Bioware's "Anthem"

Ladro

Anomaly
Simplest answer is usually correct. They rushed the game and put in artificial limiters to prevent people from discovering these faults until after they invested enough time to prevent a lawsuit or refund. It’s a total fuck you to gamers and a complete cash grab. Maybe it’s retribution for the Battlefront fiasco, who knows...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Simplest answer is usually correct. They rushed the game and put in artificial limiters to prevent people from discovering these faults until after they invested enough time to prevent a lawsuit or refund. It’s a total fuck you to gamers and a complete cash grab. Maybe it’s retribution for the Battlefront fiasco, who knows...

The thing is the core game play IS fun. The combat is solid and the powers and javelins are fun. So there is a core of a fun game here but the loot stuff is just not great. No cosmetic stuff dropping legendaries are pretty close to legendary I played this game a good 100+ hours so far and I have seen 1 legendary drop. No idea why they are that fucking stingy with them because the way the loot works even if you get one the chance of it having the stats you want are vanishingly small. I think with another couple months of development it probably could have had a good launch. I even kinda understand their scaling weirdness it really is balanced well if you are a level 30 with your buddy who is starting out brand new where its not a total cake walk and still feels fun to play together. But the scaling stuff NEEDS TO BE TURNED OFF AT MAX LEVEL CONTENT. If you are queuing GM1+ the scaling needs to not fucking be there. Everybody doing that by definition has to be level 30.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I got kicked from my RL friend group last night for complaining too much about the game. Feels bad man. There are just so many problems with this game: terrible UI, long and constant loading screens, bizarre design decisions (not being able to switch items in a mission, not having a character sheet, teleporting when not in exactly the right position), uninspired loot, uninspired crafting, and uninspired cosmetics, limited missions, simplistic quests, boring/byzantine story. Its really a shame. There's just too much awful to overcome the fact that the core gameplay loop is pretty fun. Flying around is neat and the environments look great. Monsters are a little interesting even though they don't generally do interesting things. At least I'm not crashing now. Personally, I think this game is DOA. People who want a coop experience are likely as not to go to Division 2 and I just don't think the real root problems can be solved in a way and time that will bring in the live service money that is required to keep the dev team running.

• 1Truth!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
tenor.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Well I guess it's easier too adjust loot drops..(which are useless) instead of fixing the scaling issues.

Should have just released this as a full-on Beta(at 20-25$? maybe *shrug*), instead just seems like they have no idea what they are doing, which is sad really RIP Bioware.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well the legendary drop rate does at least seem higher on gm2. Got a couple tonight whereas I had only ever gotten one previously in the last couple weeks.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Division 2 isn't really an option. I'd give it a shot if I had the cash. Doesn't sound like its price will be dropping like Anthem's will be shortly. lol

Just now I tried joining a couple quickplay strongholds while I wait for a couple friends to get online. Both of them ended immediately as I joined and then gave me a server connection problem, searching for server pop up error. Looks like we're playing Rocket League tonight.

You play rocket league? :) what platform.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
On PC but doesn't really matter anymore. Full crossplay is available. It brings me great joy listening to my cousin complain about ps4 players and how bad they suck. Lol
I usually play 3-5 games a night. High silver/ low gold.
I'll grab Division 2 when it goes on sale. Heh

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
On PC but doesn't really matter anymore. Full crossplay is available. It brings me great joy listening to my cousin complain about ps4 players and how bad they suck. Lol
I usually play 3-5 games a night. High silver/ low gold.
I'll grab Division 2 when it goes on sale. Heh

Ok. I’m D2 div 4 in 3’s and D1 div 2 in twos. On PS4 we can play anytime :)