Bioware's "Anthem"

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Anyone get a bug with sound in which your left and right becomes switched or it only comes from one side of your headphones?

Could be a problem with the compatibility with my soundcard. Pretty annoying every time I load this up I have to reset the sound settings. More of an inconvenience really but still annoying.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Nah but I have to change my resolution every time I log in. For some reason it goes to lowest setting when I start it. EA people are retarded so it's probably on their end and not your stuff.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Anthem Loot Update
renderTimingPixel.png

Hey All,

First off, thank you for all the feedback around loot drops, this is what we have heard:

• Many inscriptions are not useful to the item they are attached to
  • Due to this, players need to get many masterworks of the same item to find a “good one”
  • Players want the frequency of masterwork drops to increase to help with the above OR…
  • They want us to change how masterwork inscriptions work so that they are more “useful”

There is more feedback, the above is a summary.

This is our plan for changes to go live on February 28th or March 1st (central US time)

• Inscriptions are now better for the items they are on
    • This applies to new items earned in Anthem (not existing ones in your Vault)
    • If an inscription applies only to the item it is on (gear icon), it will be useful to that item. Otherwise the inscription will provide a Javelin wide benefit
    • For example, an Assault Rifle will not have an item specific +pistol damage inscription. It may have a +electric damage suit wide inscription (cool for a lightning build)
    • Some more information below
  • Removed uncommon (white) and common (green) items from level 30 drop tables
    • This was a highly requested change and we agree, so that’s that.
  • We have reduced the crafting materials needed to craft a masterwork from 25 masterwork embers to 15 masterwork embers
    • As you salvage or harvest, you should be able to craft more masterwork items to get the inscriptions you are looking for
    • Now that inscriptions are more relevant to their item, this should yield better results for players

Additional inscription change details
Its hard to write a short version of this, but I’m going to try. If we need to add more information later we can do that…

• Current: There are a large pool of inscription options available to roll on items, the inscription pools are generic (e.g. Weapons)
    • Every masterwork item has 4 inscriptions – Major Primary, Minor Primary, Major Secondary, Minor Secondary
  • Change: Each item type now has a specific set of inscription options for each of their inscription pools. The pools are smaller and are targeted to the specific item type
    • E.g. there used to be a Weapon pool, now there is an Assault Rifle pool and the assault rifle pool has 4 pools for each of the inscription types listed above
    • Primary inscriptions are focused on damage or survivability
      • Any item specific inscriptions (gear icon) will always benefit the item they are on
      • Javelin wide inscriptions (suit icon) will benefit damage or survivability across the whole Javelin
    • Secondary inscriptions focus on utility and can be targeted to the item (gear icon) or the entire javelin (suit icon)

There are likely a bunch of questions, we will read through the comments and if we need an additional post to clarify things, we can work on that.

Thanks again for all of your support

Ben

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good first step. With this change we'll be able to see if drop rates themselves need a boost (probably).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Only sound issue I've come across is the voice of the player character stops working but everything else is fine.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is huge for those of us that have shit RNG luck. I know some poeple scored double and triple rolls of dmg and shit on stuff but I never even seen shit like that drop for me.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anthem Loot Update
renderTimingPixel.png

Hey All,

First off, thank you for all the feedback around loot drops, this is what we have heard:

• Many inscriptions are not useful to the item they are attached to
  • Due to this, players need to get many masterworks of the same item to find a “good one”
  • Players want the frequency of masterwork drops to increase to help with the above OR…
  • They want us to change how masterwork inscriptions work so that they are more “useful”

There is more feedback, the above is a summary.

