Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (2020)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
EEE6EEBB-F2DD-4B13-9503-C2A9D2EA0BAE.png

I swear on my daughters life, this is the 6:05pm showing, in 70 minutes, at my local theater, which is the good theater (food, alcohol, etc). Holy shit. I bought a ticket. Don’t hate

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Left about 40 minutes in. This was TERRIBLE. Margot’s voice is horrible and every second she’s speaking as Harley makes me want to vomit. Whole movie was skinny girls beating up white men. And then this Asian pickpocket kid makes the comment on how she makes money off dumb rich white people. Fuck that shit. I’m glad this piece of shit is bombing at the box office. I hope these SJW pieces of shit learn. I’m fucking SICK of movies shitting on me while wanting my money. Fuck you.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
It's actually amazing how they can't figure out why movies like fucking Wonder Woman were great and so well received! In WW, yes, she beat up white man but it wasn't "white men" it was "evil german soldiers." And it wasn't at the expense of all men being pieces of shit, she had her team her were a variety of races of men, but they were all useful and awesome too, and helped her even though she really didn't need any help. She wasn't just beating up random white men because they were white men. God damn this movie was fucking garbage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

The title probably played a role as well. They probably would have done better going with something a bit more Harley Quinn centric (like literally just Harley Quinn), then squeezing in the Birds of Prey into the plot. That way you bank on the more well known name (to the general audience), then introduce the other DC characters to the audience.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It honestly should be illegal not to go see this movie. We’ll call the price of admission a tax.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I like Margot as Harley Quinn. These movies are just not well made.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I think people are exaggerating the bomb a bit though.

Sure it’s below expectations and far below DCEU movies (they still call it that?), but with about 33-34 Million opening it’s more or less on par with things like Into the Spiderverse or John Wick 2.

If it wasn’t a comic property and just a “zany girls beat up people” movie (with the same opening), it be considered a moderate success.

• 1Popcorn
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I think people are exaggerating the bomb a bit though.

Sure it’s below expectations and far below DCEU movies (they still call it that?), but with about 33-34 Million opening it’s more or less on par with things like Into the Spiderverse or John Wick 2.

If it wasn’t a comic property and just a “zany girls beat up people” movie (with the same opening), it be considered a moderate success.
Except that John Wick 2 had a budget of 40 million and this movie's budget was almost 100 million.

• 3Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Except that John Wick 2 had a budget of 40 million and this movie's budget was almost 100 million.

Sure. Just saying people weren't posting pics of cinema seats and reservation screen shots for John Wick or Into the Spiderverse to spin some weird Breitbart-ideology-war-narrative. People in the cinema were roughly the same.

• 1Picard
  • 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The title probably played a role as well. They probably would have done better going with something a bit more Harley Quinn centric (like literally just Harley Quinn), then squeezing in the Birds of Prey into the plot. That way you bank on the more well known name (to the general audience), then introduce the other DC characters to the audience.
the title, the marketing as the wokest evar! and the fucking R rating. these people have no idea that little girls love the shit out of harley but none of them will see this or they will and be super disappointed.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sure. Just saying people weren't posting pics of cinema seats and reservation screen shots for John Wick or Into the Spiderverse to spin some weird Breitbart-ideology-war-narrative. People in the cinema were roughly the same.
this is the worst performing DC film since Jonah Hex, its a bomb and it will hurt the DCEU more than Justice League.

• 2Like