Bioware's "Anthem"

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
These are usually pretty good.

Let's run through memory lane.

Character Creator: "Yes" Haha whatever.

Oh Jesus listen to this and then compare it to the game that came out.

"You will have an apartment to live in"

Haha wow.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Let's run through memory lane.

Character Creator: "Yes" Haha whatever.

Oh Jesus listen to this and then compare it to the game that came out.

"You will have an apartment to live in"

Haha wow.
Someone really needs to make a gif of the character options for males. I challenge you to find a single portrait out of the ~30 available that couldn't be labeled "hipster twink"

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think the loading thing is pretty uch a frostbite thing, as I seem to remember pretty much all Dice games with huge load times. BF3 BF4 BF1 BF5 and SW all suffering from huge load times. The only thin is that those shooters basically load in a single map, and youre done for the entire match, in this game you have load screens to enter forge, etc...

I mean shit, Destiny 2 has huge loading times, but they mask it with being able to acess yoru character sheet while loading, so you can look at all of your shit and delete the blues from your last mission/strike, whatever.I remember at launch it would sometimes take upwards of 3-5 min to load in the Tower, but that was more of a matchmaking problem, but nevertheless, youre still "loading" for 3-5 min.

I pretty much think this game would profit from getting rid of the stupid fort tarsis after you complete the campaign. Have you load into that hangar place after missions and you should be able to acecss all contracts/missions/strongholds from the map menu. Have the NPCs talk to you over comms, like they do during missions anyways. Why do I have to walk at a snail pace in 1st person view to get my contract? Dont I have comms? Why does the future society need pin up boards to post contracts? dont I have a computer somewhere to receive them via email??

• 2Like

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Why does this game have a character creator when you never see your character outside of the javelin?
Way to many loading screens.
The social zone (launch bay???) is a waste of time. Why go in here?
What is the point of these random npc conversations?
I still want to walk faster in the fort or actually give a very noticeable run feature.
The menu UI is horrid and should be redesigned.
There should be a way to silence/mute another persons mic in your group.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, if you see your game will have long loading times, then do some designing around it?

Stronghold done? -> Press F1 to matchmake into the next one
Contract done? -> Press F1 to radio in for the next one (even in public freeplay, even if that means putting 3 more people into the instance, lol @ 4 player limit)
Legendary drop? -> Open Inventory, equipt

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the loading thing is pretty uch a frostbite thing, as I seem to remember pretty much all Dice games with huge load times. BF3 BF4 BF1 BF5 and SW all suffering from huge load times. The only thin is that those shooters basically load in a single map, and youre done for the entire match, in this game you have load screens to enter forge, etc...

I mean shit, Destiny 2 has huge loading times, but they mask it with being able to acess yoru character sheet while loading, so you can look at all of your shit and delete the blues from your last mission/strike, whatever.I remember at launch it would sometimes take upwards of 3-5 min to load in the Tower, but that was more of a matchmaking problem, but nevertheless, youre still "loading" for 3-5 min.

I pretty much think this game would profit from getting rid of the stupid fort tarsis after you complete the campaign. Have you load into that hangar place after missions and you should be able to acecss all contracts/missions/strongholds from the map menu. Have the NPCs talk to you over comms, like they do during missions anyways. Why do I have to walk at a snail pace in 1st person view to get my contract? Dont I have comms? Why does the future society need pin up boards to post contracts? dont I have a computer somewhere to receive them via email??

Hell they added "space ships" in destiny 1 and 2 to mask giant fucking loading screens and allow you to wiggle a bit to make you feel like you are doing something other than loading.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why does this game have a character creator when you never see your character outside of the javelin?
I still want to walk faster in the fort or actually give a very noticeable run feature.

They enabled the sprint option which seemed very reasonably speed wise moving through the fort last night.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Hell they added "space ships" in destiny 1 and 2 to mask giant fucking loading screens and allow you to wiggle a bit to make you feel like you are doing something other than loading.

Warframe has the wiggling ship loading screens as well and it's surprisingly effective to diminish the annoyance of loading (not that WF's is long at all) and is a clever bit of gameplay design, which explains why it isn't in this.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Wait picking a picture portrait is a character creator? :p Maybe I missed something.

And yeah that launch bay. Talk about something that serves ZERO purpose aside from "Hey guys Destiny has a social hub we should make a launch bay so you can see other people walking around for no reason"

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Yeah but last time I entered a CAVE, I wasn't treated to flying ships or a screen shot... I was just able, to you know, enter the cave.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
ITs almost as if this game was entirely different at some point and they just decided to keep the fort tarssis thing in game, while another entirely different game was being made (the whole combat, mission, stronghold game.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah but last time I entered a CAVE, I wasn't treated to flying ships or a screen shot... I was just able, to you know, enter the cave.
Yeah but the entire world IS seamless other than the caves, and the world is pretty big considering. and those are pretty minuscule load times to enter caves. Its the other shit that takes a while, matchmaking and loading missions and contracts, forge, etc...

Maybe thats why the load times are so bad, every time you do a mission or whatever it needs to load the entire fucking world every time.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
In fact, I just did loot that sniper rifle as a MW rofl
Meh, I scored a legendary sniper last night and its trait is it freezes enemies with 5 quick shots(its a full auto quick shooting one) and that thing is OP as fuck.

In fact, I just looted it as MW - Siege Breaker? Blue Sniper Rifle? Seems pretty good, compared to my LMG though it's damage isn't great.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Meanwhile, the Bioware Programming and Development Theme Song.

• 1Worf

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still 'he said, she said' though. He says EA told him to take it down and remove the disclosures (watermarks, etc.) because they didn't want that sort of content with the EA logo on it. EA says he didn't disclose enough and they don't police the content even if it's negative. People who saw the original video have said that he had the same disclosures and watermarks that every other Game Changers video does.

Considering GC supposedly pays a lot better than normal YT ad revenue, I find it a bit hard to believe that he wouldn't have just fixed disclosures when he reuploaded it, rather than removing all reference to being an EA partner at all if that's all they really told him to do.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Some mini event going on but hard to find the mobs bc events not marked on map - derp, and no way to let ppl know to come to you - further derp - if only you had more than 4 ppl in this stupid game to play with!

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah thats one thing thats retarded, such a huge world and only 4 people in freeplay.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah but imagine the console load times if they allowed eight players.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like