Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
See, this is another reason that I like TRX so much; you can freeze your coins for bandwidth (gas) or energy, both of which are used on the TRX network for contract processing/fulfilment.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Are the gas fees back down yet?

And I'm liking this dip-fest, time to get more Eth

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
WTAF. You would think the costs would have to come back down from way fewer people trading.

Also it looks like Binance temporarily suspended withdrawals, which explains why it took me FOUR DAYS to get that withdrawal I made last week. It's funny, I reassure people that this is just another way of having a savings account (while hopefully embiggening it), then the one time when I need to make a decent-sized withdrawal for something time-sensitive is the one time when it takes four days.

At the very least, would the gas fees be the same for a larger transaction? I.E. to make it worth it, do a $3000 swap kind of thing. I remember a week ago when I thought my $30 fee (that I had to pay twice) was bad.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
WTAF. You would think the costs would have to come back down from way fewer people trading.

Also it looks like Binance temporarily suspended withdrawals, which explains why it took me FOUR DAYS to get that withdrawal I made last week. It's funny, I reassure people that this is just another way of having a savings account (while hopefully embiggening it), then the one time when I need to make a decent-sized withdrawal for something time-sensitive is the one time when it takes four days.

At the very least, would the gas fees be the same for a larger transaction? I.E. to make it worth it, do a $3000 swap kind of thing. I remember a week ago when I thought my $30 fee (that I had to pay twice) was bad.

you'd have to do the math. maybe in a large dip if you are bullish in the long term. it seems like you like to move in and out a little bit so no point in starting YOUR shorter term investment in the red at a -30% return or something like that to have to climb out. (typo added a zero)

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
you'd have to do the math. maybe in a large dip if you are bullish in the long term. it seems like you like to move in and out a little bit so no point in starting YOUR shorter term investment in the red at a -30% return or something like that to have to climb out. (typo added a zero)

I'm holding now (because it's the opposite of what I want to do)

• 3Diamond Hands
  • 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Truebit FAQ finally posted:
Reading the FAQ, it looks that Truebit has no interest in getting TRU on exchanges?

So, does everyone that buys truebit need to pay these gas fees lol. Can it end up on exchanges without their permission?

Is there any other way to buy truebit without paying the gas fees.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Reading the FAQ, it looks that Truebit has no interest in getting TRU on exchanges?

So, does everyone that buys truebit need to pay these gas fees lol. Can it end up on exchanges without their permission?

I only see a blank space there under his message. Maybe because i'm using Brave? Is it different than their website? (Truebit )

1620754180200.png

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You can buy $TRU directly from the Truebit OS, and the team encourages buying just enough to reward Solvers and Verifiers (cover gas fees, make it worth their effort). Currently the OS minting price is $1.70ish (denominated in ETH it's 0.000422618906349803), so theoretically the price should increase at least to that level once tasks start consuming $TRU.

$TRU can end up on any exchange which chooses to list it, e.g. Binance just listed $SHIB without the $SHIB team ever requesting it. IMO it will end up on all of the big ones eventually.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah... the shitcoin market...

Edit: Ok, basically just the Dogecoin market, but still...
No I meant the stock market in general.

Robinhood has gotten kids investing big chunks of money in the stock market at much younger ages than they normally would. Especially the kids who had nothing to do with their fun-money all pandemic.