Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (2020)

Chris

Potato del Grande
this is the worst performing DC film since Jonah Hex, its a bomb and it will hurt the DCEU more than Justice League.
That's impossible because of how large Justice League's budget was and it originally being a bigger IP than Avengers which therefore should have made more money than Avengers.

Sterling

El Presidente
Sure. Just saying people weren't posting pics of cinema seats and reservation screen shots for John Wick or Into the Spiderverse to spin some weird Breitbart-ideology-war-narrative. People in the cinema were roughly the same.
Yeah but with 2.5 times the budget, it needs to make 2.5 times the box office. If it's making the same money it's bombing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really wish DC would just stick to the animated stuff. I have yet to see a single DC movie that I could be arsed to watch beyond the initial sitting. Even Wonder Woman I just fast forward through to the trench bit and the Ares smackdown.

I mean, am I missing something? Have any of them been one tenth as entertaining as say the first Guardians movie or any of the Iron Mans? There's little to no humour in them, they're overly dark and joyless, and the action is usually a hot mess. /oldman

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
if you're fast-forwarding through scenes with Gal Gadot on-screen, then you're doing it wrong

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Wonder Woman is at least in the ballpark of the Iron Man sequels. The first Iron Man is real good though and the first GotG is my favorite MCU movie so none of the DC has come close.

Last edited:

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Screenshot_2020-02-10 Daym HU$TLE Drops ( officialdaymdrops) • Instagram photos and videos(1).png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Sure. Just saying people weren't posting pics of cinema seats and reservation screen shots for John Wick or Into the Spiderverse to spin some weird Breitbart-ideology-war-narrative. People in the cinema were roughly the same.

John Wick 2 opened in 3100 theatres, Birds of Prey opened in 4200 theatres

• 1Like

Goatface

locally, this had more showings per day than the last star wars on opening weekend. our new marquee has 15 showings today.

Cybsled

locally, this had more showings per day than the last star wars on opening weekend. our new marquee has 15 showings today.

February is a pretty quiet time for films anyways. Hard to compare a holiday release with that.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They could have roped me in but the trailers looked like hot garbage. So I skipped it.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I mean, DC is nearly incapable of making a good movie, regardless of which comic they are drawing from, so not sure why anyone is surprised here.

Wonder Woman was probably the best they've done, and even that was like still a B- sort of affair?

Holy shit though you fags need to calm the fuck down about this movie though. You're just as pathetic as all the random nobody blue checkmarks you trawl up from the depths of Twitter, just so you can sit and wank yourselves off about "lol the movie is only mediocre, take that feminism" or whatever the fuck it is you seem to care so much about.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rerun

Molten Core Raider
The marketing for this was shit. They should have just showed more in the previews and let the movie speak for itself.
It was worth my $10. Better than Suicide Squad.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The problem is the character is down right annoying and there are no other 'hook' characters in this movie (at least that they are advertising).

Harley by herself is not a draw.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Movie wasn't called "Harley Quinn" but had a pretentious subtitle.

Posters showed only Harley Quinn with the rest of the cast being tiny, when you should be showing Ewan McGregor who is potentially a box office draw and him playing a villian is unusual.

Posters also gave no clue as to the content or tone of the movie other than "zany" which isn't a genre, it could even be a comedy, who fucking knows.

Harley Quinn makeup made fucking Margot "Wolf of Wall Street" Robbie look like shit on the posters and in the trailers.

Woke marketing from husband of the year 2017 Ewan McGregor talking about feminism, playing a gay character for the massive gay demographic who is not reffered to as gay in the movie. Oh and the younger model he traded his wife in for is in the movie too?

No announced cameo from the wildly popular Joker movie or the up coming The Batman and The Suicide Squad movies.

R rated sequel to a PG-13 movie with characters popular with teen girls.

It's just a cascade of marketing failures.

Can't wait for them to gritty reboot the character in "The Harlequin".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
also for comic book nerds, harley mentions she fell into a pit of chemicals or acid (I can't remember which) in this movie "for Joker". like... WTF? Wouldn't that DESTROY her? She looks completely normal and doesn't move all fucked up, so I just couldn't figure out what the fuck she was talking about. Did she just fall into regular water and Joker told her it was acid?

its stupid as hell in retrospect but the scene in 1989 Batman where Joker (Jack Nicholson) gets all fucked up from falling into acid was neat and interesting, he didn't pop right out and look normal

and yeah it sucks they de-sexed Margot Robbie, one of the hottest women around. The other women are all ugly. Every time Rosie Perez comes on screen you wonder if she is a witch. Also LOL I had no idea Black Canary's actress is the RL sister of famous french actor Jessie Smollet