Bioware's "Anthem"

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really didn't enjoy the game during the free weekend, but was cautiously optimistic the full release would be better. Guess I'm glad I decided to skip this one.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Not only that but having to go into a separate load screen just to equip/unequip items seems like really bad game design. Why can't I do this in the real world/on the fly?

I'll get my 15 dollars worth but I don't see myself staying much longer after doing all the strongholds.

Molten Core Raider
I really, really, wanted to like this. I've been trying to play it all afternoon and evening but find myself just wanting to turn it off after I accomplish even the smallest thing. Cant see myself wanting to put much more time into it.

This EA premier thing has it's perks at least, think im gonna go play Titanfall 2 again.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Well, I don't know about "Miracle patch" or anything, but it certainly is better optimized since the beta. Flying also feels much better on PC and it runs really well on my system. The load times are terrible though and annoying as feck and I'm running this off an M.2 drive. It's decent flying around ninjaing shit as interceptor, but I'm pretty glad I got it for $1 or whatever. Not sure if I'll have the urge to play past 10 hours but having a decent time so far. Much more so than beta now that it's running smooth(er)

Argarth

On the verandah
Couldn't stomach more than a 30 minute stream.

The story/dialogue manages to surpass Andromeda levels of cringe. Surely, this is the coup de grâce for Bioware.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dont mind the story so far really - what i dislike is im still level 6 and my armor and gear keeps randomly reverting.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Ok I'm done with this. Got to a point in the story where you have to do this weird free play shit to advance the story. One of the objectives is revive a player 3 times. Problem is the game is so easy no one is ever down. I'm level 17 and can't do any missions until I do the 4 tombs in free play. Fucking retarded.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I don't really mind the story. It's no more retarded than Mass Effect's plot. The world is far more interesting too.

Gameplay on the other hand is pretty iffy and my performance hasn't been great.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Ok I'm done with this. Got to a point in the story where you have to do this weird free play shit to advance the story. One of the objectives is revive a player 3 times. Problem is the game is so easy no one is ever down. I'm level 17 and can't do any missions until I do the 4 tombs in free play. Fucking retarded.

lmfao, jesus. I'm already burnt out, all the missions so far are the same thing (Pick up shiny ball and put it in the black toothpick circle). The loading screens are already old.

faille

Molten Core Raider
yeah, I'm done. glad I didn't pay for it
Now I have the itch to play something similar that's been designed properly :(

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Only level 6 so much frustration lies ahead still, but twice now it's taken me so long to load that I nearly get warped to my teammates (more loading) when it's done.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My Origins Premiere sub renewed just a couple days ago, but this seems like as good a time as any to cancel it. Utnayan Utnayan Great balls of Fire!

ee1f378d00284f695be8d546be3a658f.png

• 2Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yup, i'm done too. This game is all load screens, tutorial popups and long annoying conversations. The combat just isn't satisfying and it all amounts to the same thing. There might be a cool story in here somewhere, was starting to get goodish I guess but it just isn't worth it to find out.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Only level 6 so much frustration lies ahead still, but twice now it's taken me so long to load that I nearly get warped to my teammates (more loading) when it's done.

Quick battle....
Load screen...
Too far from team when it's done loading...
Load screen...
When done loading the mission is over....
Load screen....
Full XP and loot from mission, woot!
Oh but I have to go to the forge to equip it...
Load screen....
Oh look, at least my legendary marksman rifle is back.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Tried too watch a stream earlier, and it was load screen central the whole time, wtf did they do to Frostbite Engine ? Even the few BFV streams I've watched have pretty much very limited load screens..

• 1Worf
  • 1Like