Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hype for VET has fallen off a cliff, at least on the various places I read. People might love projects for what they are or do but people flip fast on not giving a shit when they don't pay out.

Coins with a solid use case get hit with hype just like shitcoins. When the hype ends for shitcoins, they die. When hype ends for coins with substance, they correct and then continue to grow. VET was steadily growing in value before the hype and it will continue to grow once it corrects.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Coins with a solid use case get hit with hype just like shitcoins. When the hype ends for shitcoins, they die. When hype ends for coins with substance, they correct and then continue to grow. VET was steadily growing in value before the hype and it will continue to grow once it corrects.
Oh yah, for sure. I remember looking at it when it was 10 cents, then it flew up to 18-19 that one week, and it has barely got any lower than that new bottom. Still a solid buy.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Its insane how many doge cppycats are out there now. Shiba, husky. Even leash coin and cate coins

Don't forget ELON coin that just launched. This market really is turning into a joke. Think I might just put my VET money on Ethereum or MATIC (and some TrueBit once gas normalizes) before I go into full hands-off mode. The VET drop today is certainly disappointing, and given how it was only treading water for a while I don't know if it's going to have any kind of big rebound like something more popular might.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
MATIC going crazy. People are finally figuring it out. ETH’s high gas fees are probably helping it quite a bit. MATIC needs ETH and ETH needs MATIC (to be specific, L2 solutions.)

If it goes up $3 I’m going to be making around $50 a day just on interest which is insane. Could easily be $10 in a year or two I think and do the math on that. Being relatively new to this I’ve come to see how powerful staking or lending is. Of course the more people who do that the rewards will be lower. Still point being, as has been said here many times, if you’re fortunate enough to be in crypto as early as all of us are we’re all going to be making a lot of money relatively quickly.

Is MATIC staking automatic in Binance? That's where mine is lurking.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
lol Jesus, this is hilarious.... now the only question is where to stick a few $k to get the recovery... (couldn't capture them all on the one snip)
1620864325746.png

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is an awesome time to buy. These opportunities don't come along very often. Make sure you are catching it near the bottom though, rather than halfway down.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Don't forget ELON coin that just launched. This market really is turning into a joke. Think I might just put my VET money on Ethereum or MATIC (and some TrueBit once gas normalizes) before I go into full hands-off mode. The VET drop today is certainly disappointing, and given how it was only treading water for a while I don't know if it's going to have any kind of big rebound like something more popular might.

We played EQ together quite a bit, and you are honestly a cool dude.

Please don't buy ETH

• 7Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Dropped under 50K, Coinbase shows "Partially Degraded Service", apparently a lot of people selling? Wondering what you guys think, I think the "environmental impact" could be the first serious threat to BTC's rise.

• 1Worf

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

Dropped under 50K, Coinbase shows "Partially Degraded Service", apparently a lot of people selling? Wondering what you guys think, I think the "environmental impact" could be the first serious threat to BTC's rise.
read the last page

Caliane

bloodbath on just about everything. I think it might be due to the Vitalik, dog coin stuff? I doubt the tesla/bitcoin would hit everything, including Eth like this.

nano +25% though. haha! $11.09 atm.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Read the last sentence of Tesla's statement. It's v clear Musk is transitioning his support from BTC to some other crypto. Pick the right one and you'll make a lot of money. The obvious answer is ETH, but it's Musk, so who knows? It's fun to speculate what's going to happen, but anyone with sense will realize this as a huge opportunity for one or more of the "green" coins (and crypto in general). Go make some money people.

Caliane

Elon/tesla secretly buying Eth could have been a big part of its climb in the last month as well, right?

• 1Like

Break

ETH also uses proof of work, would it be that much more environmentally friendly somehow if it took BTC's place?

Break

I tried transferring some funds into Coinbase just now hoping to speculate a bit on the dip, they claimed it would be INSTANT but they're dirty liars. Price seems to be on an upswing right now too, if it drops again I imagine my funds will mysteriously become available.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Bitcoin's been a real bust for me so far. In 6 weeks it's either flat or down, while ETH and pretty much everything related to it is up more than 100% in the same time frame pretty much across the board. I'm still hodling, but the opportunity cost is juuuuuust a bit aggravating.

Personally I gave up on BTC a while ago. Bought into it at 32k, sold at 59k IIRC, then reinvested that into other things. Aside from that great initial profit, it basically stagnated from then on. I just don't see it having any huge gains and it has a lot of potential for loss. You aren't going to see BTC quadruple in value by the end of next year, but ETH or MATIC could easily do that by the end of THIS year.

Main thing BTC has going for it is that it's #1. With BTC you're looking at a chance of a 10% profit short-term but also a 20% loss is equally likely IMO. Wheras with Eth you're looking at potentially a 50% profit in the same timeframe and very little loss potential since the floor is constantly rising.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
bloodbath on just about everything. I think it might be due to the Vitalik, dog coin stuff? I doubt the tesla/bitcoin would hit everything, including Eth like this.

nano +25% though. haha! $11.09 atm.
Musk has been the champion of crypto to the public for months now. TSLA bought $1.5b worth of BTC in February. He pumped DOGE to the moon.

When he says anything negative about BTC then everything is going to follow. In my opinion in the past and pretty much now BTC leads the way and everything follows in public sentiment.

Vitalik was just fucking with people who were fucking up his network.

Obviously you aren't going to make a 1000% gain on BTC price at $50k. That isn't what i'm saying. BTC leads the crypto market, not necessarily YOUR investment returns.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How does the entire crypto market crash at once and then recover almost all of it? Where did that money go, temporarily? Markets are closed.