Bioware's "Anthem"

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
lol anyone who buys this crap a second time deserves to get ripped off for the rest of their life, how many more warning signs do you need of how bad and money grubbing bioware and ea are. I'm sure it'll also be more loaded with cash shop items to make up for development.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It kinda makes me want to fire it up before they fuck it up even worse. I enjoy the weight and flying around now, that'll be the one thing they break, watch.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Basically says requires more work to fix than a regular update or expansion can provide(entire games have been changed with an expansion but I guess the game is really too fucked for even that), so on to maintenance mode, and they totally will give the team more time to test and iterate focusing on gameplay first this time!
:emoji_smirk:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I have always enjoyed the combat ad flying in the game, sadly that was pretty much the only thing fun.

If somehow they rework it into something fun with decent end game progression I'll check it out as long as it doesn't cost me money. I bought the game already, and I don't have faith in them to spend more on it. If I can play it with the original purchase then I don't see why I wouldn't give it a try...but expectations are way way low.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I never bought it, I just signed up for their monthly BS thing they had going. Canceled 2 months later after enjoying some EA shit like Anthem, Battlefront 2 , Battlefield 4, 1, 5, etc... Why would anyone buy any game from EA now that they have the monthly thing going.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Complete game rework confirmed - Anthem Update

Complete morons - anything attached to this game going forward will have a monumental asterisk and the "brand" is forever tainted to the average gamer-bro.

Take the very few things this game did well and start a new franchise, name it something completely different and spend the time fleshing out your ideas. Nobody, and I mean nobody is pining for Anthem 2.0.... and this is coming from somebody who actually enjoyed this game way longer than I should have. 95% of this game was pure dogshit, but the 5% that worked, worked exceptionally well.

That message was like a letter to his CEO as much as it was a letter to the gamer

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nahh, if they fix it and its good, people will come back. Yeah there will be memes, yeah people will make fun, but they will come back if the word of mouth is good.

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nahh, if they fix it and its good, people will come back. Yeah there will be memes, yeah people will make fun, but they will come back if the word of mouth is good.
giphy.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here's hoping they fuck it up even worse. Typically I'd hope for the best, but I'm tired of the people who control these fucking studios. We don't need another mediocre redemption story; they need the guillotine.

• 1Like

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
You all laughed at me when I said I bought 2 copies, but now I can enjoy Anthem next on my PC OR ps4!

• 1Rimshot
  • 1Weird Boner

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If FF14 can do it, Anthem can do it.

Do I trust Bioware as much as embarrassed Japanese devs? No. Maybe if Casey Hudson had to perform seppuku if the second version failed too...

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I've said it for years.. What we need is another video game crash like we had in the 80's. Need to have indie dev's come up again and start making actual fun fucking games.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There's more fun indie games available than any other time in history. Stop buying this mass-market bullshit.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
If they had combined the good shit from Anthem and replaced the bad shit in Mass Effect : Andromeda with it, I might have a completely different take on BioWare right now. I still enjoy the Dragon Age franchise and always have, but that’s about it...
If I were putting money on this, I’d say they’re going to spend a retarded amount of time and money just getting this game to be somewhat enjoyable and playable by a very niche (but less niche than its current) group and it will see a slight resurgence simply because it might become only 75% dogshit instead of the 95% dogshit it currently is. There’s going to be fuck ups, again, when it comes to balancing out the end game and the progression loop and the gear systems and it’s going to frustrate the people giving them another shot who came back and probably dropped even more money after buying into their bullshit promises and lots will quit again and maybe Anthem will die for good then. Idk. I’m salty. I miss the good old days of ME2 and shit and I’m pissed with current gen tech I can’t get a good fucking ME type game from the studio who fucking invented it like ten years later...

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nahh, the game just needs ton of content. And getting rid of the stupid city thing they had going on. Give us a "hangar" like Destiny 2 tower. Have access to your inventory at all times. Open world needs to be more than 4 people. That would go a long way to fix it. Oh yeah, loading times, lol.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Itemisation system needs work too. But ill keep an eye put for the revamp. Like i posted earlier, i still play a mission or two now and then because its fun. But i cant binge it like other games because of all its issues.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
The game needs a whole lot more than one fix, no matter how large, to make it fun. Like Dom said, there're a ton of fun indie games out there.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I imagine the last week or so at EA went something like this... Investor call happens. EA says absolutely nothing about Anthem.

1. Evil Board Member_001 says, "What the fuck? What about that Anthem game we invested 6 years into developing? Isn't that those Bioware queers that made that one? What is the plan for surprise mechanics and micro-transactions?"
  2. Andrew Wilson goes to Ray Muzyka and says "Ray, you promised me a live service IP that would give us returns for the next 10 years. You know I like you and Bioware, but if you can't give me something out of Anthem, then you are done. We are closing the studio."
  3. Ray texts Casey Hudson "CASEY... WTF, EA IS GOING TO CLOSE THE STUDIO! Write up a bullshit plan and vision for Anthem FAST."
  4. Casey says, "Wait what? Did you say a plan for ANTHEM? We talked about this. We are putting all our eggs in the Dragon Age basket. I mean shit, it is Valentines day and we forgot to even take down the Christmas holiday decorations, lol... but seriously, there is nothing we can do to save Anthem. It's gone man."
  5. Ray, "If its gone, then we are gone. We have to resurrect Anthem and milk people with micro-transactions for the next 10 years."
  6. Casey, "fuuuuccccckkkk... ok, shit... I'm on it. I been here before, I got this: Anthem Update "
  7. Ray, "Casey, you used a lot of words to say absolutely nothing..."
  8. Casey, "lol, I know, right? I told you I'm good at this."
  9. Ray, "Ok, nice work. Those idiots on the board will have to give us a least another year and we will have Dragon Age on the verge of launching by then."
  10. Andrew Wilson, "Hey Ray & Casey, nice work. I love your detailed vision and plan for a live-service Anthem universe. Now boys, it is time to talk stock-options."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users