Bioware's "Anthem"

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Why? You get a 15-20 hour campaign, by the time youre 30 you have about 30 hours in. and thats not even touching GM1 or the other 3 javs, which play entirely different. And this game playes entirely different when you actually compile some masterwork shit. Yeah content is lacking in end game, but this is well worth the $60. When its not worth it is when you have this idea that this is some single player bioware masterpiece like SW KOTOR. But if you like looter shooters like I do, this is well worth it. I know content is coming, and if its not, well I got my 80+ hours out of it and have no regrets. Depends what you like, we all like different shit, bro. this is why we have 100s of games to choose from every year to suite our needs.

Yeah I am different in the fact that I look to effort. Just because it is a looter shooter should not excuse:

1) The loot issues in the high end when all they had to do was learn from the last 4 of them who all made the same mistakes.

2) The massive amount of bugs, crashes.

3) A complete fail on mission variety. I get it, it's a looter shooter. Why do they have to be so fucking mundane? It isn't hard to design mission variety and have a little creativity so you can have good game play aspects while chasing your loot.

4) The outlight lies when it came to loading seamlessly.

5) Horrid UI.

The shit just adds up to be a "Why the fuck is this worth 60?" Now for most, as we can see, it's selling piss poor in the physical sales department. We do not know how many bought digitally or are playing through EA access/Premiere, but as it stands, it's selling jack shit from a like for like physical compared to other competition. So some people are starting to wisen up and either say fuck you, or we don't have all the results in. Either way, lack of physical equates to lack of sales.

For you, I get it. If you equate hours and hours of mundane play chasing loot and that's your thing, that's great for you and you got your $60 worth. For me? I like looter shooters. But I also want a variety of content, variety of game mission structure, and options in steeamlined design and why the fuck it's so hard to accomplish that in this genre amazes me. Because it ISN'T hard to do. Yet here it is for the 4th time falling on it's ass.

What is happening with these games is everything is scrapped and thrown together across decentralized communication between teams and what people get is frankenstein. And this is the 4th time it's happened now Across 3 IP's. (Destiny, Division, and Diablo 3)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ladro

Anomaly
3) A complete fail on mission variety. I get it, it's a looter shooter. Why do they have to be so fucking mundane? It isn't hard to design mission variety and have a little creativity so you can have good game play aspects while chasing your loot.

This one confuses me, honestly. We've all played Diablo 3 seasons right? It's the exact same shit every time. Grind max level, burn through story and run Greater Rifts over and over to empower gems and get drops. Same shit every single time. How is this any different? There's at least _some_ (albeit limited) variety here. Just confused, not meant to be inflammatory.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
For fuck's sake I wish there was a character sheet or something that actually told you what shit meant. Some of the inscriptions are super obtuse. I have a +20% speed RB and a +17% speed RB on a different item and whether that results in a 20% or 37% I should be able to see some noticeable difference.. and I don't.

• 2Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I got tired of the short comings and went ahead and canceled my premier, Apex is good enough for now.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Utnayan Utnayan if this is the future of AAA

Maybe Far Cry Primal and Doom wasn’t as bad as you thought ? Lol

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am different in the fact that I look to effort. Just because it is a looter shooter should not excuse:

1) The loot issues in the high end when all they had to do was learn from the last 4 of them who all made the same mistakes.

2) The massive amount of bugs, crashes.

4) The outlight lies when it came to loading seamlessly.

5) Horrid UI.

The shit just adds up to be a "Why the fuck is this worth 60?" Now for most, as we can see, it's selling piss poor in the physical sales department. We do not know how many bought digitally or are playing through EA access/Premiere, but as it stands, it's selling jack shit from a like for like physical compared to other competition. So some people are starting to wisen up and either say fuck you, or we don't have all the results in. Either way, lack of physical equates to lack of sales.

For you, I get it. If you equate hours and hours of mundane play chasing loot and that's your thing, that's great for you and you got your $60 worth. For me? I like looter shooters. But I also want a variety of content, variety of game mission structure, and options in steeamlined design and why the fuck it's so hard to accomplish that in this genre amazes me. Because it ISN'T hard to do. Yet here it is for the 4th time falling on it's ass.

What is happening with these games is everything is scrapped and thrown together across decentralized communication between teams and what people get is frankenstein. And this is the 4th time it's happened now Across 3 IP's. (Destiny, Division, and Diablo 3)

I guess what all this bullshit means above is you want some game that in reality does not exist and will never exist. You come in on every fucking game and bitch and moan about this and that, while not even playing. You just like to piss in peoples cheerios, bro. We get it the game is not for you. Go play some more rocket league.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
My son bought this on PS4 to play with his friends.

