Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I have been told that this is ok because ransomware has happened before crypto. To the moon we go.
at least it's clear you have sided with the real criminals:

one of many examples

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
at least it's clear you have sided with the real criminals:

one of many examples
That seems like a weird leap of logic; a leap right off a cliff of retarded. What does Barclays have to do with governments considering increases in a particular type of a crime arising from availability of crypto?

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
That seems like a weird leap of logic; a leap right off a cliff of retarded. What does Barclays have to do with governments considering increases in a particular type of a crime arising from availability of crypto?
based on your posts, you are anti-decentralization. you say crypto is only good for ransomware. I would imagine you can see how those items are related to large banking institutions? you are harping on pennies with emerging tech yet seemingly content with the existing system supporting and profiting from actual crimes regularly with much larger sums involved. should i just post a few white collar crime news reports everytime you post some dumb thing about ransomware?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
based on your posts, you are anti-decentralization. you say crypto is only good for ransomware. I would imagine you can see how those items are related to large banking institutions? you are harping on pennies with emerging tech yet seemingly content with the existing system supporting and profiting from actual crimes regularly with much larger sums involved. should i just post a few white collar crime news reports everytime you post some dumb thing about ransonware?
The only thing a semi intelligent person would get out of my posts in this thread is that I believe crypto is facilitating the massive increase in ransomware and that Tether is a dumpster fire ponzi scheme that is going to implode. Anything else is a projection of a weaker intellect.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I’m wormie: “Guns facilitated the massive increase in murders in 2021.”

Or, cybercrime will continue to increase irregardless of crypto. And companies capitulating will continue to encourage it. And the US gov not publicly hanging these people is a boon for it.

Just like guns aren’t the root cause to black people killing each other in urban areas.

But muh crypto.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I’m wormie: “Guns facilitated the massive increase in murders in 2021.”

Or, cybercrime will continue to increase irregardless of crypto. And companies capitulating will continue to encourage it. And the US gov not publicly hanging these people is a boon for it.

Just like guns aren’t the root cause to black people killing each other in urban areas.

But muh crypto.
I am Tmac, I think apples are oranges.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
based on your posts, you are anti-decentralization. you say crypto is only good for ransomware. I would imagine you can see how those items are related to large banking institutions? you are harping on pennies with emerging tech yet seemingly content with the existing system supporting and profiting from actual crimes regularly with much larger sums involved. should i just post a few white collar crime news reports everytime you post some dumb thing about ransomware?

wormie wormie is just repeating negative articles he reads. He’s channeling his inner Rease in the wrong thread.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
wormie wormie some boomer stuff for you (they are a starring figure on your chart)

anything so the already rich old fucks can keep their money and take others

View attachment 361293

why is this insane? the us now negotiates with terrorists and the government told private companies they'll get zero assistance so it's open season. this is perfectly reasonable

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
The only thing a semi intelligent person would get out of my posts in this thread is that I believe crypto is facilitating the massive increase in ransomware and that Tether is a dumpster fire ponzi scheme that is going to implode. Anything else is a projection of a weaker intellect.
Seems like it's facilitating a demand for cyber security jobs and exposing a surprisingly significant lax of cyber security in corporate U.S.A. This is just another thing a market needs to respond to (and will).

Tether is trash.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Seems like it's facilitating a demand for cyber security jobs and exposing a surprisingly significant lax of cyber security in corporate U.S.A. This is just another thing a market needs to respond to (and will).

Tether is trash.
I dont disagree with any of this. Problem is there is no way security market will respond in time so governments will, eventually, step in.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
why is this insane? the us now negotiates with terrorists and the government told private companies they'll get zero assistance so it's open season. this is perfectly reasonable

No, no. See, wormie read some articles about regulation and he wants to make sure all the crypto-bros know how smart he is and how dumb they are.

They US Government is impotent to the super sekret haxxors of the crypto underworld.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I dont disagree with any of this. Problem is there is no way security market will respond in time so governments will, eventually, step in.

Out government has very publicly said they won’t step in within the last month. So, you’re wrong again.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
If it's one thing I trust, it's the government!

In this very precise example, you totally could've. Joe Biden promised to be a limp-wristed leader and capitulate to criminals. He's building quite the legacy in this regard.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
VICE news AMA on El Salvador + BTC:
Emphasis mine here:
A lot of the people who are most excited about Bitcoin in El Salvador are not people who live in El Salvador, they're Bitcoin enthusiasts and investors. The people who have been most enthusiastically pushing Bitcoin in El Salvador are not the locals, they are an anonymous Bitcoin donor, the American who runs Bitcoin Beach, and the folks who run the Strike app. This is not to say people in El Salvador can't be excited about, have no agency, or won't be helped by it. But I think we should still consider that this was not a bottom-up solution piloted by Salvadorans. I also think we should be skeptical of President Bukele's motivations as well. He has gotten incredible press around this particular decision but is a controversial President with authoritarian tendencies.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm skeptical of any president whose name I usually read at first glance as "President Bukake"

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user