Billions

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oh man, Axe is so fucked. I'm not sure how to spin this any other way. They have all the players on camera. Even Lara's brothers... He's going to get eviscerated.

The way this episode played out, it had a real "The Sting" vibe to it.

Hmerly

Golden Knight of the Realm
Only problem is, AXE is going to get off due to Wendy's huge position. She is vulnerable due to her last second buy in on the short and once Rhodes finds out, Axe's out will be revealed. Rhodes will not sacrifice the mother of his children, even for Axe.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Episode was pretty fucking out there and not believable. Taylor needs to get off this show

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay that was kind of fucking dumb. Insider trading and shit aside. Poisoning people is fucking CRAZY.

But I agree. Wendy will give Axe an out. That's a huge Chekov's gun. Won't save all the other smaller fish though like Lara's brothers and everyone else involved in the conspiracy. So Axe won't come out unscathed for any of it and Ice Juice will file huge ass suits against him in addition.

Ice Juice will recover some though and I don't think Chuck's Dad or his best friend are going to lose entirely on it. But it will hurt some.

Axe's relationship with Lara is going to fall to pieces over this (her brothers are fucked). Dumbass Taylor is going to learn of it and lose her shit. Hence the talk with Chuck's protoge about not being tainted enough yet to condone this kind of thing. I think the most brilliant part was putting in the young, hungry, anal retentive, investigator as the lead attorney in all of this. Dude is a bloodthirsty animal for shit like this.

Net loss for Axe. He might escape true punishment. But a lot of the dudes involved are totally screwed and he lost a ton of allies who will never speak to him again. Like Boyd, Lara, and all the other people who will go down in this.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I find the poisoning thing a bit too hard to believe. Don't think Axe would ever stoop to that level, but his Chuck hate does run deep. Still. Bit too far to believe.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This episode was jumping shark territory. Also, those two dudes at the bar aren't Lara's brothers. Which brothers were involved in this?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This episode was jumping shark territory. Also, those two dudes at the bar aren't Lara's brothers. Which brothers were involved in this?

Oh well IDK. They're close to Lara and her family in some capacity. They covered for her when she came to the working man's bar. She will think Axe went too far because they have zero way out of this and he never even talked to Lara about this plan.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Horrible deus ex ending, didn't understand why Axe needed to poison the people right at the time, just get the poison in the factory and let it do its work, if it hits a few days before or after the IPO it doesn't matter. Then you only have one person worth of exposure not many.

Also how did Axe's NSA guy not spot the surveillance? How did he not hear about it when he hears about everything else? None of the cutouts spotted FBI blanket surveillance? Not one peep of the 100+ agents needed to survey that many people to all of Axe's informants?

Why would Axe need to commit major crimes to get at Chuck? Making money is winning. Why would Chuck be willing to TOTALLY RUIN his friend Ira just to get Axe?

Horrible, horrible episode.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Horrible deus ex ending, didn't understand why Axe needed to poison the people right at the time, just get the poison in the factory and let it do its work, if it hits a few days before or after the IPO it doesn't matter. Then you only have one person worth of exposure not many.

Yeah, especially specific people all of which have either direct or indirect ties to you. Ex-Employee's maid, ex-employee, wife's friends... etc.

Pretty sure Ice Juice will survive. Ira is not going to be ruined over it. People forgot about the Tylenol cyanide poisoning and stuff too.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, especially specific people all of which have either direct or indirect ties to you. Ex-Employee's maid, ex-employee, wife's friends... etc.

Uncharacteristically stupid of him, while Chuck goes full Littlefinger and they play it all back at the end to show his deviousness....

Crap writing

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I turned it off and I'm done. Fuck this show.

I was just about done after last season started becoming so fucking ridiculous. But, bio-terrorism? Really? Fucking really...? I'm done.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The investigator investigating Chuck's office is so fucking corny. What a caricature. Trying to catch up, and although I am trying to avoid spoilers, hope this season doesn't take as big of a shit as it maybe seems.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Oh man, Axe is so fucked. I'm not sure how to spin this any other way. They have all the players on camera. Even Lara's brothers... He's going to get eviscerated.

The way this episode played out, it had a real "The Sting" vibe to it.

The writers wrote themselves a backdoor. Wendy took a short position, which means Rhodes is now compromised.

