Bioware's "Anthem"

spronk

FPS noob
if you bought a physical copy you can trade into gamestop for $30 ($36-39 if you trade towards sekiro 2 or division or days gone) until 3/24. i dumped my copy friday, i got it as a gift from a well meaning relative but the game sucks so bad. i finished at level 20 and just quit, couldn't bother to even get to 30 to "grind" meaningless gear. total waste of time, i doubt i'd ever play this game again even if they claim to fix stuff because you have to be a shitty dev to release such a broken and bad game.

division 2 is so much better its actually hilarious how close apart they released, reminds me of when battleborn released right before Overwatch

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Wonder if Casey knows no one cares any longer and are playing Div 2.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The aggravating/frustrating thing about Anthem is that the bones of a good/great game is there, behind the broken math, the shit UI, constant load screens, the poorly paced story, etc, etc, etc, etc. Its the crippling effect of a thousand poor decisions. The gameplay is enjoyable I really enjoy shooting things, running over things with my shield as a Colossus, etc. ; Bioware managed to miss (from "just" to "massively") on almost every thing else.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The aggravating/frustrating thing about Anthem is that the bones of a good/great game is there, behind the broken math, the shit UI, constant load screens, the poorly paced story, etc, etc, etc, etc. Its the crippling effect of a thousand poor decisions. The gameplay is enjoyable I really enjoy shooting things, running over things with my shield as a Colossus, etc. ; Bioware managed to miss (from "just" to "massively") on almost every thing else.

Yeah too bad in order to get to the enjoyable bits you have to wade through 5 min of loading screens and other shit like the retarded town. Then the best part, you load in to a broken mission or stronghold, you have to wait another 5 min to hopefully get another not buggy one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider

We launched a game that so many of you tell us is really fun at its core, but we also had a degree of issues that did not reveal themselves until we were operating at the scale of millions of players.

Fuck this guy. This is such a load of shit. They needed millions of people playing to figure out fundamental game systems flat out don't work? Amateur hour shitshow up in here.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I fucking hate it when people launch a game that is crap at launch and then say "THIS IS WHERE THE FUN BEGINS!" after fixing bugs for 3 weeks and promising a bunch of content that isn''t in the game yet. Ummm, how about make it fun when I buy and first start playing the game?

• 1Like

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
13 pages of patch notes coming next patch.

And here's a list of stuff they covered during the livestream.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
As shitty as the launch was, they do seem to be understanding how much they've fucked up and are doing some decently quick turnaround (or just releasing stuff that should've been ingame from the start). Glad they did this quickly unlike how Bungie (Destiny 2) and Massive (Division 1) handled their launches and post-launches. Took months for the devs to fix shit or even acknowledge issues (or lack of content) for both of those games. I guess BioWare had recent history of other bad launches to look back at?

Sad that I even have to acknowledge the differences in how companies handle launches/post-launches of (terrible-at-the-time) games. All this money, time, and marketing (hype) and companies still launch duds (that are usually fixed later).

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
By quickly if you mean the first patch notes I have seen which label half the shit as investigating, sure?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Soo have the annouced what game, ruined Anthem for the (almost month) it was out before Div2 came an destroyed it?

Hosix

All labs matter!
By “shaping Anthem” I think the mean polishing a pile of shit.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Its to late for me, I'm playing Division 2 now and Apex added the new legend plus battle pass. On top of those I have Sekiro coming at the end of the week.

I don't have any time or much interest to even re-download Anthem now. To see "IF" they have fixed it.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Playing division and playing anthem I can see both could coexist pretty well. Anthem is a lot easier to just fire up for an hour and do some ironman shit and have some fast paced fun. Division 2 plays a lot more intensly I find I have to pay tons more attention when playing it so I don't get randomly murdered in a random NPC cross fire on the streets and also it takes a fair bit longer to go do missions. If I don't have a few hours to sit down at it I think I would lean towards playing anthem but on weekends where I have time to play division 2 just has a shit load more stuff to do.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
As shitty as the launch was, they do seem to be understanding how much they've fucked up and are doing some decently quick turnaround (or just releasing stuff that should've been ingame from the start). Glad they did this quickly unlike how Bungie (Destiny 2) and Massive (Division 1) handled their launches and post-launches. Took months for the devs to fix shit or even acknowledge issues (or lack of content) for both of those games. I guess BioWare had recent history of other bad launches to look back at?

Sad that I even have to acknowledge the differences in how companies handle launches/post-launches of (terrible-at-the-time) games. All this money, time, and marketing (hype) and companies still launch duds (that are usually fixed later).

Their last few patches have fixed the major game annoyance bugs I bumped into like the sound bug and the loot tweaking seems better. I am at least now getting some legendaries every couple play sessions instead of getting one in 100 or so hours played. So it feels like if you are doing the harder content you have a reasonable chance at getting reasonable upgrades. The loot scaling stuff has some weirdness that needs to get sorted out but they at least seem very willing to go back under the hood and fix shit at a good clip. I can neg them for the state the game launched in but their live team seems to be moving as fast as they can to sort shit out at a good clip.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I fucking hate it when people launch a game that is crap at launch and then say "THIS IS WHERE THE FUN BEGINS!" after fixing bugs for 3 weeks and promising a bunch of content that isn''t in the game yet. Ummm, how about make it fun when I buy and first start playing the game?

look this is a f2p indie game not some AAA from a big dev house, cut these fellas some slack