Bioware's "Anthem"

spronk

FPS noob
I think its just going on the assumption that many, many people inside Bioware had to have looked at mass effect andromeda and said "yup, thats good enough, ship it" which indicates quality standards at Bioware are extremely low so its nearly impossible for a bunch of incompetent people to put out something greater than them.

but yeah at this point there is zero evidence of what anthem is gonna be like, but its a pretty safe bet it will not be good. always happy to be surprised though, and EA loves to give out cheap/free looks at their shit so it'll be easy enough to figure it out 10 days before release.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
46a.gif

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i was never super into ME, so i didn't follow much of what happened with ME:A other than with the interest of watching a train crash, but i vaguely remember hearing that ME:A had a ton of developer turn-over mid game. anytime that happens, in any medium, things get overlooked and the final product suffers greatly. don't take this as being a bioware apologist, that's not my angle. what else has bioware done (outside of ME:A) that was sjw tripe? i know their track record has fallen into the ground at this point, but is that just because of the red/blue/green ending and ME:A?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The core concerns about SJW issues and Bioware is that their fans demanded shit like same-sex relationships for years and Bioware finally gave it to them and in an abundance, then the fans that weren't into the romance angles got upset. Also, the influence in the writing in their past 3 games or so suffer from some severe quality issues that seem to come from the same source of issues other media has been suffering from for years now: Shitty young writers who are more concerned with feelings and ideology rather than good story structure.

If anyone tries to say that Bioware has gone full-blown SJW: They're full of shit. But so are people that say there's none of it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

The core concerns about SJW issues and Bioware is that their fans demanded shit like same-sex relationships for years and Bioware finally gave it to them and in an abundance, then the fans that weren't into the romance angles got upset. Also, the influence in the writing in their past 3 games or so suffer from some severe quality issues that seem to come from the same source of issues other media has been suffering from for years now: Shitty young writers who are more concerned with feelings and ideology rather than good story structure.

If anyone tries to say that Bioware has gone full-blown SJW: They're full of shit. But so are people that say there's none of it.

thank you for a non-monolithic answer

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's important to note that Bioware attracts many Tumblristas and LGBTBBQ people due to how they've always focused on interpersonal storytelling while also including romance elements. This allows for a lot of fan-fiction and shipping which bred a core audience that focused more on those aspects than the gameplay itself. They lived mostly peacefully with the rest of the fanbase up until the last 4 years or so where social media brought on social justice outrage/excessive influence, and they found they could bitch enough to get more of what they wanted and less of what other people wanted. Go look at forums/subs for most Bioware games and you'll see an inordinate amount of discussion about characters in comparison to gameplay.

It's very similar to the Whedon crowd and some other IP fangroups.

If anything, I'd say that Bioware has been surprisingly free of SJW designs relative to their fanbase.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

yeah, i wouldn't even really say that there's an extremely large fanbase that is interested in that stuff, just that the ones that have become vocal in the last few years, have been EXTREMELY vocal. but i'd say that about the movement in general. i mean, something like 5% of the population is trans. and only a small number of trans people are up in arms about it.

anyway, moving on.

• 1Picard

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ME:A was a massive technical disaster with unfun gameplay. But it also most definitely was overrun with the mind virus. Bioware went from well written gay characters (Zevran in DA:O), great dialog, and interesting relationship threads (Thane in ME2, Morrigan and Leliana in DA:O, even the slave elf dude in DA2), to over the top in your face virtue signaling so fast it made your head spin. Combine it with a shit story that made ZERO sense, and it made everyone forget about the three cupcake ending of ME3.

Anthem is just another boring MMO shooter, so the story writing won't affect it much. But the massive fuckups that went into the MA:A MP compared to the ME3 play that preceded it would worry me if I had any desire to throw money at another Bioware title.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
yeah, i wouldn't even really say that there's an extremely large fanbase that is interested in that stuff, just that the ones that have become vocal in the last few years, have been EXTREMELY vocal. but i'd say that about the movement in general. i mean, something like 5% of the population is trans. and only a small number of trans people are up in arms about it.

anyway, moving on.

What?

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

there are not 16 fucking million trans people in the country.
well first, you can calm down.

second, you just continued to prove my point. i looked it up, it's estimated at 0.6% which makes them an even LOUDER vocal minority. the 5% that i was thinking is the LGBT community as a whole

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The answer is fairly simple. The people make the place and the talent are those people. BioWare doesn’t have that talent any longer. They all jumped the impending titanic.

That goes for everyone and every company outside of games as well obviously.

I really miss the BioWare of old because that was a Dev house that was FULL of talent and put out some of the best games I have ever played.

Good news is, we will still get those games because those folks are at new companies. Naughty Dog is damn near BioWare 2 because a lot of the talent went there. HZD was designed by a lot of ex BioWare. None of the story talent and writers are with BioWare any longer, and spread out among studios. We will continue to see great games out of those folks.

We will never see another good game come from this label again - because talent breeds more talent from within and the cucks there now are learning from the worst of the worst and their mindset is 100% not in it for the right reasons.

• 1Solidarity

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Okay, first things first. Red/Blue/Green endings were at the end of ME3, not ME:A. Secondly, there were trans people coming out of the woodwork in ME:A.

Thirdly, there were the Asari -- They all used to be female. Check the codices, if you don't believe me. In ME:A -- They swapped them all to be this trans - race, using different pronouns and shit. Damn surprised they didn't use Xer.

I mean, it's a shit show from start to finish.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Okay, first things first. Red/Blue/Green endings were at the end of ME3, not ME:A. Secondly, there were trans people coming out of the woodwork in ME:A.

One is not "coming out of the woodwork."

Thirdly, there were the Asari -- They all used to be female. Check the codices, if you don't believe me. In ME:A -- They swapped them all to be this trans - race, using different pronouns and shit. Damn surprised they didn't use Xer.

I mean, it's a shit show from start to finish.

They aren't trans even with the retcon. They're an asexual species that see gender as a thing for some retarded reason.

If you want to bitch about the quality of the writing (the nonexistent quality that is) then by all means, I'll join you. But don't act like it was a cavalcade of bouncing dicks accented by fake tits and mustard leaking dilations.

Bioware is doing some very stupid fucking things as of late and they need to be called out on it. What isn't needed is those complaints getting drowned out by low-effort outrage from people who can't string together a coherent addressable complaint.

A trans character isn't an issue. A crappily written trans character is.
A retcon isn't an issue. A pointless nonsensical retcon is.
A new Mass Effect setting isn't an issue. A new Mass Effect setting that is the exact same as the old one but in a different galaxy is.
Etc...

• 2Like
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The answer is fairly simple. The people make the place and the talent are those people. BioWare doesn’t have that talent any longer. They all jumped the impending titanic.

Unless it's Rockstar, a fan of video games should never really "follow" the company/label. Video game studios are continuous sinking ships.

There is nothing "Bioware" about the current iteration. Surprised it took Andromeda for some people to finally realize that. Other than those trannies, not even God can save them.

• 1Like