Bioware's "Anthem"

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Don't forget no fucking Character Screen too see overall stats/etc etc (WTF were they thinking on this?)

I actually think this is done on purpose to obfuscate the broken stats, broken math and non working perks. With a character sheet outlining exactly WTF those numbers are, you would be seeing a whole lot more bitching going on about broken shit. Sure you can add up all of your numbers and make one yourself, but come on, it would take a real autist to do some shit like this. (and im sure many have already)

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ladro

Anomaly
This is exactly why it's not in there - I think it would have very quickly highlighted the broken math and stat calculations. They really did all they could to ensure this wasn't discovered until people hit the end game grind and started min/maxing.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Destiny was in 100x better shape than this, the only drawback being you didn't get to fly around in cool armor.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So I am now in a terrible place in this game. I finally, FINALLY, got a '10 thousand suns' to drop and had been happily enjoying my return to throwing down big fireball booms all over...

Then I got a Legendary LMG that had +175% damage and +200% physical damage on it with a few other doodads.

To put this into perspective (and since the scaling means actual absolute damage numbers are not the best reference point) with all my elemental gear on and using both Token of the Master and Token of the Pupil plus the stacking buff from Elemental Rage I got to the point where my Storm gear abilities were hitting for 10k-20k depending on various resist factors. Pretty nice I thought and things were going quite well.

Now using this LMG with an additional +physical Legendary component I have I am hitting for 12k-18k per round... there's no contest at this point and other than getting some miracle +elemental roll I am gonna have to be a hovering soldier instead of the guy tossing fireballs.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Qhue Qhue

I'm in the same position, I got a Legendary Glorious Result heavy pistol. I forgot the exact stats, but effect is like +250% after hitting 2 or 3 week point in a row, then inscription I have +100 weapon damage, and +75 physical damage...or something along those lines. I hit for 25K with the gun, and for 12-15 with my elemental abilities.

I'm looking into making a gun based build maybe, try to stack as much +weapon, +impact, +physical damage as possible as see what happens. :)

I'm also wondering which Javelin would be best for a build like that. Although I like hovering forever on the Storm. :)

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I'm also wondering which Javelin would be best for a build like that.

If they ever fix Ranger (and the game) I would say go for that. There is a component that gives + to impact and blast, but blast overrides impact from doing anything for that piece currently.

At this point I am only following the game due to just how much of a cluster fuck it is.

• 1Like

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Qhue Qhue

I'm in the same position, I got a Legendary Glorious Result heavy pistol. I forgot the exact stats, but effect is like +250% after hitting 2 or 3 week point in a row, then inscription I have +100 weapon damage, and +75 physical damage...or something along those lines. I hit for 25K with the gun, and for 12-15 with my elemental abilities.

I'm looking into making a gun based build maybe, try to stack as much +weapon, +impact, +physical damage as possible as see what happens. :)

I'm also wondering which Javelin would be best for a build like that. Although I like hovering forever on the Storm. :)

Interceptor is probably your best bet. You can stack +damage skills and procs in nearly every single slot. Plus the masterwork that gives you free reloads after dodging is insanely good for a gun build.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm not even attempting to defend this game anymore. I still enjoy the fuck out of it but in no way could I recommend it to anyone in its current state. What a fucking joke.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
I'm not even attempting to defend this game anymore. I still enjoy the fuck out of it but in no way could I recommend it to anyone in its current state. What a fucking joke.

Ya...I am in the same boat. It’s still fun but playing Division 2 makes anthem look like it has the depth of an etch a sketch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Division 2 isn't really an option. I'd give it a shot if I had the cash. Doesn't sound like its price will be dropping like Anthem's will be shortly. lol

Just now I tried joining a couple quickplay strongholds while I wait for a couple friends to get online. Both of them ended immediately as I joined and then gave me a server connection problem, searching for server pop up error. Looks like we're playing Rocket League tonight.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Didn't play last night. Fired it up tonight a d went straight into a quick play stronghold. Takes ~4 minutes to load, spawn at final boss (robot hydra thing). He's bugged and crouching on the center platform, invincible.

This is all pretty damn funny, honestly. I didn't play fallout 76, but I'm wondering which is the bigger trainwreck.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Didn't play last night. Fired it up tonight a d went straight into a quick play stronghold. Takes ~4 minutes to load, spawn at final boss (robot hydra thing). He's bugged and crouching on the center platform, invincible.

This is all pretty damn funny, honestly. I didn't play fallout 76, but I'm wondering which is the bigger trainwreck.
Played both and I would say FO76 is a far bigger train wreck.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This is why you absolutely cannot phone-it-in when you are a game systems designer. There will always be someone with a personal motivation based around their fundamental interest in their hobby that can reverse engineer your terrible algorithms.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users