Billions

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I think Wags is going to die.
I hope not. After Wendy threw her convictions and morals out the window to save her ass, Wags is the only character left that I like. The Russian likes to fuck with the kids and Ax has two so maybe that will be the way it goes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I hope not. After Wendy threw her convictions and morals out the window to save her ass, Wags is the only character left that I like. The Russian likes to fuck with the kids and Ax has two so maybe that will be the way it goes.

The dude bought his own grave and we got a harrowing account of how crazy that Rusky is. If that isn't foreshadowing I don't know what is.

• 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Nothing new to add except I am enjoying this season much more than last.

Not sure if the Russian angle will do anything now that they are focused on Krusty Krab.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Wow, Chuck's dad was easily the MVP of tonight after his pep-talk to Taiga. Damn, she's sexy.

MV5BMTgzNzYxNjU4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDQyNjIwMDI@._V1_.jpg

Taiga "I liked him. And I really did try to love him."
Mr. Rhoads "Try harder. You've been married seven years before you even entertain the notion of a divorce. And the day the Dorsey brothers showed that Presley boy swiveling his hips, there's been a slow but steady erosion of the family. Well here is how you keep one going. You find a group of friends better than you. Find one worse. Bitch about them to each other. And then when you're all bitched out, run ten miles a day. Take your birth control pills and flush 'em. And make that kid your project together. And if Ira doesn't know how to fuck you, you teach him! One more thing. Give yourself the lime test. You stick your finger in lime juice and put it up inside and if it stings get yourself cleaned out. Do not bring the clap home to your husband. It's uncivil."

That was awesome.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Enjoying this season, but I don't like the character changes they've made to Axe. Now he seems like he no longer gives a shit about any of his employees, and his whole giving a shit was a reason they were willing to die for him early on. The Taylor angle, we knew where they wanted to take it, I just think they forced it a little bit by suddenly having Axe really ungrateful for what she had been achieving in his absence, and hoped to achieve for his company going forward. The yelling at his old boss at the restaurant really put a bow on the ham fisting of making that storyline complete.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Disagree. Axe has always been spiteful to those that have disrespected him in the past. I would say that's his primary flaw - not being able to let go of grudges.

As for Taylor, I get his attitude. He's always shown a bit of apprehension to her big data analytics approach. Makes sense that would eventually come to head.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
But... nobody has disrespected him. He’s forgetting what sports people played, and ultimately the personal touch that made people so willing to take a hit for him. His current frame of mind cannot lead to good things. I’m curious if Taylor will poach anyone as a result

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I had thought that MaFee took the fall for some shit. But it changed nothing?

How could Coats be so dumb to believe that a person has to actually physically wear a wire in 2018? I get that he trusted the situation and all.

This ring around the rosie shit with Axe and Chuck is getting a bit tiring though.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yeah, the season started strong but ended very predictable.

On a nit-picky note:

I know that Taylor (And the actor) are "multi-non gender" specific, but referring to that character as "they" all the time can be annoying.

Season : 7/10

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Having Brian and whatshisface side with AG to fuck over Chuck was retarded. Why would those two ideologues judge the AG to be the lesser of the two evils? Similar levels of dumb as Axe resorting to biological terrorism.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I felt Brian had a very good reason to side with Jock over Chuck, it wasn't Jock who shouted GET THE FUCK OUT in his face in front of the entire office.

Same with Dake, it was Chuck who fucked him over, not Jock.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Having Brian and whatshisface side with AG to fuck over Chuck was retarded. Why would those two ideologues judge the AG to be the lesser of the two evils? Similar levels of dumb as Axe resorting to biological terrorism.
I think the entire point of this episode is the #2 is exactly like the #1, they just think they're different but they aren't. Taylor and Connerty both use shady ways of becoming the 'boss' - despite trying to usually come from a moral high ground.

Strong season, I just wish they hadn't telegraphed the Taylor dismissal for so long, I guess they had to make her reason seem sound.

chances on Kim being a spy?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
None, Ben Kim will end up being Axe's scion going into next season, his new top earner, like a new taylor, but one who is now driven by not only a passion to succeed and please Axe, but the fact that he was almost comromised means he is going to go abovr and beyond to prove his loyalty.

Just doesnt make sense for him to be a spy, she already took MaFee. Ben Kim has to be the ying to that yang.

Solid season, kind of interesting the way shit ended with Chuck and Axe. Them teaming up now going forward, with Wendy there as a bulwark for the both of them, im actually very interested in season 4.

Only thing I dont really buy with this whole premise with Grigor, he seems like a brutal soviet era roots type of guy, but has that new age Russian oligarch worldview weaved in and seems to beam with not only pride, but excitement about getting rid of "rodents" (Taylor) and taunts Axe about how he had no "pest" control. So he obviously has disdain for Taylor's lifestyle and was willing to kill her/him just to have dirt on Axe and gain some leverage.

Then Axe says no, and all of the sudden he puts his morality aside and says oh well, im giving that pest all of my money, and Im throwing my lot in with Mase Cap. Oh and if you fuck with his/her operation, your fucking with me. Like what? It was solely to serve the plot and drive the narrative for next season, something that was a little too obvious. Grigor could of just said ok, you dont want her/him dead, im pulling my money and then leaves. Nope, he just has an instant change of heart and lets something he finds disgusting and detestable manage 6 billion dollars of his money. Sure.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Agree completely about Grigor, made no sense, would have never happened that way, goes against his own interests, was there solely as a plot device.

• 1Like

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
They're really trying to not make us unanimously root for the billionaire who has a questionable moral compass at this point. They realize they had to dial the asshole up 5 notches on Axe to make us question if he's the person we should be rooting for (the Walter White)

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
People rooted for either one of these assholes? I thought the show was about how power corrupts no matter what side you are on. Almost everyone is a detestable douches on this show.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
People rooted for either one of these assholes? I thought the show was about how power corrupts no matter what side you are on. Almost everyone is a detestable douches on this show.
Just about everyone on this show is a shitbag. How they interact is pretty entertaining though so it works out.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider

Up until the last episode or two I think Brian Connity was still a good guy but now they even threw him into the gutter.

• 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Before this season I felt Wendy and Brian were decent people. But that's over now. I would say Mafee and Kim are the only non shitty ones left out of people that have lines.