Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Elon/tesla secretly buying Eth could have been a big part of its climb in the last month as well, right?
We know institutional investors have been primarily responsible for ETHs recent surge, but we don't necessarily know which ones.

Read the writing on the wall though:

1. Tesla publicly sells a portion of BTC.
2. ETH more than doubles in a month as institutional investors pour money into it.
3. JPMorgan makes the following statement: "Ethereum 2.0 shifts from an energy intensive Proof-of-Work validation mechanism to a much less intensive Proof-of-Stake validation mechanism. As a result, less computational power and energy consumption are needed to maintain the ethereum network."
4. Tesla makes a public statement that essentially drops BTC and advocates support for a more energy-efficient crypto.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I tried transferring some funds into Coinbase just now hoping to speculate a bit on the dip, they claimed it would be INSTANT but they're dirty liars. Price seems to be on an upswing right now too, if it drops again I imagine my funds will mysteriously become available.

Binance is failing all my ACH transfers now for whatever reason. Was fine getting money in the last week. Haven't tried Coinbase.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Binance is failing all my ACH transfers now for whatever reason. Was fine getting money in the last week. Haven't tried Coinbase.
A shit ton of people buying and selling all at once is slowing down the transactions is my guess.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
All the ramps - coinbase, voyager, binance, etc are clogged from the volume.

I sold BTC at $50k and rebought at $47k. saved me some pennies (low was $46,980)

BTC back up to $50k, ETH back up to $4k.

that was a sale.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
ETH also uses proof of work, would it be that much more environmentally friendly somehow if it took BTC's place?

Ethereum 2.0 shifts from an energy intensive Proof-of-Work validation mechanism to a much less intensive Proof-of-Stake validation mechanism. As a result, less computational power and energy consumption are needed to maintain the ethereum network

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
“recover almost all of it”

????
Well they're not down 30 points anymore:

1620866959588.png

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
How does the entire crypto market crash at once and then recover almost all of it? Where did that money go, temporarily? Markets are closed.
Markets are closed? This has what to do with crypto?

edit:

do you think crypto trades during set hours like stocks?

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
It would be nice if someone had recently talked about an altcoin that had the 6th largest marketcap that operates on a PoS system... .(even though James hates it)

the 7th largest is also "green"

No, I'm wondering where that money flees to when it comes out of a ton of coins at once.

Someones bank account, USDC, or converting to something else. Crypto is around the clock

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If PoW really becomes a hinderance to BTC, couldn't they simply switch to PoS also as ETH 2.0 seems to be planning on? Just spitballing

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Binance transactions aren't working for me either. Made a pretty large deposit to "lean into" the down-prices by making a big buy, and it's been processing the bank deposit for 15 minutes.

...cool.

Holding the line on VET BTW

• 1Dislike

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
VET has an intrinsic value in business and is being used by high profile companies, I don’t think there is any chance of it going away and dying off.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
So the thing I've been saying someone should make for like a year

Can't ETH do the same thing?