Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty succinct summary of how VET works and why it's so awesome. Worth clicking on the actual Reddit post and reading some of the comments.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wouldn't be surprised to see a second BTC dump today or tomorrow, they tend to come in pairs. I'm buying this dip but going to be using a trailing stop loss on the way up.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'd like to use binance but I am in Texas and its prohibited. How else can I buy VET?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I just made almost full two ETH from what I had last week.

Sold VET for 22 cents, rebought ETH around 2150. I was at like 17.7 before, and now I have 19.6 ETH.

Not sure if it was necessarily "the" play here on this dip, but it should work out for something. I was pondering some of the other "legit" coins like ATOM who just took a 30 percent dive but I'm not sure how fast it'll recover since it's not as popular as the others.
thats pretty great. I'm just holding. not dicking around with trying to make moves on these moonshots.
Don't forget to keep notes for tax season..

Also, WTF at nano. $11.74atm. up 100% over the weekend.

It had been $6->5 since January. overnight shot up to 11 on friday night. up to 14 last night.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I'd like to use binance but I am in Texas and its prohibited. How else can I buy VET?

Use Bittrex to get your money into any coin on their exchange (most likely USDT) then transfer that coin to any other exchange and trade for the coin you really want.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Hey goys I'm trying to set up binance. I really think china is the world leader in bank security, with Switzerland a close second. With these reliable security experts I set up an account, linked my bank account and sent pictures of my ID to them, and put my social security in. Gosh this feels like a nigerian scam. Great thing it's all based out of the trust-worthy banking might of china, where nothing ever goes wrong.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey goys I'm trying to set up binance. I really think china is the world leader in bank security, with Switzerland a close second. With these reliable security experts I set up an account, linked my bank account and sent pictures of my ID to them, and put my social security in. Gosh this feels like a nigerian scam. Great thing it's all based out of the trust-worthy banking might of china, where nothing ever goes wrong.
Cool man. Welcome to the club.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
thats pretty great. I'm just holding. not dicking around with trying to make moves on these moonshots.
Don't forget to keep notes for tax season..

Also, WTF at nano. $11.74atm. up 100% over the weekend.

It had been $6->5 since January. overnight shot up to 11 on friday night. up to 14 last night.
Probably was not the play, looks like VET is bouncing back quicker. We’ll see how this week pans out.

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
Use Bittrex to get your money into any coin on their exchange (most likely USDT) then transfer that coin to any other exchange and trade for the coin you really want.
Do you eat the fees on Bittrex? I found Uhold which wants me to wire for a coin I'm speculating on but Bittrex was an option as well.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Alright so for the one guy on here that might take 4 hours to listen to a fantastic conversation, this may be the best and most complete formulation of the case for Bitcoin I've heard yet. Robert Breedlove is an impressive thinker and he breaks things down better than almost anyone. He is pretty longwinded though.

Just listened to the whole thing. Every time I hear Robert Breedlove talk about Bitcoin I’m both more convinced and more apprehensive that Bitcoin is the Internet of money. It’s a really interesting tension.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just listened to the whole thing. Every time I hear Robert Breedlove talk about Bitcoin I’m both more convinced and more apprehensive that Bitcoin is the Internet of money. It’s a really interesting tension.
Ethereum is the money of the Internet.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Do you eat the fees on Bittrex? I found Uhold which wants me to wire for a coin I'm speculating on but Bittrex was an option as well.

Bittrex has 0 deposit fees and various trading fees can be found here. If you are trading it to another site just find the coin with the lowest trading+withdraw fees.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of fees, I'm really liking Binance's lack of them. Paying $1 to trade from crypto to crypto if I want to switch things up a bit is great. It makes swing trading actually kind of decent.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Alas my swing-trading was halted today by the latest swing. On one up-swing it kept going up, and alas I sold thinking it'd swing back. It managed to clear .24 and stay there and it's meeting resistance every time it goes back towards my sale number (.237). So eventually I got back in at .242. You win some, you lose some. Given all the resistance it's meeting every time it tries to dip, I think it's good now for another ascent. Let's goooooo.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I don't fuck with crypto swing trades. I just buy and hold.

That's the right idea. Since Binance has such low fees and since VET was so up and down this weekend, I went back on my own plan to just leave it alone and did some VET swing-trading. Altogether I think I made about +3%. Not really worth it considering I would have probably made a little more than that by just leaving it alone.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's the right idea. Since Binance has such low fees and since VET was so up and down this weekend, I went back on my own plan to just leave it alone and did some VET swing-trading. Altogether I think I made about +3%. Not really worth it considering I would have probably made a little more than that by just leaving it alone.
That's pretty much been my experience exactly. Anytime I have messed around trying to swing things I end up just thinking I should have left it alone. So I'm going to stick with that from now on.

I'm sure skilled people can make money swinging crypto, but I'm not that skilled. Plus, since crypto just generally tends to keep going up anyway, I might as well leave it alone.

I've heard a hundred stories from people saying they wish they hadn't sold their crypto but not too many people wish they hadn't held on to it.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm a total noob but crypto seems to be a "buy it when it hits lows but don't ever sell" kinda thing. Just add, never subtract.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Tried signing up for Binance, but it sounds like the verification can take up to 15 days. That sucks.