Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
You have to enter you bank username and password on coinbase to buy? This seems safe. I know this has been gone over in the thread before but is this what people are doing?

What happens if I change my bank password afterwards?
Venmo works the same way. It's actually a secure API used by a lot of payment processing companies now. Giving out your routing number and bank account number is actually the least safe thing ever.

Fintech is pretty cool.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
no don't do that. if you deny it, you should be able to get the old fashioned method of entering in your routing and acct numbers. where they then send a few pennies to confirm.

that 3rd party bank account info tool, downloads your bank history, and sells the data. fuck that shit. coinbase is not the only one that uses that bullshit.

Venmo works the same way. It's actually a secure API used by a lot of payment processing companies now. Giving out your routing number and bank account number is actually the least safe thing ever.

Fintech is pretty cool.
Ok which is it lol. Also, is coinbase not the place to buy Polygon/MATIC?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The old fashioned way is widely accepted but it was never a good idea. It's actually insane when you think about it. Everything about the checking system is insane when you think about it.

When you log into your bank info through the API, your password is not actually being given to Coinbase, an auth token to access your account is being exchanged.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
How many dips we buying today?

Sometimes I'm not sure if you're a serious poster or not, but Ethereum is what I'd go with if I were in the buying market today, easy. VET might be a good bet too if it's still around 10 cents. I'm not doing any buying because I haven't taken anything out of my MATIC consolidation during all this. If I had cashed out and had lots of money to throw around I'd likely go 80 Eth / 20 VET as a split.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone ever had their banking info hacked from a 3rd party?

That is literally why the APIs exist.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
You have to enter you bank username and password on coinbase to buy? This seems safe. I know this has been gone over in the thread before but is this what people are doing?

What happens if I change my bank password afterwards?

On Binance it was just driver's licence and new photo. Still seems like a lot of info to give out, but at least it's not banking info

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

You can buy on Coinbase or Binance.us or various other places. What you may be looking for is a place to move your real USD in to a wallet. Which Coinbase will let you do, Binance.us, Coinbase Pro, Gemini, etc.. Which you can then use to buy MATIC through them or after a holding period of 10 days move it to another wallet and trade elsewhere.

You can do it directly through something like MetaMask also but I moved $500 in there and the fees were more expensive.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This will probably get the ol' DYOR cold shoulder, but what's the deal with VeChain? I've got a bit of money in ADA and Matic, but was too late to the party to see the really big returns someone getting onboard in January would be seeing. So I've been looking at coins that are still low cost that seem to have potential, that are maybe in the same phase matic or Cardano might've been at a few months ago. VeChain fits that bill, but it's been languishing between .24 and .14 for the last little while. Why is that? I realize any answers will be speculation, but I can't find shit anywhere else. It seems like something that would be desirable in the supply chain sector. There seems to be a lot of money and potential in supply chain in general. They seem to be acquiring a fair number of partners to use their application. But their price has been stagnant. Is supply chain just slow to adopt? I was considering putting $1000 in while it's down around .12 and seeing what happens. I tried to jump on the .06 this morning but had no luck.
You guys seemed pretty hot on them recently. Was that just because of their initial pump that happened at the beginning of the year? I'm looking long term, so I'm not expecting $2.00 in a couple months or anything close to that. But is there a chance they're just done?

I wish I knew for sure. VET is something that should be a good performer but it's having issues catching on. It'll get big sooner or later I think.

One thing is for sure, getting into this stuff to get rich quick is a good way to get poor quick (stole that from that Lark guy). You're not that likely to hit a jackpot. Success seems to go with getting in early, and if you don't get in early the profits are small in comparison, the chance of being a bagholder goes way up, etc.

So how do you get in early? Well, adopt something in its infancy. TrueBit is still super early in its development. Also take a look at linear time. Right now we're late in the 2013-present crypto timeline but we're pretty early in the 2013-2030 crypto timeline. You can still be an early adopter even now in some cases, just don't bail when you gain or lose 10% one day.

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
WAIT CRYPTO ISN'T FREE DIAMOND HANDS! YOU CAN LOSE MONEY?

• 1Diamond Hands

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Sometimes I'm not sure if you're a serious poster
laugh laughing GIF

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
no don't do that. if you deny it, you should be able to get the old fashioned method of entering in your routing and acct numbers. where they then send a few pennies to confirm.

that 3rd party bank account info tool, downloads your bank history, and sells the data. fuck that shit. coinbase is not the only one that uses that bullshit.
Depending on who you bank with, having multiple bank accounts is the way to go. I have 5 different accounts (I pay no fees for them). I have one core account that is never, ever connected to any outside source and the other four I use for various things (one connected to Fidelity only etc). I can automatically move funds between them on a whim. Its the best thing ever and adds a nice layer of security.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Molten Core Raider
I have 2, an account connected to my trading accounts and crypto websites, that I keep a close eye on, but doesn't have much money, and that's all it gets used for, and then my main account. I can move money between them if I need to, but it takes a little more time. I figure this way if something ever does go wrong, hopefully there is some separation enough to keep me out of trouble!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users