Bioware's "Anthem"

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also out of all the javs, I find the Ranger to be the most underwhelming. Too gear dependant in a system right now that good luck finding either blast or impact on anything, and if you do youre lucky. Out of the 25 or so masterworks I found with him plus weapons and legendary, I still have yet to find anything with blast or impact on it. From the looks of it hes supposed to be the king of single target burst and yet my dude shoots duds. Also no way to take shields down other than your weapons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Stand still for a couple minutes in world and the camera rotates around you.

I heard the new Stronghold was data mined and we will see GM4 and 5 along with some new loot and a loot level increase.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Gear dependent seems to be the thing to move up in GMs - sure you can slog your way through but unless you get a lucky mod youre SoL. This reminds me of early D3 when you were bombarded with useless shit that youd never equip even if it was a legendary item. When you were getting more legendaries per event/stronghold it was better since 80% of shit wouldnt be of use, but now its pretty meh at best. Im already tired of running strongholds and doing the contracts and im only playing an hour or 2 a day - no clue how ppl are spending 4+hrs a day doing same shit.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Also out of all the javs, I find the Ranger to be the most underwhelming. Too gear dependant in a system right now that good luck finding either blast or impact on anything, and if you do youre lucky. Out of the 25 or so masterworks I found with him plus weapons and legendary, I still have yet to find anything with blast or impact on it. From the looks of it hes supposed to be the king of single target burst and yet my dude shoots duds. Also no way to take shields down other than your weapons.

Agreed. I got very lucky with some drops that make me feel like I should as a single target jav.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Gear dependent seems to be the thing to move up in GMs - sure you can slog your way through but unless you get a lucky mod youre SoL. This reminds me of early D3 when you were bombarded with useless shit that youd never equip even if it was a legendary item. When you were getting more legendaries per event/stronghold it was better since 80% of shit wouldnt be of use, but now its pretty meh at best. Im already tired of running strongholds and doing the contracts and im only playing an hour or 2 a day - no clue how ppl are spending 4+hrs a day doing same shit.

I dont mind running the same shit in games like this. The problem is right now the gear sucks. There is absolutely no synergy in masterwork and legendary items and their inscriptions. So you get a masterwork blast missile for example, and it will have +elemental dmg on it or some shit. Ready for the scrap heap. But I guess they are working to fix this shit some at least.

And I agree with you on the drop rate.

Liker I said im gonna do the minimal shit now (daily 3 legendary contracts to get guaranteed easy drops) until this major stuff gets fixed.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dont mind running the same shit in games like this. The problem is right now the gear sucks. There is absolutely no synergy in masterwork and legendary items and their inscriptions. So you get a masterwork blast missile for example, and it will have +elemental dmg on it or some shit. Ready for the scrap heap. But I guess they are working to fix this shit some at least.

And I agree with you on the drop rate.

Liker I said im gonna do the minimal shit now (daily 3 legendary contracts to get guaranteed easy drops) until this major stuff gets fixed.

One thing to note is every AOE is also a blast weapon. So for a storm your lighting blast power is both elemental and it is blast. On a similar note all single target powers are impact powers. Their terminology needs to be more clearly explained though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
One thing to note is every AOE is also a blast weapon. So for a storm your lighting blast power is both elemental and it is blast. On a similar note all single target powers are impact powers. Their terminology needs to be more clearly explained though.

So seeker missile is impact then?

Yeah they need to explain all this shit.

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
anthem_det.jpg

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That is a nice chart although apparently the devs have clarified that every AOE ability is also considered blast damage in addition to any element it may have. A lot of storms were confused they have a mod slot item that gives big pluses to blast damage when we didn't have anything labeled as blast damage.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
When you are out in the world via freeplay/mission game is a blast. Everything else sucks, has zero draw to it. Every time I get back to town I immediately want to stop playing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Freeplay is the best part yes - but with 4 ppl? You cant see events on the map? You just run around this huge map and try to find out what everyone else is doing?

