Bioware's "Anthem"

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The stupid staggered release is probably why they've cycled through the same cosmetics twice now to give Xbox/Ps4 and non Premier subs the chance to get those items. If the same shit appears at next cycle, yea, lame. They have quite a few more cosmetics ready to go already if you find some alpha footage from a few months ago, along with emotes, etc.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
@Utnayan if this is the future of AAA

Maybe Far Cry Primal and Doom wasn’t as bad as you thought ? Lol

Disliking Far Cry I can understand---after a few hours of stealth attack to raid camps, I quickly lose interest. But Doom (2016)? What's not to like about it?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anthem should know that traversal and combo and abilities-based combat are its biggest strengths, but if it does, it never gives you that indication.

Like holy shit, no indication? At lv 2 you get a big COMBO message while im combat. Granted the game does not do a tutorial, but if you dont know WTF youre doing by lv 15 with combos youre a lost case. Especially now after the day 1 patch where skills are clearly maeked detonator and primer. Where as some were not before. You have symbols on the bottom right hand corner of your HUD that show you which ones are primers and detonators too.

Its like these dudes want the gamer to hold your hand instead of you know, experiment, try shit on your own, discover those holy shit moments that make games great.
I'm 4 hours in, and level 7 I think? I don't know anything about combos. If they told me at level 2, I skipped right over it. Lol

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm 4 hours in, and level 7 I think? I don't know anything about combos. If they told me at level 2, I skipped right over it. Lol
Don't recall if you have both your Q&E (lmb/rmb) skills by lvl7 or not, but just read the descriptions and experiment with them. ;p

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'll freely admit that there is some terrible communication between game systems and the player. not having a character sheet is a prime example. storm elemental abilities also being considered impact or blast depending on what they do is another example.

that being it's not a difficult game to "understand." currently it just seems to be a difficult game to understand how best to min/max.

fyi, combos: some skills are "primers" that will add an elemental effect (frozen, burning, shocked, or acid) and using a detonator ability on a primed target will cause some extra effects based on what jav you are using.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Stop talking and bring back equipable loot on the fly like the 2017 trailer - is that gun even in the game? Also has anyone found any weapon that actually looks unique and not like a rusty PoS? My legendaries look as generic as the green counterparts. I also got a legendary strike item thats 2(ilvl?) over the masterwork but no other difference other than that. The loot falls flat which is depressing in a looter shooter.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not high enough level, but how do contracts work? Can lowbies get GM1 contracts that all the high levels wanna do? Create a system like D3's old Rift it Forward, or WoW's more recent mythic + keys if you had a Maw key. The lowbie provides the contract (key), and the higher levels clear it for them.

That'd be a cool way for high levels to be able to farm more loot than they could solo, and lowbies could get cool shit from their contracts.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Contracts are endless at L30 and you get 3 legendary at day which are the only ones worth doing.

So no newbies needed and you would spend the entire time dead at less than 400GS.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stop talking and bring back equipable loot on the fly like the 2017 trailer - is that gun even in the game? Also has anyone found any weapon that actually looks unique and not like a rusty PoS? My legendaries look as generic as the green counterparts. I also got a legendary strike item thats 2(ilvl?) over the masterwork but no other difference other than that. The loot falls flat which is depressing in a looter shooter.
No unique models as of yet for the legendary guns, and all the legendary items are just ilvl upgrades (though that 2 ilvl scales up the dmg by a good chunk). I've gotten 3 legendary guns now: Avenging Herald (sucks for my playstyle as ranger), Rolling Carnage (a pretty badass shotgun where dashing buffs dmg by 50% x3), and Soothing Touch (marksman that rolled 250% dmg). Was hyped for Soothing Touch since it hits like a truck..... but its ADS is apparently bugged (at least for controllers) where the gun jerks up / jerks right when you enter / leave ADS. So when I use it I can't ADS, lol. I'm not that concerned about how the guns looks tbh, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are some unique looking guns to be found in the Act 1 updates.

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
all the legendary items are just ilvl upgrades (though that 2 ilvl scales up the dmg by a good chunk).

Not quite true, Legendary weapons and gear roll with higher tier bonuses. So my Fist of Stral has a 225% damage modifier and the MW version looks like it can only roll up to 150%. My Best Defense legendary is 200% damage, whereas the best roll I've seen for damage on MW gear is 100%. Same thing with the Fire Wall with 200% charges on the legendary, and 100% on the MW. So I'm going to believe right now, that there's a tier system in place that ranks rolls.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yup, the cash shop is hilariously shitty. The entire enterprise is very low effort, but $15 is a small price to pay for a few dozen hours of entertainment.

Maybe, but that will enable companies to just shit out half baked products and milk ppl for those 15$ and nothing will change. 15$ is absolutely nothing, but im getting tired of paying to get fed lies n bugs. Yes u will get yer money worth of fun out of this, and they will keep selling that shit cause they will always profit from that.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still enjoying this a lot since I have almost no issues, I think 3 disconnect and 2 crashes since Friday, 2 disconnect being back to back.

