Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This will probably get the ol' DYOR cold shoulder, but what's the deal with VeChain?

Proof of Authority blockchains are too centralized and therefore vulnerable, it's not a very appealing consensus mechanism for investors -- why move over to a centralized, vulnerable blockchain when several centralized relational databases for supply chain management have already been built and adopted?

Look at Ethereum scaling solutions -- Truebit is the one I'm most excited about, but there are still several things rolling out in the near future you will be able to invest in on the ground floor. zkSync/zkPorter and Optimism are a couple, but even big cap stuff like Chainlink is still an extremely worthwhile investment.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Proof of Authority blockchains are too centralized and therefore vulnerable, it's not a very appealing consensus mechanism for investors -- why move over to a centralized, vulnerable blockchain when several centralized relational databases for supply chain management have already been built and adopted?

Look at Ethereum scaling solutions -- Truebit is the one I'm most excited about, but there are still several things rolling out in the near future you will be able to invest in on the ground floor. zkSync/zkPorter and Optimism are a couple, but even big cap stuff like Chainlink is still an extremely worthwhile investment.
Thanks dude. Like I said, I'm still a total noob, but this will help focus my searches a bit better. I appreciate it

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
This will probably get the ol' DYOR cold shoulder, but what's the deal with VeChain? I've got a bit of money in ADA and Matic, but was too late to the party to see the really big returns someone getting onboard in January would be seeing. So I've been looking at coins that are still low cost that seem to have potential, that are maybe in the same phase matic or Cardano might've been at a few months ago. VeChain fits that bill, but it's been languishing between .24 and .14 for the last little while. Why is that? I realize any answers will be speculation, but I can't find shit anywhere else. It seems like something that would be desirable in the supply chain sector. There seems to be a lot of money and potential in supply chain in general. They seem to be acquiring a fair number of partners to use their application. But their price has been stagnant. Is supply chain just slow to adopt? I was considering putting $1000 in while it's down around .12 and seeing what happens. I tried to jump on the .06 this morning but had no luck.
You guys seemed pretty hot on them recently. Was that just because of their initial pump that happened at the beginning of the year? I'm looking long term, so I'm not expecting $2.00 in a couple months or anything close to that. But is there a chance they're just done?

VET has a great use case and several promising "partnerships" with big corps. They are also yet to be listed on several big exchanges and there is a reasonable expectation that when they are VET will get a nice bump. These are the positives.

The negatives are that it's unclear how much potential the coin has to actually live up to its grand use case. Sure the idea is good, but is the coin actually useful? There is also a reason to believe that the word "partnerships" is being used with more enthusiasm than accuracy by VET. Finally, it's a Chinese company. Obviously that doesn't mean it won't succeed, but if you know anything about how China operates it could be a reason to be cautious. These are the negatives.

I own quite a bit of VET. I question its long-term success, but I am fairly confident in significant short-term gains, especially when it eventually gets listed on the major exchanges.

That's my VET scouting report anyway, for what it's worth.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Were they forced?

Or paper hands?
The key takeaway should be there were so many forced liquidations.

You Dont Say Angelina Jolie GIF

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

Looking up zkPorter found some interesting tech dialog between Vitalik and a random guy and also Mark Cuban joins in on a random reddit thread. security, transactions per second talk, and L2 stuff. Wild -

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

That's what I was asking, were they?

We can prolly assume some portion were, but I don't remember seeing anything stating they were outside of your post.

Arguing fuel mileage with a lawyer that got his panties in a wad, so if I'm missing the humor... Bandwagon Bandwagon can attest I'm pretty dense at times. Lol

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Put $500 a piece into ETH and BTC at the current dip. Roughly $2k and $38k respectively.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if we're just going to get daily barrages of FUD from now on.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

We can prolly assume some portion were, but I don't remember seeing anything stating they were outside of your post.

Arguing fuel mileage with a lawyer that got his panties in a wad, so if I'm missing the humor... Bandwagon Bandwagon can attest I'm pretty dense at times. Lol
The linked

My bad. I went back and reread the tweet. I thought I saw "forced" liquidation. I stand corrected.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You have to enter you bank username and password on coinbase to buy? This seems safe. I know this has been gone over in the thread before but is this what people are doing?

What happens if I change my bank password afterwards?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The linked

My bad. I went back and reread the tweet. I thought I saw "forced" liquidation. I stand corrected.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I barely pay attention, so I regularly assume I missed something.

Even if I am an asshole when asking. Lol

Figured there might be leveraged positions that got called when everything crashed

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I barely pay attention, so I regularly assume I missed something.

Even if I am an asshole when asking. Lol

Figured there might be leveraged positions that got called when everything crashed
I think some might be honestly. The use of leverage since the beginning of the year in crypto has probably increased 10-100x (hehe)

Daezuel Daezuel you "LINK" your bank account to the exchanges so you can make deposits/withdrawals in and out directly.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking up zkPorter found some interesting tech dialog between Vitalik and a random guy and also Mark Cuban joins in on a random reddit thread. security, transactions per second talk, and L2 stuff. Wild -

Yeah, that's a good one. Vitalik is surprisingly active on reddit, spend some time trolling through his posts if you want to see what the foremost crypto expert is thinking about. ZK rollups weren't supposed to be working for another 2-3 years, btw, which is why initially sharding was going to come before PoS. The fact that zkSync is coming out so soon is extremely exciting, can't wait to see this tech in play.

Jive Turkey

Karen

I feel like I'm Mark Cuban in these discussions "I have no idea what you're talking about, but what can it be used for and who will be using it? What happens to you when Ethereum shores up that issue themselves?"

I have a lot to learn

Caliane

You have to enter you bank username and password on coinbase to buy? This seems safe. I know this has been gone over in the thread before but is this what people are doing?

What happens if I change my bank password afterwards?
no don't do that. if you deny it, you should be able to get the old fashioned method of entering in your routing and acct numbers. where they then send a few pennies to confirm.

that 3rd party bank account info tool, downloads your bank history, and sells the data. fuck that shit. coinbase is not the only one that uses that bullshit.