Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If PoW really becomes a hinderance to BTC, couldn't they simply switch to PoS also as ETH 2.0 seems to be planning on? Just spitballing

Good luck convincing the Bitcoin community that Proof of Stake is the future. Pretty sure they'd rather let the coin die.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Here is a nice tinfoil hat thought for you. What if some really powerful entity with the ability to print unlimited fiat currency was using said unlimited wealth to manipulate the crypto markets to entice mad amounts of churning and generating untold amounts of realized profits which are then, since they are now realized, taxable. Thats one way to pay for an infrastructure bill.

Not reality only because those in the Administration aren't smart enough to come up with the idea. If I was the SEC Treasury I would be yoyo-ing the crypto markets 24/7 365 making people realize gains.

• 1Like
  • 1Triggered
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I hear you on that. The last two months of my SPAC trading before coming to crypto...I could be up easily 2x from where I am now, if not 3x or 4x. Major opportunity cost. February would have been prime time for me to buy into some stuff right before it started to burst in March and April.

I've still got a bunch of money in SPACs that I'd rather have in crypto. However I think that the day after I drop them, they'll probably blow up. They're also all down around 10% overall since they're treading NAV, so I'd be selling at a loss on something that'd be a nice gain if I can be patient. Still, the thought of putting all of that into crypto instead (and probably negating the losses quickly) is appealing, not gonna lie

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I've still got a bunch of money in SPACs that I'd rather have in crypto. However I think that the day after I drop them, they'll probably blow up. They're also all down around 10% overall since they're treading NAV, so I'd be selling at a loss on something that'd be a nice gain if I can be patient. Still, the thought of putting all of that into crypto instead (and probably negating the losses quickly) is appealing, not gonna lie

Is there any way I can get you to put your life savings into shorting ETH?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I might have to invest in crypto now. I want to own Fuck Elon Musk alt-coins.

Screenshot_20210512-221709_Twitter.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
How does the entire crypto market crash at once and then recover almost all of it? Where did that money go, temporarily? Markets are closed.

1) As already noted, nowhere near recovering all of it yet... still down considerably.
2) People spooked by a drop pull money out to stablecoins (DAI/USDC/USDT/etc...) then when they think it's bottomed they re-insert (which does account for some of the bounce).
3) Crypto markets are never closed......

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1) As already noted, nowhere near recovering all of it yet... still down considerably.
2) People spooked by a drop pull money out to stablecoins (DAI/USDC/USDT/etc...) then when they think it's bottomed they re-insert (which does account for some of the bounce).
3) Crypto markets are never closed......
Again, you're missing the point. Also, stablecoins are fucking pointless.

• 1Picard
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Here is a nice tinfoil hat thought for you. What if some really powerful entity with the ability to print unlimited fiat currency was using said unlimited wealth to manipulate the crypto markets to entice mad amounts of churning and generating untold amounts of realized profits which are then, since they are now realized, taxable. Thats one way to pay for an infrastructure bill.

Not reality only because those in the Administration aren't smart enough to come up with the idea. If I was the SEC Treasury I would be yoyo-ing the crypto markets 24/7 365 making people realize gains.

I mean the timing of new investors entering the markets and the IRS hiring thousands of new employees is WEIRD.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
What a dumb statement lol. why are you even in here? CASH is pointless because it ONLY loses value.

highest yield savings account for past couple years is like <2%. you can find many venues to park your cash in coins that will not fluctuate in value and get atleast 5-9%. and for the most part you would be using the same exchange/app whatever as the actual crypto so it takes seconds to convert....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK... you take a pile of dollars. I'll take a pile split between DAI and USDC. Exchanging neither for anything else who do you think will have more in a year?

Protip :
1620876657055.png

Now, from an investing standpoint during a bull market (which we're still in) you only want to have it as a temporary waypoint between investments (if you're swing trading and not shorting). But for those wanting to try to maximize the bull run without shorting it will be essential to pull to stablecoins around the top in order to "hibernate" for bear protection.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user