Bioware's "Anthem"

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

The loading rant is spot on, mine aren’t nearly as bad as his since m.2 but yeah it’s dumb and you can defend it all you want.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
The main problem for me is that the game is just worse than warframe in almost every way. It's kind of unfair to judge a brand new game against something which has been out for 6 years but since I've played warframe so much it's hard not to make direct comparisons. Anthem does look good and on that front it definitely beats Warframe. Based on what I've seen there could be something good there in the range and power of loot you can get. If I hadn't had such game breaking bugs I'd probably be further along in the game and able to experience that myself. I gave up on the game for a few days because I have the K+M losing control randomly bug, which happens a dozen times or more per mission.. But yesterday I started playing with an xbone controller on my PC and that has improved it quite a lot.
I already cancelled my origin premier in a fit of rage at the controls bug. I've got some time for the game to grow on me and maybe ill add another month or buy the game if my perception changes.

I enjoyed my time with Warframe, but it's not a game I can binge simply due to the endless time gate requirements even when progressing through story. I think I spent $200 just so I could do what I wanted with my time when playing which is annoying.

I'll probably still give Anthem up once my month has expired and jump to Division 2 and if that is butt then move on elsewhere.

-

Compared to console the load times are amazing. Still somewhat long, but I'm averaging around 20-30 seconds from missions start to load in which is tolerable with an SSD and bigly internet speeds.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Since patch, you get a guaranteed Masterwork drop from Stronghold Boss, Hard = Weapon, GM1+ = All types I believe. At least in GM1+ Contracts/Missions we were getting MW drops at the end, including any that dropped off mobs.

GM1 feels better, some tuning has been done. GM2 without full MW on everyone takes too long to be worth it just now IMO.

Been having fun trying out different MW load outs to find the right feel and synergy.

Keep in mind that they have a road map with steady updates, yes all of that stuff should have been in launch, but it is something. We'll see if their Live Team can turn it around for Vanguard.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'll just leave this here.

anthem-fist.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
freakshow.png

My buddy has this, says it hits like a truck or rather 400 trucks...

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You're playing this Utnayan Utnayan ? I thought you detested Bioware. Why the choice to support them?

I always said I would be playing the 10 hour trial on ea access after the patches. I’m not buying this. And after the first three hours I was bored to tears already.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
You know your game is a real winner when you have to alt-f4 because you get stuck at various screens. Got up after a contract to let the dogs out, came back to it finishing tallying up xp and then..nothing. sat there for 2+mins. Also i've noticed that when I start a mission its been putting me into the middle of someone elses mission instead of starting one fresh, this isn't using quickplay either.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider

The loading rant is spot on, mine aren’t nearly as bad as his since m.2 but yeah it’s dumb and you can defend it all you want.

I swear I'm getting longer load times on the SSD now, but meh, it's not 2-3 minutes of loading. More like 30-40 seconds of loading.

At 7:15 in this video he's complaining about getting the chests for the Path quest. He says that someone knicked the chest from the camp and rants about that. It's clear there's a harvest point for parts right where the chest is supposed to be. If there WAS a chest there, there'd be an opened chest (if someone got to it first). He fails to realise that chests and those nodes share the same spawn. Which means not all chest locations will actually be chests. It depends on how the map was populated when it loaded.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Anyone else get like this weird frame lock/stutter? idk how to explain it i have a constant 60-80 fps but like if i start moving a certain direction my character gets locked in that direction for like 2-5 seconds, or when i turn / aim with the mouse same thing itl like stutter/freeze where i cant make any movements until it like fixes itself.

So far i tried turning everything to low, changed some of the mouse settings and tried full screen/windowed, what i dont understand is this didnt happen at all in the opening scene and the graphics were set on high

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Anyone else get like this weird frame lock/stutter? idk how to explain it i have a constant 60-80 fps but like if i start moving a certain direction my character gets locked in that direction for like 2-5 seconds, or when i turn / aim with the mouse same thing itl like stutter/freeze where i cant make any movements until it like fixes itself.

So far i tried turning everything to low, changed some of the mouse settings and tried full screen/windowed, what i dont understand is this didnt happen at all in the opening scene and the graphics were set on high

When I first load into Tarsis and turn it hangs for 1-2 secs but only then.

Also as someone mentioned my SSD load times are pretty high and it’s only in Anthem and take gotten worse since whatever recent patch they did. Can be anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 min.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
When I first load into Tarsis and turn it hangs for 1-2 secs but only then.