Through the game sharing process I will be getting it for free and playing it later this week. I hope it doesn't totally suck for the price I have paid.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I guess what all this bullshit means above is you want some game that in reality does not exist and will never exist. You come in on every fucking game and bitch and moan about this and that, while not even playing. You just like to piss in peoples cheerios, bro. We get it the game is not for you. Go play some more rocket league.

So wait because I want mission variety and sensical design decisions I should write off the looter shooter genre because some fuck up publishers got there first and you accepted bullshit design as the gospel for the genre?

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
LOL at level cap is when shit gets interesting with the drops you get. Shit like 200% charges, 700% ult per hit, huge dmg boosts to guns, huge dmg boosts to your skills with shit like 100% elemental, etc, etc...

Most of these reviews are fucks who played to lv 15 for 10 hours and think they have the game pegged. I say most, because some have posted reviews after 80 hours and shit, but those are rare.

For example the angry joe shit goes into rants about class balance and shit, and he played a storm not even hovering around like youre supposed to, lol. They even give you specific storm weapons that do 200% dmg while youre hovering. a sniper that does 130% dmg while hovering. Most of these fools dont know how to play.

Its reviews by journalists, not gamers, most of them, lol.

Not saying this game is the shit, because it has problems, bugs, lack of content, thats true, but most of these fools are not even gamers, so why should I listen to them?

The game shouldnt be judged on its first 10 hours? Are you that retarded? You’re on some next lvl white knighting.

If a game takes 50 hours to understand its scope, its flow, gameplay and whatever the hell its aiming for, heads up, its a failure.

But it gets better at the end game!! The fuck ill be putting my dick in a grinder for 50 hours until the pussy becomes good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The problem is with horrible design decisions and losing scope. It isn’t me. Everyone wants a looter shooter that isn’t generic bullshit. And it’s evident also with declining sales where this genre might get punted as a result of three companies that have their head up their ass. That’s the sad part.

I get you love this genre. And you are willing to sacrifice tons of shit to chase a gun. That doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be designed properly to make every other aspect of the game fun too. And no, not story. How about some mission variety? Accessibility on a map. Loot that isn’t inherently broken in most all aspects.

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game shouldnt be judged on its first 10 hours? Are you that retarded? You’re on some next lvl white knighting.

If a game takes 50 hours to understand its scope, its flow, gameplay and whatever the hell its aiming for, heads up, its a failure.

But it gets better at the end game!! The fuck ill be putting my dick in a grinder for 50 hours until the pussy becomes good.
While you are correct that a games intro hours should give you a feel for whether or not you'll like the gameplay, the article posted recently was apparently written by someone who failed to understand what was being presented to them, like any 8yr could. Just simple gameplay aspects that are clearly presented, the reviewer failed to see how those were absolutely being presented and used as well as they could. Anthem would only take you 50hrs to "understand" if you're retarded. The lategame mechanics offered by Masterworks only add to what was already there by lvl10.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The problem is with horrible design decisions and losing scope. It isn’t me. Everyone wants a looter shooter that isn’t generic bullshit. And it’s evident also with declining sales where this genre might get punted as a result of three companies that have their head up their ass. That’s the sad part.

I get you love this genre. And you are willing to sacrifice tons of shit to chase a gun. That doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be designed properly to make every other aspect of the game fun too. And no, not story. How about some mission variety? Accessibility on a map. Loot that isn’t inherently broken in most all aspects.

BLAH BLAH BLAH, thats all I fucking see when I see your posts on games.

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh god, classic. Streamerhouse and friends were exploiting a bug that allowed them to reset the final boss of a SH, to just fight the boss and get loot, got perma banned. Now they are whining that they weren't doing anything wrong! They were just doing what they could do in Borderlands! lol.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Oh god, classic. Streamerhouse and friends were exploiting a bug that allowed them to reset the final boss of a SH, to just fight the boss and get loot, got perma banned. Now they are whining that they weren't doing anything wrong! They were just doing what they could do in Borderlands! lol.

Almost 300 hrs on the acct too that the whole house uses, lol.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
If it didn't have literally dozens of noticeable bugs from start to finish and a plethora of idiotic design choices then paying $60 would be a bargain for the hours you will get out of it.

But no one should be rewarding companies that continually release beta state games with full price. One month of origin premier or ea access is more than enough to get your joy out of the game and wait to pick this up next year in the bargain bin if EA doesn't pull the plug before then.

They even shit the bed on adding a bunch of items in the store for people with no impulse control to buy at release.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yup, the cash shop is hilariously shitty. The entire enterprise is very low effort, but $15 is a small price to pay for a few dozen hours of entertainment.

• 2Like