Bioware's "Anthem"

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I assume it's Diamond 2 - Division 4 in 3's and Diamond 1 - Division 2 in 2's in RL. Which is quite a bit above my pay grade. haha

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
So I finished the main story last night..and just like the rest of game, it was a kernel of good/great with so much wasted potential. The game's coda was patently insulting in its understatement. All of that wasted money and time for something half as good as it should have been. The handwaving around math and scaling is the reveal that it is a fake superstructure built to hide the broken ruins of the game.
what the fuck does this even mean? did you have a storke?
No storkes, its rocket league talk, I think.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I assume it's Diamond 2 - Division 4 in 3's and Diamond 1 - Division 2 in 2's in RL. Which is quite a bit above my pay grade. haha

We can still play. Just will do some non competitive. :) what’s your name on crossplay?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
giphy (14).gif

• 1Like

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Seems like every few days someone finds something else that is monumentally fucked up with this game. Today we have this gem.

It seems drop quality is linked very heavily into javelin average item level for your group, in combination with luck. While I'd very much like this to not be true, we've been testing this over the last day, and our theory is holding clear. I'd very much love if someone can provide extra data for or against our findings.

We've been documenting drop variations in GM3 within our group, and the results were uniformly disapointing. None of us were receiving the spikes or consistent loot that you sometimes see here on reddit. In fact, most of our GM3 Runs typically netted just a handful of masterworks for each of us. Our gear scores vary greatly within the group as some of us use epic components for the inscriptions, in addition to epic support items.

Then came our individual item level test. I run 750 with no Support, putting my iLvl at cap. I ran with the group, but not partied with them. The immediate impact was profound. You can see the results here:
Our top two runs are with the group where our ILevel is averaged together, the bottom run is my individual collection with the group, but not joined as part of the squad. The 3 other members received very lack luster loot for this run.

Our next run, we all focued on equiping our highest ilevel items, and our results were immediate. Each member reported substantial drop quality increases. We performed more testing into the night, but the difference in drop quality held when we increased our item level within the group. Not every member of the group could reach a perfect 750.

Testing notes: We ran 4 GM FreePlay runs, each about an hour and 15 minutes long. Each member aimed to be within 10% of 90% Luck.
Run 1 (All grouped): 6 Masterworks, 0 leg. Group average: 5 Masterworks, 0.25 legendaries
Run 2 (All grouped): 4 Masterworks, 1 leg. Group average: 5 Masterworks, 0.5 legendaries
Run 3 (Myself Solo): 18 masterworks, 3 legendaries. 3 player Group average: 5 Masterworks, 0.25 legendaries.
Run 4 (Myself Solo, group increased Item level): 20 Masteworks, 3 legendaries. 3 player gruop average: 14 Masterworks, 2 legendaries.

Now of course, this could be 'rng is rng' but the deviations and the group all experiencing the same trend seems illogical for this to just be some 'fluke'. I'd very much appreciate it if some people could assist in testing this. We saw the most dramatic impact when we moved each javelin to 'Legendary' item level. I haven't been able to tell if the primary factor is total item level, or total item level in regards to equiped slots. This morning I did legendary contracts in GM3 where you're forced to be part of the group (I couldn't drop) and my drop rate respectively nose dived due to the ilevel average of the group being lower.

Will continue to test into the evening, and far from conclusive, but it seems that group average ilevel dictates the quality of loot received.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
In my, and everybody else's, eyes this game is done. Except for the slavering neckbeard fanboi, whom thinks that BioWare can do no wrong, and thinks that Andromeda was a good game, just the trolls on the internet ruined it for everybody.

BioWare is gonna spend a couple'a more months chasing down the shitstorm that this game has created for them. Then, they're gonna cash out their chips with this game. Prolly with a post stating that the trolls of the internet caused it. 'Cause you know, reasons and shit. It's never their fault.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In my, and everybody else's, eyes this game is done.

I've quit playing it entirely myself. I was willing deal with a lot of the obvious flaws because I was having 'some' fun, but the community keeps revealing back-end systems that are absolutely ridiculous. Bioware wacks one mole and two more appear.

Besides, Division 2 is a MUCH, MUCH better game.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I still play and I still begrudgingly enjoy the game when I am playing. However if it wasn't for my brother who is fighting pancreatic cancer that LOVES the game I'd be demanding a refund from this shitshow.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I still play and I still begrudgingly enjoy the game when I am playing. However if it wasn't for my brother who is fighting pancreatic cancer that LOVES the game I'd be demanding a refund from this shitshow.

Sorry about your bro :(

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
my brother who is fighting pancreatic cancer

I hope he recovers. I have no idea what you two are going through, but I lost my younger brother 3 years ago last month (he was 37 when he died) and it was the single-most traumatic experience of my life due to all the related circumstances. The last year of his life he repeatedly asked me to play Destiny with him on the PS4 and I never got around to it. It will always haunt me.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Sorry about your bro :(
Thanks Ut appreciate it.

Unfortunately his original tumor from about 5 years ago has metastasized and his last treatment wasn't working and was fucking him up good. Possibly going to try immunotherapy but his bilirubin levels need to go down a bit more. Another doctor visit tomorrow and hopefully his levels have gone down enough.
Last bit of derail. We have a genetic disorder called familial adenomatous polyposis. Basically the chromosome that helps keep abnormal/cancerous growths has mutated and does fuck all. Lost several family members because of it.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Thanks Ut appreciate it.

Unfortunately his original tumor from about 5 years ago has metastasized and his last treatment wasn't working and was fucking him up good. Possibly going to try immunotherapy but his bilirubin levels need to go down a bit more. Another doctor visit tomorrow and hopefully his levels have gone down enough.
Last bit of derail. We have a genetic disorder called familial adenomatous polyposis. Basically the chromosome that helps keep abnormal/cancerous growths has mutated and does fuck all. Lost several family members because of it.
My lady went through immunotherapy medical trials at OHSU for stage 4 metastatic malignant melanoma. Next scans in 5 months will mark 5 years cancer-free. Good luck, buddy.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Fired this up today after playing Division 2 the last few days. I dislike myself for paying for this. Lesson learned!

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
My kid is 13. He will play the shit out of anything. Last night at 8:30 he asked if we could stop playing Anthem so he could go to bed.

RIP.

• 3Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My lady went through immunotherapy medical trials at OHSU for stage 4 metastatic malignant melanoma. Next scans in 5 months will mark 5 years cancer-free. Good luck, buddy.
Didn't realize you were a Portland boy? Oregon Health Science University?

• 1Like