No thanks - for as much hope as i had for this im equally let down and ready to uninstall and go back to Destiny 2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Even with 4 people feeplay needs shit like Destiny has on its map, when a event is about to pop an icon appears on the map with a timer, thus giving people enough time to get there. this random flying around looking for them is dumb. Especially when youre solo, even with a group, randomy fying around hoping to stumble on one is dumb. Plus they need a few quick travel points too.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, freeplay feels pointless to me right now. I would love to see notifications on the map as well as the ability to set a waypoint. Until those happen, i will just avoid freeplay.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Like i said, given all the shit Destiny has, they are literally trying too hard to not copy what Destiny has done and instead gave us this shit. Who the fuck let this come out with such a bland as version of freeplay with no way to know whats going on? Can you even quickly go from location to location or do you have to exit free play to travel to another part of the map if you dont want to slowly slog your way around? The desire to want your player to enjoy their surroundings is cool and all but no one is going into freeplay to sight see.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, freeplay feels pointless to me right now. I would love to see notifications on the map as well as the ability to set a waypoint. Until those happen, i will just avoid freeplay.

Freeplay was great on friday, when they buffed the loot. Man Iwas coming home with like 5-6 masterworks every time. The next day, greens and blues, maybe a few purps.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Freeplay was great on friday, when they buffed the loot. Man Iwas coming home with like 5-6 masterworks every time. The next day, greens and blues, maybe a few purps.
Just did 26-30 yesterday, had already done the tombs mission and all the steps before being in MW level, guess i will have to check it out for MW.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Freeplay is where you will go to farm masterwork embers. Get a good harvesting build going and they will be dropping 3-4 per node. You need 25 to craft a masterwork item. And if you dismantle a masterwork item it only gives you one. Plus the freeplay chests, and the events are pretty cool.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
No doubt this doesn't take into account the Origin Premier users, because everyone I've played with hasn't actually bought the game....

Freeplay as an experience changes once you get used to how it works. You fly to specific areas, you learn where encounters spark off (near landmarks), clear, loot n scoot. Helps a lot if you have a group on coms splitting up and grouping on spawns. That said, it is as easy as Missions, and the loot now reflects that. Enjoy your Masterworks, hopefully you were level 30. I hope they amp the difficulty to match Strongholds, then the loot that drops could match a stronghold, which would keep Freeplay as relevant content. Though at this point I've gotten most of my Masterworks from random trash mobs, so who knows...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do people realize that the drop rate as it is right now is the exact same drop rate one day before their mistake? I didn't see nearly as much whining about that back then as now. Instead of increasing drop rates back to that mistake, I'd rather see them fix the useless perks issue first.

Speaking of drop rates, the past 3 days I've had the exact same drop amounts in my Legendary Contracts: Yarrow = 1 MW (the reward), Mattias = 1 MW (reward), and Brin = 3 MW (2 mob, 1 reward). Weird.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same here. I've yet to see a single item drop for my Ranger that had +Blast dmg, nor have I been able to craft a single Universal component that has Blast dmg. Best I've seen, and I'm not sure its as good as pure Blast, are items with +Dmg to Q or E.

To take down shields as a Ranger, you need to use Pulse Blast or Spark Beam, both of which are slow to use, and lower dmg than Blast Missle / Seeker. The Blast Missile MW is extremely good due to its perk, where it procs a high dmg AoE... but you need to stack Blast to make it reliably one shot trash mobs in GM1+. Then you have Frag Grenade which gives you 700% Ult energy when it hits mobs (not 100% sure its per mob hit though), which just seems far and away the best to use. Cherry on top? Ranger Ult is Blast dmg... so the Ranger seems perfectly built to take advantage of stacking Blase, but damn its soooo RNG based to do that.

Best Combo build I've used for Ranger is using the MW versions of Sticky Grenade (procs Ice blast aoe on hit), and Venom Darts (4 charges). Sticky has the lowest cooldown of all the grenades, so you can almost spam it along with Darts for combos everywhere. Yet, that build feels very ST.

Edit: Another funny loot based bug ingame now. If you stand under the SH boss when it dies, you'll get 2 MW drops instead of 1, lol.

• 1Like