This is our plan for changes to go live on February 28th or March 1st (central US time)

• Inscriptions are now better for the items they are on
    • This applies to new items earned in Anthem (not existing ones in your Vault)
    • If an inscription applies only to the item it is on (gear icon), it will be useful to that item. Otherwise the inscription will provide a Javelin wide benefit
    • For example, an Assault Rifle will not have an item specific +pistol damage inscription. It may have a +electric damage suit wide inscription (cool for a lightning build)
    • Some more information below
  • Removed uncommon (white) and common (green) items from level 30 drop tables
    • This was a highly requested change and we agree, so that’s that.
  • We have reduced the crafting materials needed to craft a masterwork from 25 masterwork embers to 15 masterwork embers
    • As you salvage or harvest, you should be able to craft more masterwork items to get the inscriptions you are looking for
    • Now that inscriptions are more relevant to their item, this should yield better results for players

Additional inscription change details
Its hard to write a short version of this, but I’m going to try. If we need to add more information later we can do that…

• Current: There are a large pool of inscription options available to roll on items, the inscription pools are generic (e.g. Weapons)
    • Every masterwork item has 4 inscriptions – Major Primary, Minor Primary, Major Secondary, Minor Secondary
  • Change: Each item type now has a specific set of inscription options for each of their inscription pools. The pools are smaller and are targeted to the specific item type
    • E.g. there used to be a Weapon pool, now there is an Assault Rifle pool and the assault rifle pool has 4 pools for each of the inscription types listed above
    • Primary inscriptions are focused on damage or survivability
      • Any item specific inscriptions (gear icon) will always benefit the item they are on
      • Javelin wide inscriptions (suit icon) will benefit damage or survivability across the whole Javelin
    • Secondary inscriptions focus on utility and can be targeted to the item (gear icon) or the entire javelin (suit icon)

There are likely a bunch of questions, we will read through the comments and if we need an additional post to clarify things, we can work on that.

Thanks again for all of your support

Ben
I was starting to think the update wasn't coming! Good steps in the right direction!

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It's too bad loot isn't the primary issue with the game. That's just the fluff that keeps the heroin addicts fulfilled.

The reason folks play Diablo 3, even the same content over and over, is the difficulty scale, and the versatility of builds being of different levels of effectiveness given the level of grift or team comp. Play style is also wildly different between builds. In Anthem, it's a +1 game - your play style doesn't change that drastically regardless of your gear other than being a little more careful and coordinated with your team. So far in this game, even GM3 is relatively easy with a competent group. Little more time consuming without tweaked inscriptions.

Which comes back to the loot issue - you get way more MW just doing Hard or GM1, since you can finish the encounter more than twice as fast, and so far loot drop rates don't seem to scale at the same level of difficulty/time. Same reason folks were farming freeplay until they nurfed the drop rates. Path of least resistance. If GM3 gave 3x as many drops with a higher chance for better items, but no, right now it takes 3x as long for nearly the same quantity of drops. Stacking +Luck, it would likely net you 2x as many drops doing a lower difficulty. That's the opposite of what should be intended. You should be rewarded according to the difficulty - so far the only difference I've seen is between normal and hard. Anything more than hard just makes the mobs have higher hp/shield.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Dev who was giving us all that info about Luck updated his information. All players start with 100 Luck, so all you need to get on gear is 90 to be at the highest threshold.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
According to the difficulty description Hard only contains a subset of available MW drops.
Its not just Hard difficulty, you'll get the same stuff on Easy and Normal as well. It is in GM1+ where the entire loot table opens up.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Just recorded this a few minutes ago. What the hell is up with the gearscore when dismantling ?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Well BW updated their luck explanation, so now its 90 luck that you want to target.

Everyone has a base of 100 luck. After 90 bonus luck, you're not going to get any additional benefit.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Just recorded this a few minutes ago. What the hell is up with the gearscore when dismantling ?

That gearscore is showing you the update of what would happen if you equipped the weapon/gear you have selected at the time. So of course you can see it dropping, because you're salvaging gear of lower level. For even more confirmation of what's going on, check the down red arrow at the end of the bar.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The Dev who was giving us all that info about Luck updated his information. All players start with 100 Luck, so all you need to get on gear is 90 to be at the highest threshold.

So im wondering now if all other stas are the same, start at 100 base and only go up by 90 for the max. It would make sense, no?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im not talking about dmg, but the support type inscriptions, like
+ammo drop
+supply drop
+harvesting bonus

Shit like that. I dont think I ever saw one of those stats above 40% on items

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
oh yeah, i guess that makes some sense? harvesting bonus would probably be the only one worth really stacking though?