Bioware's "Anthem"

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

I'll buy Anthem 2.0 if it turns out to be a good game with meaningful progression and a fun gameplay loop.

spronk

FPS noob
I'll buy Anthem 2.0 if it turns out to be a good game with meaningful progression and a fun gameplay loop.

When the sun rises in the West and sets in the East. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quakens again, and you bear a living child. Then EA will make a good game, and not before.

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
and you all laughed at me for buying Anthem twice. Anthem is back baby!!!!!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looking forward to this. I hope they don't change the feel of flying around too much. Being able to Iron Man around was really cool and would like more of that. If they can add some depth to it to be anything like Destiny at all, it'll be a really cool looter/shooter to come back to every once in a while when they patch in a new raid or update.

• 1Like
  • 1Cringe

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

You would buy my shit after a drunk gaming weekend if I knuckled down and squirted my left ass cheek into a Fallout 76 box.

• 2Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I just preordered anthem 2.0 for every lgbtq++ flag in that collage.

• 3Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I own the game and enjoyed parts of it, without going into details, I thought the mechanics were fairly good, stuff like flying around, the feel of the different Javelins, the shooting and abilities were good. What wasn't good was the gameplay loops, loot and overall anything you did at the end game.

I had forgotten about the game, forgotten they were doing a 2.0, and the announcement doesn't really excite me. The most it manage to get from me was "I own the game, and enjoyed it, so I have nothing to lose trying 2.0 when it comes out" but honestly not excited about it, and very little faith that they can actually turn it into a good game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I will try anthem 2.0 when they get it out there. The core flying/fighting/shooting mechanics were great. Thats usually the hard part to get right so if they can get progression/story/gear mechanics working in a satisfying way it should be a great game. I played the shit out of all the various strong holds and they were all enjoyable. They also nailed how each suit feels very different in play and demands different game styles.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yup, the light suit felt like a ninja, while the big one felt like a true tank, the other two were both different too and they all felt great to fly and shoot with. I agree the combat in a game is tough to get right and they did have some good bones there.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup, the light suit felt like a ninja, while the big one felt like a true tank, the other two were both different too and they all felt great to fly and shoot with. I agree the combat in a game is tough to get right and they did have some good bones there.

I think the fact that the core game play was so fun is why I got angry with this game because most of the things that failed seemed to be them intentionally not looking at how other games hit rocks at end game with looter shooters and just hit all the same fucking mistakes all the initial looters did in basically the same way. LIke the luck stat a number of games have tried it and it always winds up being so problematic it has to be removed.

Fadaar

That guy

I liked the caster one the most.... Storm I think was the name? I'll totally give this another look if the rebirth is done properly a la No Man's Sky or FF14.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean if you already own it there's no reason not to give their revamp a try, but nothing could get me to ever buy another Bioware game at this point.

• 2Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Definitely looks like an improvement. If only they'd spent time completing it in the first place before serving it only 1/4 cooked. I own anthem on two platforms so assuming I get the update for free I'll try it out. Guess it won't come out until 2022 at the earliest though since they probably only have 2 devs working on it.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'll happily buy Anthem 2 six months after release when it's $7.99. Those fuckers aren't getting all of my hard earned shekels with another half cooked release.