Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
I was going to say... I know the last 10 pages are in English, these are definitely English words from the language that we all share, and yet...

If I came up with Forum currency this fucking complicated and with this many pitfalls I'd be accused of being the PT Barnum of internet forums inside of an hour.

You joke, but this is seriously where I am at with all this. I'm just some dude making $20 an hour, who is looking at all this knowing I am missing out on something that could help me better myself but having no clue where to even start. And the idea of "just Google this shit or go watch some Youtube vids" sounds like a nice recipe for me to blow what little I could start with just to make some memester richer so he can buy more tendies.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
You joke, but this is seriously where I am at with all this. I'm just some dude making $20 an hour, who is looking at all this knowing I am missing out on something that could help me better myself but having no clue where to even start. And the idea of "just Google this shit or go watch some Youtube vids" sounds like a nice recipe for me to blow what little I could start with just to make some memester richer so he can buy more tendies.

And going to the library and reading a bunch of books about stuff you want to learn about sounds like a TERRIBLE idea.

This is what you sound like. And is probably why you’re just some dude making $20 an hour instead of $60 an hour.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

As someone who has blown a lot of what he started with (but overall am up in spite of that), my advice is to not try to swing trade or jump on the FOMO meme stuff as a n00b. Just pick 1 to 3 things that are on a steady upward trend (Ethereum and two others, basically - and again stay away from Doge and other meme stuff), invest what you can afford, and leave it alone. You might feel like you're losing money in the short term if something dips 20% and sits there for a month, but don't sell. If you do, you'll end up like me, destitute and giving out handjobs behind a 7/11 at half of their street value. Just make good choices and hold onto shit. The easiest broker app to use is Coinbase, but Binance is better overall due to lower fees. It isn't too late to make some good savings for the future by just investing wisely and leaving it alone.

Also, dollar cost averaging is the way to go. Invest what you can, then add small amounts to it out of your paychecks. Even if it's like $100 a week or something and means you don't go to restaurants as often. And not only should you not sell on dips (provided you have good upward-trending investments), you should lean into dips and buy more than usual. Most importantly have patience. A lot of us are thinking about five years from now when we're looking at what's worth getting.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

No one who has held Bitcoin or Ethereum for longer than 4 years has lost money. Ever. This is the first thing you need to understand, what little amounts you can buy today will be worth exponential amounts of money later. I held my Ethereum from less than $1 all the way to $1400, and then back down to $70 again. Yes, I could have made a lot of money playing the market, but that's not necessary. Just hold onto it while it develops to a point that you do understand it, because you will. If all you can figure out right now is how to create a wallet and put crypto in it, it will be worth it, but no one can do it for you.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
1. Buy
2. Hold

If you're doing anything else, you're making it more complicated than it is.

I don't think a lot of you guys realize how lucky you are to be on the cusp of generational transfer of wealth.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
A few pages back there was a discussion on funding wallets and lowering fees for transfers. Trying to find it to remember the highlights. MetaMask has the $450 daily limit through both Apple Pay and Card. So looking like maybe I have to go the Coinbase Pro for lower exchange fee?

I know there was a post about recommended fiat exchange and not liking USDT?

I hate browsing on mobile. Need my desktop and three monitors back.

*edit: ah yeah, Coinbase and Gemini

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure Rajaah Rajaah is the George Costanza of Crypto

Doing the opposite is definitely the way to go. Which means time to hold everything, and no more memestonks!

::newspaper from 2022 flies onto the screen saying "Monopoly?? Dogecoin reaches shocking new high of $8300 as other cryptos crash and burn"::

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I love how on the crypto.com site they have a gas fee tracker... which then shows that they're not even in the top 5 on best price for a transaction, but they still put themselves at the top of the list. heh
1620700721688.png

At this point if it's still at this level of stupid when I want to do my next buy in I might just end up doing it on coinbase as the fee there will be less than gas and waiting for ETH gas prices to subside before transferring it and doing other things.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I was going to throw a few hundred bucks at TRU or even a grand. Gas fees $185. Nope! Let's try again tomorrow.
If you see this and it’s not a rape job on gas I would love a post on here from you. I’ve already invested, but would like some more without blowing half my load on the transaction.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
On the other hand.... at these gas fee levels the mining on my wee single 3070 will probably pay off a sizable chunk the PC I am using by the end of the month. ;)

• 1Tendies
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I yolo'd a measly $200 on Doge at .285ish today from my nice gains on a short play on $SNDX. Other than the free shit I got from Coinbase, this is my first time in the crypto world. Going to leave it and forget it.
Bought 500 at .45 myself

Set and forget. I have a feeling come stimmy 4 it will go up again.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Nothing like waking up and seeing a sea of red on my watchlist, but my main bitch is green.

It had some good red hours yesterday too, but I see this a lot. For whatever reason MATIC is frequently green when everything else isn't.

In other news....RatioGang...Ethereum is soon going to hit the "we should be here."

matic.jpg