Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
We are getting a crypto trend reversal today. Friday evenings have been a significant down day for crypto for quite a while, but we just got a big bump. Checking around I'm seeing lots of hype (as opposed to the normal FUD). Wonder if the accumulation phase is coming to an end and we are going to head back up. The Amazon news might be spurring this bump but I'm seeing several other positive articles etc too.

Screenshot 2021-07-23 171505.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope you two retards understand that this means absolutely nothing since no one was swapping those tokens through the Uniswap front end anyway. Who am I kidding, of course you don't.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I hope you two retards understand that this means absolutely nothing since no one was swapping those tokens through the Uniswap front end anyway. Who am I kidding, of course you don't.
You seem to have a metric ton of info and knowledge of the crypto space. But you also come off as such a crypto perma bull that there is no apparent contemplation of any possible pitfalls. It's very analogous to TSLA perma bulls.

Personally I hope you are right on everything because fiat currency has a lot of issues and a future alternativewould be great. I also hope your cheerleading doesn't blind you to risks.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of course I'm right, everyone who understands crypto agrees with me. If you're doubting crypto as a whole because the Uniswap front-end restricted some tokens no one swaps through the Uniswap front end anyway, it's obvious that you don't.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you think believing in crypto is the equivalent of being a fucking Lumi, you're basically someone saying the internet is a fad in 2006.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This is exactly right.

And it includes BTC.

True except in BTC case almost everyone needs to agree to the changes and good luck getting that to happen. The last time there was a protocol change it was a pretty big deal and that's how we ended up with Bitcoin cash & Bitcoin gold.. looks like that was 4 years ago.

No single person can control BTC. You can fork it, but it will be useless if nobody else wants to adopt it.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can understand why you think not acknowledging pitfalls of crypto is being perma-bull, but the reality is that you don't understand what you're talking about and what you've presented is not a pitfall whatsoever.

EDIT: Saying that the Uniswap front-end is centralized and thus the protocol is subject to control is making the argument that accessing the blockchain through the web whatsoever means the protocol is centralized, which is fucking stupid. I don't know how else to explain it so that it makes sense, maybe figure out wtf a blockchain is first? I don't know where you're going so wrong.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I can understand why you think not acknowledging pitfalls of crypto is being perma-bull, but the reality is that you don't understand what you're talking about and what you've presented is not a pitfall whatsoever.
I understand enough to know how little I know. I understand enough to invest in Crypto and be profitable. I understand enough to know to never to invest on hopium or faith. I understand the difference between blockchain technology and crypto currencies and why I support one while being skeptical of the other.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You'll come to understand one day that blockchains don't really function without the economic incentives cryptocurrencies provide.

• 1Solidarity

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Yes you can use other front-ends to access Uniswap protocol. No this isn't a good sign of things to come. This is evidence that the developers can be leaned on, the protocol can be manipulated.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boy do I have some news for you regarding Bitcoin's ecosystem, then. Did you hear Jack Dorsey is going to start developing in the Bitcoin ecosystem?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Boy do I have some news for you regarding Bitcoin's ecosystem, then. Did you hear Jack Dorsey is going to start developing in the Bitcoin ecosystem?
Yup, Square is looking into developing hardware wallets. This sort of thing is inevitable. I'd like for it to be a good thing, maybe it is... Certainly unsettling though. I'm cautiously optimistic about Jack's involvement with BTC. He says a lot of the right stuff but I won't be surprised at all if he ends up causing more harm than good. We'll see.

In better news the superior Bitcoin Jack (Mallers) is offering 0 fee Bitcoin purchases via Strike on the Lightning Network

• 1Like