Bioware's "Anthem"

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So sounds like the Xbox version is bugged and not working for now. Downloaded PC. Logged in. Talked to some guy. Launch mission. Locked at 95% loading screen.

I’ll try more tomorrow or tonight when my wife falls asleep.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yup. unfortunately that's another one of the issues that you just have to alt-f4 out of. i've had MUCH more consistent luck getting through by setting the game mode to private.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I was ablt to play the first mission with a 4 man group and it was pretty fun. Not mind blowing or anything but still fun.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got in finally but rubberbanding like a motherfucker.

Ya, there are a fuckton of connectivity issues. In the three hours I've played I've had to alt+f4 out of the game 5 times.

Just tried (and finished) my first mission on Hard; it went well. Had a few guys get downed, but we completed it on the first run. Nothing impressive, but the step up from normal was noticeable.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Apparently they didn't get enough servers for the amount of players.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The more I play the more I'm liking this game. hit 14 and have full blue gear and it's a little easier.

spronk

FPS noob
the biggest thing i can think about Anthem is that man, it would be so fucking sweet to have a full Iron Man game ala Batman and Spider-Man

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
We were pretty lucky with connections. Still had moments of CTD and rubber banding, so it felt like most beta/launches. They should have had their shit together like nearly every studio...

That said, the game play is way better than I thought it would be. I will get my money's worth out of buying it. Hope they stabilize the servers so y'all can check it out.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I expect Anthem to bomb just like Destiny bombed, I only need a month or so out of it anyways.

Destiny 2 had the chance to be something amazing, especially after learning their mistakes from the original and they just did the same shit.

Destiny didn't bomb, there is a reason Bungie drop 350 million to buy the franchise and take it private. Just because a game doesn't generate 300 mil a year and 5% a quarter growth doesn't mean it's a bomb. Peoples expectations have been warped by modern wall street/banker memes.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Still trying to log into this son of a bitch and drunk! Wife fell asleep.

So. Let's sing bye bye to this shit studio who turned into hell and a hand basket.

Let me take the time to dedicate this to my wife who you don't know whoohoo!

These guys fucking rock, a lot better than this steaming pile of shit.

Merry Christmas. Fuck Blizzard. See ya tomorrow! (Hey @Dom whatdya think of that one baby)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok now honestly, I can kill two birds with one stone with this one.

1) My wife rocks. here ya go baby. (Doesn't know this site exists - I am talking to myself)

2) Bioware employees (with talent) this is for you too.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Oh and this is for the Montreal fucks that screwed this company from 2015.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Thought to myself 'Hey it's 5AM Eastern, it's probably a good time to try playing'.

NOPE. Tried to launch the mission and back to infinite loading screen. As a Beta this is probably very informative for them as their architecture does not scale for shit. It was promoted as a Demo and specifically NOT a Beta because the game was 'done'.

They fucked up

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This piece of shit launches in 3 weeks for early access for those dumb fucks dumb enough to buy into it.

Now think, can you imagine the rest of the fucking game? (Character control even when I was walking around was floaty as FUCK, and completely laggy with KBM on my system.)

Now, may be my system. i2500k oc 4.5. 8 gb ram. 1070gtx.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The first mission has loading screens in the middle of the mission...are you fucking kidding me with this shit??

• 1Like