Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
James is right about Uniswap. Them removing some tokens from their front end isn't a big deal. You can add any token you want in metamask and swap inside the wallet. Furthermore there are alternative token swapping contracts regardless, so if Uniswap decided to go on a ban spree, they would just migrate to another service that copy and pasted the DeFi code similar to how Uniswap copied Bancor, which invented AMM. (poor Bancor) You can't stop token trading, it's out of the bag.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yup, Square is looking into developing hardware wallets. This sort of thing is inevitable. I'd like for it to be a good thing, maybe it is... Certainly unsettling though. I'm cautiously optimistic about Jack's involvement with BTC. He says a lot of the right stuff but I won't be surprised at all if he ends up causing more harm than good. We'll see.

In better news the superior Bitcoin Jack (Mallers) is offering 0 fee Bitcoin purchases via Strike on the Lightning Network

If you think Jack's involvement is a good thing you are crazy. Odds are Jack will require a social credit score check each time you access your wallet and will lock you out if your score falls below a certain wrongthink level and only let you back in after you spend time in a re-education "facility".

• 2Like
  • 1Midwit
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Going to play devil's advocate for social media companies: they are likely censoring much more than they actually want to because they are being pressured by government actors. Democrats are threatening to break up their companies over it. But that doesn't excuse all of it and I certainly have complaints.

Anyway, Dorsey said he wanted to develop an open source platform for Bitcoin DeFi, adhering to Bitcoin's core ethos. That basically just means putting out some code for people to use however they want. That's not control and nobody is forced to use it. I don't see a problem.

Hardware wallets already exist, he's making another one. Don't use his. Who cares.

• 1Like
  • 1Midwit
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well boys, it's on. Insider reporting Amazon to begin accepting BTC and put out its own token by 2022. Assuming this is confirmed (and that's a big assumption) it's hard to imagine how big of a catalyst this is going to be for cryptocurrencies. Hope everyone has their positions already set.

Interesting that the article uses the word "token" instead of "coin" for Amazon's supposed proprietary offering...

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Going to play devil's advocate for social media companies: they are likely censoring much more than they actually want to because they are being pressured by government actors. Democrats are threatening to break up their companies over it. But that doesn't excuse all of it and I certainly have complaints.

Anyway, Dorsey said he wanted to develop an open source platform for Bitcoin DeFi, adhering to Bitcoin's core ethos. That basically just means putting out some code for people to use however they want. That's not control and nobody is forced to use it. I don't see a problem.

Hardware wallets already exist, he's making another one. Don't use his. Who cares.

Google wanted a better search engine that anyone could quickly and easily find anything on the internet.
YouTube wanted a site anyone could use to post any kind of video after they couldn't find the Janet Jackson Superbowl vid.
Facebook wanted a website anyone could connect through and eventually share their thoughts on any topic.
Twitter wanted an easier way to quickly post thoughts or link to articles about any topic.

Noone is forced to use any of these platforms. Yet, as the de facto platforms, they collectively control and manipulate any and all information. Given that Dorsey is onboard with controlling narratives and censoring certain truths, I would be suspicious of anything he's a part of.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
btc just went from 37k to 39k in a 1 minute candle lol. 35k to 36k took a bit over an hour and then I look away 5 min and boom 39k.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I trust Dorsey before the other tech company CEOs, but that's not saying a lot. He pushes back on congress the most, and tells them to their faces that he doesn't think they should have the power to censor, and admitted that Twitter should not have censored the Hunter Biden laptop story. He's in a position where employees are literally walking off the job because Twitter is allowing 'hate speech' and the fucking CIA is saying such and such is a Russian disinformation campaign to meddle in our elections. He's kinda fucked either way he goes. But again, that doesn't excuse everything.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I trust Dorsey before the other tech company CEOs, but that's not saying a lot.
Jack doesn't have controlling ownership over Twitter. He does for Square. I'm not really willing to defend him much further than pointing that out. Man may have learned a lesson

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nice opportunity to scrape some profits if you were waiting for a nice pop upwards...
466 BTC traded on that candle. About 17 million $$

1627263740799.png

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Of course this happens after I closed my margin long on Sovryn about 18 hours ago. Not that it was a large position since I was just trying it out.

Unfortunately fees for margin trading there are batshit insane and I've had contracts fail to execute on me, so I won't be using it much until it's improved. God I miss Bitmex

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
back in the green on btc, time to sell and pay for tooth extract/implant!

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dude what are you doing, don't waste that money on something stupid like a goddamn tooth. Buy some fuckin $INUBIS like a big brain: DEXTools.io

• 1Worf
  • 1Diamond Hands
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
China stocks getting hammered on trade rhetoric. Both sides posturing. The clampdown on China Ed stocks leading to softness across the board.