Big Bang Theory

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
Quite the surprise for the ending of this season. I don't think it's too much to see progress in everyones relationships, but it's almost like the writers said, "we just don't know what to do, so lets mess things up and spend all next season sorting it out.". Getting a bit tired of the yes no yes no yes no Leonard/Penny stuff.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I haven't watched the show since Penny cut her hair and I'm prolly not going to come back to the show.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
its coming to an end, i know all you big bang fans on this forum will be sad
‘The Big Bang Theory’ to End With Season 12

Eh, I watched it, but not sad it's going. We only got seasons 11 and 12 cuz they asked for a shitload of money and got it. They are all typecast to hell now and I bet that only Kaley Cuoco, Jim Parsons, and Melissa Rauch have jobs by next TV season. Johnny Galecki could always go to the Roseanne spin off I guess.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
None of them need jobs after the money they are getting for these last few seasons unless they are complete idiots.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the big 3 were each getting $1m per episode the last few seasons (24 episodes per season i think?) PLUS they will get more $$ for syndication, the show is on like 10 times a week in most markets

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Quit a while ago, didn't see any of last season. I guess the wedding was the season finale last year, is that worth a watch?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I know people hate on this show, but I still found it funny enough to watch. It wasn't really terrible until Howard got married. The show had some change around then that didn't feel right. Them all having girlfriends/wives/babies just never sat right with the original plot. Whatever was good in this show was lost long ago.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It started off good. Now it's lower-middle tier at best. I'll put it on in the background while I am doing things, but I rarely care about what's going on anymore. That said, Young Sheldon was pretty good.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So the reason this is ending is solely because of Jim Parsons wanting to move on. He turned down 50 million for 2 more seasons. Dude is probably not gonna make 50 million for the rest of his typecast career.

Goatface

Parsons is 45, he will probably just do pet/fun projects

i still enjoy the show, some of the bit characters kill me (Stuart, Kripke, Bert....)

Chris

Potato del Grande
yeah the big 3 were each getting $1m per episode the last few seasons (24 episodes per season i think?) PLUS they will get more $$ for syndication, the show is on like 10 times a week in most markets
10 times? That's cute :)

It's on EIGHT TIMES A DAY on a channel in the UK called E4, I wouldn't be surprised if that network squeezes in a few more showings on one of their other channels.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
same here, Pro7 (number 2 channel) sometimes shows this show 6 times a day. And they're not gonna stop because of this, your typical broadcast TV watcher is a moron here who doesn't know what reruns are.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
same here, Pro7 (number 2 channel) sometimes shows this show 6 times a day. And they're not gonna stop because of this, your typical broadcast TV watcher is a moron here who doesn't know what reruns are.

Pro7... That's that German channel, right? Is everything still dubbed? I used to have a bunch of RTL channels and Pro7 on my cable, I still might , I don't venture to channels around 572 any more. What I remember is that every god damn US show was dubbed in German. My question is WHY

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So the reason this is ending is solely because of Jim Parsons wanting to move on. He turned down 50 million for 2 more seasons. Dude is probably not gonna make 50 million for the rest of his typecast career.
From what I remember, he was a big broadway/show guy before striking it big with big bang. He's also done mildly successful movies (that one where he's an alien, my kid watches it). At 45 if I had Parson's money I'd either straight retire, or be very picky with roles. He has no reason to work everyday on a TV set now.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pro7... That's that German channel, right? Is everything still dubbed? I used to have a bunch of RTL channels and Pro7 on my cable, I still might , I don't venture to channels around 572 any more. What I remember is that every god damn US show was dubbed in German. My question is WHY

Why wouldn't you dub everything if not dubbing it meant giving away all your market share to competitors that do?