Also as someone mentioned my SSD load times are pretty high and it’s only in Anthem and take gotten worse since whatever recent patch they did. Can be anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 min.

So the lvl 18 gun we got as a reward was that like one time use or something? i used it logged off and now its gone the rest of the stuff is there

also its not so much a loading time issue or anything its just this weird stutter/lock up ill have to record some gameplay and catch it

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Not sure anyone is defending the load times or the number of loading screens, at best they (me included) that load times on SSD aren't bad. That vid is dumb, at the start he says "Oh hey, they patched the stuff I'm mainly going to rant about such that they are not as big of (load times), or not an issue at all (tomb quest), but I'm going to post it anyway!"... sad. I get that he wanted to express his angeeeeeer at the load times/number of loading screens and that quest, but come on... lol.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the lvl 18 gun we got as a reward was that like one time use or something? i used it logged off and now its gone the rest of the stuff is there

also its not so much a loading time issue or anything its just this weird stutter/lock up ill have to record some gameplay and catch it
The free legendary items you get (weapons at least, and if I recall the Gear) will disappear if you load into the Launch Bay, they should still be around if you use the Forge inside Tarsis itself.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since patch, you get a guaranteed Masterwork drop from Stronghold Boss, Hard = Weapon, GM1+ = All types I believe. At least in GM1+ Contracts/Missions we were getting MW drops at the end, including any that dropped off mobs.

GM1 feels better, some tuning has been done. GM2 without full MW on everyone takes too long to be worth it just now IMO.

Been having fun trying out different MW load outs to find the right feel and synergy.

Keep in mind that they have a road map with steady updates, yes all of that stuff should have been in launch, but it is something. We'll see if their Live Team can turn it around for Vanguard.
You got lucky with the GM1 Contract dropping / rewarding a Masterwork, they do not guarantee them even now. If you did the Legendary daily contract(s), then yes, they will give you at least 1 MW as a reward. I've done six normal contracts at Gm1, and had no MW drops/rewards.

They will have a more detailed roadmap out soon, but one thing I noticed in the dev stream is that the Act content will be rolled out over 90 days instead of all at once as some people were hoping.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Traditionally hard drive speed is the main contributor to long load times but as I monitor disk IO during the loading the hard drive activity is a very small part of the long load time (20% at most) Something else is contributing. Most likely server side matching syncing/creating the instance etc.

• 1Like

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
The free legendary items you get (weapons at least, and if I recall the Gear) will disappear if you load into the Launch Bay, they should still be around if you use the Forge inside Tarsis itself.

yeah it popped back up, still cant figure out this weird ass stutter / lag / lockup issue i got going on my frames dont dip under 60 i keep trying random settings thinking something is just off

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah it popped back up, still cant figure out this weird ass stutter / lag / lockup issue i got going on my frames dont dip under 60 i keep trying random settings thinking something is just off

yeah me too. it's kind of irritating. one mission it'll be moving along fine without any issues, then the very next mission i can barely move without it getting all choppy. i've mssed around with settings and, like you it seems, i can't seem to find any kind of continuously stable gameplay.

that being said, i'm really enjoying it. it's what i expected and i'm happy with it. that might change down the line but for now it's got my interest. to everyone comparing this to warframe... i get that it's an easy comparison, but i think there's plenty of reasons to play this instead. the two most important are aesthetics and no stupid time gate. i CANNOT STAND how warframe looks. it's just weird and i can't relate to anything on the screen. also, if i want to make a piece of gear i don't have to wait 7 days.

it's been said a few times but the devs really seem to be open with what's going on. they also seem open to feedback, but it's still early so it's hard to tell. i'm not looking at these guys like they had anything to do with any other game i've played in the past, most of these people i've never heard of so as far as i'm concerned it's just some new company. i have a healthy dose of skepticism just because they are owned by EA but from what i've seen over the past few days, there seems to be a healthy trickle of coins coming in just from playing the game to buy whatever microtransactions you want.

but again... time will tell

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Traditionally hard drive speed is the main contributor to long load times but as I monitor disk IO during the loading the hard drive activity is a very small part of the long load time (20% at most) Something else is contributing. Most likely server side matching syncing/creating the instance etc.

Probably server stuff but it also could be doing some weird repeated shader caching or something. It wouldn't make much sense to do it like that but... well, that wouldn't be too far fetched in this case.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm a 20+ year veteran of FoH yet there are MAYBE two dozen names that stand out to me and you're one of them because you have a well-documented history of just complaining about everyfuckingthing.
This is sad. No one knows or cares who you are, or who you think you are.

• 1Like