Big Brother

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
We're gonna reflect on this season and think that Josh is actually a genius, taking all the blame while proving effective jury management. This is one thing survivor can't do, goodbye messages since everyone can be targeted, instead of just two on the block.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Paul losing 5-4 two seasons in a row with Cody winning AFH was the best possible outcome for this finale. A small bit of glee in the worst ever season of Big Brother.

Yup holy shit my wife and I are just pumped. Perfect fucking ending to the most disgusting season of primetime reality TV ever filmed.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Fucking fantastic! I still want to see Russel Hanz and Paul on the same show.

Paul's a pussy faggot delusional cunt that only accomplished what he did because he was put in a house with extreme retards. He'd be licking Russel's boots clean and following his orders within 24 hours.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
We're gonna reflect on this season and think that Josh is actually a genius, taking all the blame while proving effective jury management. This is one thing survivor can't do, goodbye messages since everyone can be targeted, instead of just two on the block.

I was seeing red when paul was getting all butt hurt when they showed that. That's jury management paul, not sicking your goons to pick on people for their last week and the house and making up complete lies as they walk out the door. Idiot.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I hope it burns Paul for a long time that he probably could have won if he had sent Jess to the jury before Cody, like she wanted. I bet a couple of weeks of the sweet Jess puss and Cody would have forgotten all about his dislike for Paul. Jessica did say she would have voted for Paul on pure game and she would have swayed Cody. Paul just didn't manage the jury well at all.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Paul lost for one reason: He wouldn't own his manipulation and betrayals, even at the end. He was still trying to sell them on "friendship" faggotry. Nobody wants to be lied to all season and then disrespected at the final episode. I firmly believe if he would have completely owned it at the end(like Josh did every goodbye message), they would have given it to him. What a dumbass.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Paul lost for one reason: He wouldn't own his manipulation and betrayals, even at the end. He was still trying to sell them on "friendship" faggotry. Nobody wants to be lied to all season and then disrespected at the final episode. I firmly believe if he would have completely owned it at the end(like Josh did every goodbye message), they would have given it to him. What a dumbass.

He was probably thinking of his brand outside of the game. Even Xmas in her sit down with Julie tried to come clean and said crazy xmas came out a lot.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Josh low key made the move of a lifetime in throwing paul under the bus in every goodbye message. Most of the time people would have been annoyed by his arrogance, but when put next to Paul lying to their face in the house and even in the message, it was done.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider

Right I'm seeing a bunch of bitter jury gripes in the NeoGaf thread, and I'm like, yep they are bitter, and Paul should have KNOWN they'd be bitter. Did he really think they wouldn't FINALLY compare notes in the sequestered Jury house? I honestly believe he could have easily salvaged a 5-4 win by just admitting he was behind all of it, and that it was just game play moves, which did get him to the final 2 in the easiest possible way. But the second he went into his normal "It wasn't me" mode after the second question (I think), I looked to my wife and said "He just guaranteed his loss right there." Yes, he lost some people for good like Alex. But I think him owning it would have swayed Jason and maybe even Cody and Mark/Elana.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Right I'm seeing a bunch of bitter jury gripes in the NeoGaf thread, and I'm like, yep they are bitter, and Paul should have KNOWN they'd be bitter. Did he really think they wouldn't FINALLY compare notes in the sequestered Jury house? I honestly believe he could have easily salvaged a 5-4 win by just admitting he was behind all of it, and that it was just game play moves, which did get him to the final 2 in the easiest possible way. But the second he went into his normal "It wasn't me" mode after the second question (I think), I looked to my wife and said "He just guaranteed his loss right there." Yes, he lost some people for good like Alex. But I think him owning it would have swayed Jason and maybe even Cody and Mark/Elana.