The shows writing has become pretty fucking annoying even beyond the absurdities of the characters actions. I almost can't stand to watch it now because of Lara's tantrums. It's sad, because I commented last season that I FINALLY found a fucking show where the writers made the women reasonable, and pretty fucking awesome. The women felt like real matches for their men...In fact, the show was kind of reversed from the normal mainstays where Wendy is the more pragmatic, self interested end of the marriage and Chuck is kind of an obnoxious emotionally driven douche. And Lara? Lara was awesome--a pitbull who understood the special thing she had and was also rational and driven by self interest.

But then, then they ran out of drama, I guess. Watching Lara leave him, and throw that fucking tantrum because he told a small lie about something for his god damn work? I have never seen a more ridiculous display of entitlement on television. The woman literally takes her own fucking helicopter to go on shopping sprees where the stores open for just her, and has a live in chef, maids, and other service people to help her with her children, and has a husband who bought her sister a restaurant, and her brothers homes, and can do whatever the fuck she wants. Her husband does not cheat, or even flirt with other women and is absolutely devoted to her. And she fucking can't get back into him because he lied ONCE in 15 years of marriage, and not about anything important, a simple lie that still accomplished what she was demanding, to spare her feelings.

This show is actually ridiculous with what a perfect husband they make Axe, I mean sometimes its almost laughable with how good of a man he is on the home front (Its the epitome of a Mary Sue.)...and hollywood writers STILL find a way to make the wife have a problem with him. It's insanely stupid. (And it really bums me out because the women in this show were amazing, until everyone began taking retard pills.)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Also how did Axe's NSA guy not spot the surveillance? How did he not hear about it when he hears about everything else? None of the cutouts spotted FBI blanket surveillance? Not one peep of the 100+ agents needed to survey that many people to all of Axe's informants?

Why would Axe need to commit major crimes to get at Chuck? Making money is winning. Why would Chuck be willing to TOTALLY RUIN his friend Ira just to get Axe?

Horrible, horrible episode.

Well, he didn't want the poison randomly distributed from the factory because if a sick person drank it, it would kill them, probably (They do try and give him some narrative cover so he doesn't appear to be murderous). You could also make the case that his NSA guy didn't hear anything because it was Eastern district moving pieces, not Southern.

But we know from earlier episodes Axe has people following him looking for surveillance. But that begs the question, why the fuck is Axe PERSONALLY making deals for this shit? Why isn't the NSA guy hiring another spook and putting fire walls between them. Even if we could swallow the whole bio-terrorism thing (lol), the way he went about it was colossally stupid. A huge billionaire who has an active spy network, and trained people under him running around and personally making deals that show his vulnerability?

What's even better is one of those deals was with a guy who betrayed him already and snitched. LOL, I mean, I get Axe told him not to drink it personally, and so expected there to be another level of separation, but even so, the next jump back would have been a fucking guy who already ratted him out to the FBI.

And yeah, Chuck fucking over Ira, and saccing his own 20-30 million dollars probably (In total from his trust)....For what? Just to nail Axe? Whole episode was absurd.

Last edited:

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So I guess I just have to accept that this show is on the level of Melrose Place with how fucking outrageous it is.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I really dislike Axe's wife anymore. Lit hit the nail on the head (as he always does). I enjoy the show, but this season was a huge change of pace from the first season. Everyone appears to act different. It was still entertaining, but not the same as #1. Oh well, I'm still on for season 3.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am done with this fucking show. I used to like it because it was just about two kinda shady dudes who play around the edges. Episode 11 jumped the shark so hard it was unbelievable.

Chuck's dad disowned him over the Ice Juice thing... That was a bit much too. Is this supposed to be about two guys who ruin their lives over their careers or the robber baron and the authorities? I don't even know anymore.

God damn shame too.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I was thinking about what Lit said even more, and it's worse than I initially thought. The writers of the show have gone pro feminism, much the way people are complaining GoT of going.

Lara for example. Realistically, she hasn't done a SINGLE thing with her life, except for spread her legs for Axe. I get the feeling that the writers assume most of the female audience are on the same boat. That way when Lara fucks with Axe, and he's a losing it, the audience can high five themselves shouting "girl power!" or something equally stupid. Because realistically, she hasn't done a fucking thing. She gave birth to 2 kids where as he created a multi BILLION dollar company. Way to go, you're so equal.

Wendy is a bit better, but she plays the innocent snowflake. I like what she does for the team, but hate who she is. I'll still watch season 3, but women suck. Taylor is a bull dyke, at least. So she doesn't give off any fem vibes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user