Billions

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
And really. Chuck also could have gotten out of that whole situation with his father and Ira by just saying he thought it might be a possibility that Axe came at him that way. But he was willing to take the risk because he believed in Ira. That he knew Axe had bought the books he sold just to slight him.

He didn't even have to say that he orchestrated it or expected it. Just that he anticipated it might happen and planned accordingly. Just in case.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Is this already renewed for another season? Episode 11 made my eyes roll so hard they blew the top of my head off. Episode 12 was insanely boring. Doubt I'm tuning in for the next season.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
First black sails and now this. Worst TV season. And I watched Lost.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
And really. Chuck also could have gotten out of that whole situation with his father and Ira by just saying he thought it might be a possibility that Axe came at him that way. But he was willing to take the risk because he believed in Ira. That he knew Axe had bought the books he sold just to slight him.

He didn't even have to say that he orchestrated it or expected it. Just that he anticipated it might happen and planned accordingly. Just in case.

The whole episode was fucking bizarre. This part, and Lara are probably the two weirdest fucking inexpiable, illogical things I've seen on TV in a while.

Chuck didn't do anything wrong. He didn't direct Loyd to lie, or otherwise coerce Axe. He literally just said "go ahead and tell him the truth". That's not orchestrating anything, especially given how Axe has known nearly every major financial move that's happened instantly, and has been watching Chuck so closely he knew when damn books were sold.

The worst part is, as you said, it's not even a lie to say "I planned accordingly because I knew Axe would gun for me."...I have no fucking idea why Ira and his father are so angry. How do they even believe Chuck 'forced' Axe to do what he did? How could Chuck have stopped Axe EXCEPT doing exactly what he did (Have the police watch and guard his friends investment.)

He should have told Ira "Axe was going to gun for you because you're my friend, but I have your back buddy and collected evidence so you can win a civil suit against him" Which is the fucking truth at this point. I just don't get it. The show literally let things roll for drama's sake, NONE of this makes sense.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Finally caught up. Honestly, aside from the "Golden Frog" episode, I felt the season really picked up steam about episode 7 or so. Too bad the last two sucked.

Not bailing yet. But yeah, the Ice Juice shit was really clunky.

I tried to avoid spoilers from the thread, but before I watched the last 6 episodes I caught mention of a "poisoning". I was waiting for it and thought when Lara was having issues after they ate the caviar on the pizza, that somehow that shit was poisoned and her issues during that attempted sex scene was her dying LOL (I was scared that even after the self-poisoning of the Juice, they might be retarded enough to have a big character die..). So I was relieved that they weren't quite that retarded and I probably have a more optimistic view of the ending, just for that reason.

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Nice, I like this show. Even if it gets silly at times. It's still not as good as Trump, though.

• 1Like

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Second season was kinda engaging, but I'm not sure how much more I can handle the whole "tense manly confrontation where they act like they're either gonna start fighting or making out but someone just says something dramatic then runs to their lawyer" thing this show keeps doing.

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Does Paul Giamatti's character still talk exclusively in that low, broody, "I wish I was Batman" voice?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yeah, I will give it another season as well...but I assume they will wrap things up in next couple years.

Not sure what angles are left to explore.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's on Showtime. It will go on four more seasons than it should.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
b/c I just don't understand but why give your best ideas to the group at the end? how does presenting to your competitors help keep axe alive?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Were we supposed to feel bad for the mexican? Because that shit was hilarious. Something tells me the people who wrote that shit did not intend it to be funny. Meh episode. Bobby is doing things that someone, who is supposedly as smart as he is, would not do.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
BzhjfBk.png