Sadly my friend is getting anywhere from 5 to 10 disconnect a day, so he's ready to quit. He loves the game too, but the disconnect are just too much.

I hope they fix this shit soon, I enjoy playing as a team. Me on my Storm high up in the air, using Ice Storm to freeze everything as I watch him on the ground killing everything with melee attack with his Interceptor, getting a freezing aura to freeze stuff I miss. It's a lot of fun.

I'm pretty sure, if it's not fixed by the weekend, he'll quit and I'll be playing alone. :(

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Excited to see WTF they do about loot.

Also, yeah, I have gotten maybe 1-2 disconnects from my 80 hrs. I did get the sound bug a few times though. Which is annoying as fuck. Basically have to play out the current shit youre doing then restart the game.

Most annoying thing is quickplay being broke. But for some reason I got to run about 6-7 missions in a row last night in quickplay, it was a fucking miracle. Im not sure why they dont just turn off the fucking missions that are busted/cannot be advanced.

Today will basically reveal (loot) if I stay with this game longer or go back to Destiny 2 and new season shit with the loot stuff. Because I cannot see myself grinding useless shit. Basically not one upgrade for any of my dudes in the last 4-5 days.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I unlocked Interceptor first, but I've been playing colossus since the 2nd unlock and enjoying the hell out of it. I got a +300% shield damage component, and sprinting around shield slamming trash mobs hasn't gotten old yet.

Did my first stronghold last night (2x normal, 2x hard). The hard ones forced me to figure out how the combos really work, so I was using flamethrower/some lightning spell that made a big difference. It was nice to see some blue drops and they were raining down, but still don't have shit for decent weapons. Not a fan of the shotguns so far and the grenade launcher sucks dick. I've been mainly using the autocannons and either a marksman rifle or LMG.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm still enjoying this a lot since I have almost no issues, I think 3 disconnect and 2 crashes since Friday, 2 disconnect being back to back.

Sadly my friend is getting anywhere from 5 to 10 disconnect a day, so he's ready to quit. He loves the game too, but the disconnect are just too much.

I hope they fix this shit soon, I enjoy playing as a team. Me on my Storm high up in the air, using Ice Storm to freeze everything as I watch him on the ground killing everything with melee attack with his Interceptor, getting a freezing aura to freeze stuff I miss. It's a lot of fun.

I'm pretty sure, if it's not fixed by the weekend, he'll quit and I'll be playing alone. :(

So I just read this on reddit, not sure if it will help your bud or not, but out of the game, go to origin and right click on the game, hit the settings cog wheel, game properties, general tab, disable Origin in game. Seems to help people with crash bug.

Also disable vsync, and turn on windowed boarderless.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So I just read this on reddit, not sure if it will help your bud or not, but out of the game, go to origin and right click on the game, hit the settings cog wheel, game properties, general tab, disable Origin in game. Seems to help people with crash bug.

Also disable vsync, and turn on windowed boarderless.

Thanks, but this is on the PS4, not on PC.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks, but this is on the PS4, not on PC.
I was getting a lot of disconnects on official launch day, and started running trace routes to see what was going on. At that time there were two Amazon nodes that were taking a shit before my packets hit their ddos protection. Not sure how PS4/Xbox handle connectivity to Anthem servers.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Excited to see WTF they do about loot.

Also, yeah, I have gotten maybe 1-2 disconnects from my 80 hrs. I did get the sound bug a few times though. Which is annoying as fuck. Basically have to play out the current shit youre doing then restart the game.

Most annoying thing is quickplay being broke. But for some reason I got to run about 6-7 missions in a row last night in quickplay, it was a fucking miracle. Im not sure why they dont just turn off the fucking missions that are busted/cannot be advanced.

Today will basically reveal (loot) if I stay with this game longer or go back to Destiny 2 and new season shit with the loot stuff. Because I cannot see myself grinding useless shit. Basically not one upgrade for any of my dudes in the last 4-5 days.
I'm only expecting some information on when the inscription fixes will go live, and their thoughts on loot drops overall going forward. I am sure the post by Travis Day kinda forced them to rethink their plan.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I unlocked Interceptor first, but I've been playing colossus since the 2nd unlock and enjoying the hell out of it. I got a +300% shield damage component, and sprinting around shield slamming trash mobs hasn't gotten old yet.

Did my first stronghold last night (2x normal, 2x hard). The hard ones forced me to figure out how the combos really work, so I was using flamethrower/some lightning spell that made a big difference. It was nice to see some blue drops and they were raining down, but still don't have shit for decent weapons. Not a fan of the shotguns so far and the grenade launcher sucks dick. I've been mainly using the autocannons and either a marksman rifle or LMG.

I play Colossus and love the lightning coil(Vassa's Arc) You can use it while shielding and with the MW version it creates some nasty combos and is great for eating away enemy shields. Firewall was fun but unless your group is super powered for the tier at GM levels you need to be able to keep a lot of things frozen so a lot of the fire weapons seem less usable than others in the end game right now.

• 1Like