Billions

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Show is mostly good. It's pretty over the top at a lot of points and some of the characters are absurd, but most of the major characters are very engaging.
I’m halfway through season 4 and I can see where it’s getting ridiculous. The BDSM narrative was funny and now is just become too much. Chuck piercing his own nipple with a safety pin and wearing rubber bands on his thigh is a bit over the top. But still enjoying the show. Axe and Chuck being friendly is a compelling storyline.

Animosity

Now do I watch it weekly or wait for the season to finish and binge the rest..

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
This show can be so @!#% silly at times.

Tonight's episode non spoiler spoiler... look for an appearance from Chucks daughter (?) in which we haven't seen since season 1 during a painfully long breakfast scene.

I guess the kids are just living upstairs all these years.

Other than that, the back and forth between Axe and everyone gets old after the 100th time.

But, I'm riding this horse till the end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Show is a fucking over-exaggerated circus with every character being some sort of a caricature. And yet, I still love it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It its prime this show was one of the best, but it is well past its sell-by date, glad they are wrapping it up.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It’s not being wrapped up. its renewed for another season.
Seriously? Fuck.

Also the ending of the last episode was telegraphed so fucking hard over the last season that it was the most boring thing to ever happen on this show.

• 1Solidarity

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Admire the going-down-with-the-ship mentality bros, I know that feel.

The fact that I resumed watching this is a testament to how bored I was during the lockdowns last year.

I truly believe that late-season Wendy Rhoades is one of the worst written TV characters of all time.

Animosity

I truly believe that late-season Wendy Rhoades is one of the worst written TV characters of all time.
Agreed. They ruined her character. The arc with her and Frank Grillo was so cringe and bad.

• 2Like

Animosity

This weeks episode definitely started killing the show for me. Going all in on the pandemic and setting up Wendy and Axe finally getting together.

• 1Barf

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'm ok with them using the pandemic, it's an actual thing they had to deal with during filming, lockdowns affected financial markets significantly, and the show relied heavily on the incidents of 9/11 and the fallout thereof previously, so it would be weird not to incorporate corona if they are going for present-day realism.

The Axe/Wendy thing I hate though. A large part of the appeal of this show for me was the simple fact that you could have a man and a woman working together without zomg FALLING IN LOVE. It's manufactured, it's distracting, and the interpersonal relationship stuff is the weakest point of the series. I guess since hollywood studios are rife with sexual harrasment they forget that you actually can, somehow, work with someone without wanting to fuck them 24/7.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Last episode was pretty bad. Wags is still the best part of the show.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am glad the next episode is the last. It's the last, right?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am glad the next episode is the last. It's the last, right?

I'm glad I got off this train after the end of last season.

Shit was getting too ridiculous. Homeland and Weeds had the same problem.

• 1Like