Bioware's "Anthem"

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Like what ive seen so far - my favorite parts of Destiny are running around with a sword in 3rd person - Plus im admittedly interested in a Destiny thats not Destiny - perhaps its bc i have friends at Bioware but i have no hatred for them outside of what they did to ME with that abortion.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I trust these idiots about as much as I trust Randy Pitchford.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I think the no PVP thing sounds interesting at first but I guarantee this is what would happen: game sales don't meet expectations, twitch streamers dump the game since no PVP, EA directs the team to jam in PVP ASAP, and then everything about the game gets fucked up badly when they shovel in a half assed Battle Royale implementation that breaks balance completely for PVE.

You really just can't do a GAAS game without PVP, EA wants this to be a GAAS game, it doesn't take a Kwisatz Haderach to predict the upcoming trainwreck. I guess its just gonna be more ammo for why EA "regretfully has to shutter Bioware".

FTFY.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The market is getting saturated with PvP/battle royale game modes. I'm totally cool with just focusing on pve. Destiny is a GREAT game that falls apart pretty quickly once the dust settles for various reasons. I'm okay with a company that has always tried to hamfist stories into their games, try to hamfist a better story into destiny.

spronk

FPS noob

doesn't answer the most important question: did the dev team restart from scratch 18 months before launch

the world does sound a LOT like the xenoverse world tho

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am

Three things so far... Very Destiny-esque. Very looter-shooter. Very bullet spongey. And the video is barely halfway done.

Time to plaster on a shit eating grin and plow through the rest of this shit.

"It's a real contender for the MMORPG market, like Destiny, The Division,"

"MMO lite."

Heh.

/facepalm.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I always love seeing "COMBO" on monsters as I kill them, ya know I never want too see the fucking monster's reaction too it, who the fuck is there combat designer so I can ruin his fucking day..

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Three things so far... Very Destiny-esque. Very looter-shooter. Very bullet spongey. And the video is barely halfway done.

Time to plaster on a shit eating grin and plow through the rest of this shit.

"It's a real contender for the MMORPG market, like Destiny, The Division,"

"MMO lite."

Heh.

/facepalm.

I would add that bullet spoongey probably makes more sense when people are in power armor shooting monsters and what not than it does in something like the division. Still that sounds like basically exactly what most people were expecting it to be from the initial clip.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I would add that bullet spoongey probably makes more sense when people are in power armor shooting monsters and what not than it does in something like the division. Still that sounds like basically exactly what most people were expecting it to be from the initial clip.

Bullet Spongeyness is the Destiny complaint too? Higher difficulty? ENJOY SPENDING 45 minutes shooting this fucker.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The world looks incredible, and the gameplay looks okay. More like The Division than Destiny.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
The harder I look at Destiny and The Division, the more and more similar the games appear.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So I guess Bioware can't say "We fucked up, and failed cause of it"...

What fucking morons..

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
*sigh* Bleh. "It's everybody else's fault that we fucked up." -- The rallying cry of the SJW.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
If they can't man up too there own disaster honestly, fuck'em. They had a great thing going with ME(3 got better with the DLC), them literally just dumping Andromeda off on there Intern's, and blaming everyone else except themselves.. hah find the nearest bridge and jump Bioware...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If they can't man up too there own disaster honestly, fuck'em. They had a great thing going with ME(3 got better with the DLC), them literally just dumping Andromeda off on there Intern's, and blaming everyone else except themselves.. hah find the nearest bridge and jump Bioware...
Andromeda was a whole separate studio, not interns.