In games like survivor and big brother jury management is like 30% of the game.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Paul's backyard interview, he's super salty and really doesn't understand why he lost. I think Namon is right, if he had owned up to what he did the jury they probably would have voted for him.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Paul's backyard interview, he's super salty and really doesn't understand why he lost. I think Namon is right, if he had owned up to what he did the jury they probably would have voted for him.

It will soon become very clear. Have fun walking around town and the mall when marines that enjoy this show are shouting out you "Am I a marine Paul? Am I a real patriot Paul?" That's the shit that pissed me off about him the most.

Last edited:

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
In games like survivor and big brother jury management is like 30% of the game.

It totally is. Russel Hantz lost because, while he did totally dominate the actual game (took a core of 4 people and took out a core of 8), he was openly a dick about it and it cost him. However, his game was lost in the jury just because of who he took with him to the final 3.

However, in Big Brother, I'd argue that it's even a bigger share of that, simply because of things like the goodbye messages. Josh used them to own it. Paul used them to continue his bullshit lies. I think he crossed a line, but in the end, dude was masterful in the art of "playing all sides" and not getting caught. I have seen many attempts at doing that before, and they ultimately failed. Dude was able to do it all the way to the end, he just needed to fess up to it.

I do think it would have been harder if Big Brother would actually find 8-10 people who are equally driven for that prize instead of 4 or 5. I am hoping against hope (because let's be real, Grodner wants "The Real World" more than she wants "Survivor") that they do just that next season and give us a cast with at least 2/3 of them wanting to actually play for that end prize more than getting a few weeks of fame and then being pampered in a jury mansion after the fact.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Russel exemplifies that jury management is actually 95% of the game. Thing is, he owned up to it both times, both times he took his right hand (Mick/Parvati) and the retard (Natalie/Sandra).

Not only that, but the second time around were super vets, some of these fucks played 3x, and for them, it'd be kind of taboo to be a bitter jury.

But they couldn't help themselves, they were that well played. And that bitter, that they made worthless Sandra a two time winner.

See Russel playing the vets, we found cool to watch, cuz he was the noob vs a gang of vets, everything was stacked against him

Vs. Paul the lone vet with a 4 week immunity, it's like the opposite of good reality TV.

Both were horrible at jury management both picked the wrong idiot to bring to the end.

If anyrhing, again I commend Josh for using the goodbye messages. While Natalie only looked amazing the more she starved and Sandra is a worthless pile of fat.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It totally is. Russel Hantz lost because, while he did totally dominate the actual game (took a core of 4 people and took out a core of 8), he was openly a dick about it and it cost him. However, his game was lost in the jury just because of who he took with him to the final 3.

However, in Big Brother, I'd argue that it's even a bigger share of that, simply because of things like the goodbye messages. Josh used them to own it. Paul used them to continue his bullshit lies. I think he crossed a line, but in the end, dude was masterful in the art of "playing all sides" and not getting caught. I have seen many attempts at doing that before, and they ultimately failed. Dude was able to do it all the way to the end, he just needed to fess up to it.

I do think it would have been harder if Big Brother would actually find 8-10 people who are equally driven for that prize instead of 4 or 5. I am hoping against hope (because let's be real, Grodner wants "The Real World" more than she wants "Survivor") that they do just that next season and give us a cast with at least 2/3 of them wanting to actually play for that end prize more than getting a few weeks of fame and then being pampered in a jury mansion after the fact.

Might have said it already but I turned to my wife a few times to /boggle at why paul would be lieing in his goodbye messages. Only thing I can think of is he was in an extremely narcisistic mindset since he had complete control of almost everything in the house and couldn't bring himself out of his bubble long enough to even contemplate that stepping out of character and telling some truths would do him some good.

Shit played out the same during the final jury QA and in his lawn interviews. He honestly thinks he had no part in bullying or that he lied maliciously (vs gameplay). He not only participated in the bullying but instigated every gangbang event that happened in the house. He went so far to even demand his minions didn't apologize to the victim afterwards even when they really wanted to. Scum, through and through.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users