Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (2020)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I didn't know who Iron Man was and I thought Captain America was fucking stupid, so I didn't go see those movies.

Saw them a few years later on TV and they are some if my favourite superhero movies now.

Comics can be pretty good too!

iron 1.jpg

iron 2.jpg

iron 3.jpg

The build up to Secret Wars (2015) was overall really fun.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tried reading Doctor Strange when I was a kid but the writing was all over the shop. I swear you had to be off your tits for it to make any sense.

I was kind of spoiled though, the comics coming out of Britain back then, predominantly 2000AD, had some of the best writing and art I've ever seen.

Jive Turkey

Karen
I didn't know who Iron Man was and I thought Captain America was fucking stupid, so I didn't go see those movies.

Saw them a few years later on TV and they are some if my favourite superhero movies now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Apparently someone deleted the extras because I only see one now.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Fucking Nazi mods

God Damned Motherfucking nazi mods.

*RabbleRabbleRabbleRabble*

You should load all 8 posts onto a train and concentrate them in the amod thread.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DC need to hire a good writer, good director and take a leap of faith with one of their non- A+ comics. Just write a good non-woke script and make an enjoyable movie for God's sake.

Do a New Gods movie, or the JSA or even the Legion. Just something different. And did I mention non-woke?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
She's not really a side character though. She started that way, but she was wildly popular and has become a major character that has her own comics etc. Many popular comic characters start out as minor characters.

In her own comics she's still a side character, she's just a side character to Poison Ivy instead of Joker, and because its a woman controlling her its empowered I guess. Harley is a needy masochist. She works as an echo/enhancement to someone else who is strong, competent and manipulating. All of her successful comics follow that general theme. Anyone who comes in with the idea of her being a "feminist" and "independent" character already has a fundamental misunderstanding of what is appealing with the character.

I mean, its literally in her name..Harley Quinn...Harlequin, her name is based on what she should be, a servant. And usually a major fuck up. In fact one of her defining qualities is she is athletic and smart but usually fucks up Jokers plans anyway, which is why it looks like a twisted form of love, because Joker always takes her back and she gets attention from him that fuels her masochism and he also gets to continue playing with Batman (Because Harley fucked up his kill). In a twisted way, everyone gets what they want.

But its being a perennial fuck up despite being gifted that is one of her qualities that makes her endearing (She is a reverse Forest Gump) but also ensures she is always garbage on her own. She needs a competent person to be in control so she can play off them. And Joker, despite being a maniac, is super humanely competent, (I mean, he is geneuinly Batman's mirror, in fact he's MORE competent in numerous ways, he matches Batman despite being no match for him physically), as is Poison Ivy. Harley Quinn being on her own and not being someone's bitch is a huge mistake, she doesn't work well that way. She needs that competence to be a foil to and produce the fucked up interactions her character shines a light on.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
In her own comics she's still a side character, she's just a side character to Poison Ivy instead of Joker, and because its a woman controlling her its empowered I guess. Harley is a needy masochist. She works as an echo/enhancement to someone else who is strong, competent and manipulating. All of her successful comics follow that general theme. Anyone who comes in with the idea of her being a "feminist" and "independent" character already has a fundamental misunderstanding of what is appealing with the character.

I mean, its literally in her name..Harley Quinn...Harlequin, her name is based on what she should be, a servant. And usually a major fuck up. In fact one of her defining qualities is she is athletic and smart but usually fucks up Jokers plans anyway, which is why it looks like a twisted form of love, because Joker always takes her back and she gets attention from him that fuels her masochism and he also gets to continue playing with Batman (Because Harley fucked up his kill). In a twisted way, everyone gets what they want.

But its being a perennial fuck up despite being gifted that is one of her qualities that makes her endearing (She is a reverse Forest Gump) but also ensures she is always garbage on her own. She needs a competent person to be in control so she can play off them. And Joker, despite being a maniac, is super humanely competent, (I mean, he is geneuinly Batman's mirror, in fact he's MORE competent in numerous ways, he matches Batman despite being no match for him physically), as is Poison Ivy. Harley Quinn being on her own and not being someone's bitch is a huge mistake, she doesn't work well that way. She needs that competence to be a foil to and produce the fucked up interactions her character shines a light on.
Imagine thinking all this in current year. Does she have a vagina? Then everything you said doesn’t matter and she is awesome grrrrrrrriiiilll power!

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

in, injustice dr. fate (dc's dr strange) said that harley and joke are intertwined by fate, where there is a joker, there is harley. unless joker was punch through the chest by superman, basically removing him from the table by an outside source, harley can never escape the joker on her volition...

then they just said fuck it, we'll make harley a lesbo and hot for poison ivy

• 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in, injustice dr. fate (dc's dr strange) said that harley and joke are intertwined by fate, where there is a joker, there is harley. unless joker was punch through the chest by superman, basically removing him from the table by an outside source, harley can never escape the joker on her volition...

then they just said fuck it, we'll make harley a lesbo and hot for poison ivy
it is pretty silly that they had HQ in just one movie completely devoted to Mr J, he even breaks her out of Arkham (or Iron Heights?) because he was just as devoted to her, then she just fucks off without him off camera at the beginning of this movie. they didnt even give their relationship a chance to develop and give it more meaning for a potential breakup later on. i wonder if they will shit up Aquaman2 too by firing Amber Heard and then play it off as a break up or pretend she never existed. DC is a fucking mess.

Goatface

1582320290404.png

was doing a comparison of movies it was being compared to at different points. it was supposed to do as good as shazam.
then after the weekend they were hoping it would gain momentum like spider-verse. think it is interesting how closely it is following wick2 so far. predictions still have it going over $100m domestic

Sterling

El Presidente
View attachment 250482
was doing a comparison of movies it was being compared to at different points. it was supposed to do as good as shazam.
then after the weekend they were hoping it would gain momentum like spider-verse. think it is interesting how closely it is following wick2 so far. predictions still have it going over $100m domestic
Nice so this movie did ~ 87 percent of the business of Wick 2 which had less than half of the budget of this travesty. I'm sure the marketing allotment was well more than double Wick as well.

Cybsled

Given JW2 and BoP both launched in Feb and their almost identical earnings curve, it does make me wonder if the time of year is playing a significant role in its performance. Feb is usually a soft time of year for films and an almost identical earnings curve and similar type of genre (John Wick and comicbook films have a lot of overlap), makes me wonder how different it may have been if dropped later in the year.