were lesser then him attitude, such as how he always treated Jimmy. Chuck just had a lawful (dnd alignment) way of going about it. When Jimmy goes to meet those 2 guys for the sales job, that same looking down at people attitude emerges but Jimmy's way of doing it is chaotic and full of anger. I think Jimmy will ultimately follow the same path as Chuck, losing everything he loves along the way.
this, he outwardly passed off the guilt to Howard, but deep down is still broken up, Kim sees this and thats why she flipped her shit on Howard and his shitty little scheme to fuck over Jimmy.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if Kim is the reason Jimmy moves on to Saul. Either something happens to her or he sabotages the relationship some how.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am thinking Kim will be the straw that breaks his back. And it will most likely be something that Jimmy himself does that will destroy her, physically or emotionally or both.