Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i've dump the crypto into sol since when it was 60, seems to be the only stable winner so far
91b573bc72f156ef2e5eafb6fec261d4.png

i don't think matic is good no more

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
i've dump the crypto into sol since when it was 60, seems to be the only stable winner so far
91b573bc72f156ef2e5eafb6fec261d4.png

i don't think matic is good no more

What makes you say MATIC isn't good no more?

SOL is one I've had my eye on for a while. Unfortunately I never got into it.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The kind of gas fees that make me proud of my single nVidia card I have mining away while my computer idles...
1630382645689.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you have a technical reason underpinning that feeling or are you just looking at the price action? What has MATIC done since the massive Titan failure that makes you believe in the ecosystem?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Do you have a technical reason underpinning that feeling or are you just looking at the price action? What has MATIC done since the massive Titan failure that makes you believe in the ecosystem?

Are you TRYING to tank the market?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Mainly the price action. I'm partial to MATIC because it was my biggest earner (besides the initial Bitcoin doubling). If people are really souring on Polygon that much, I might get out next time it gets up to that 1.60ish area where I wouldn't be taking a loss, like I would if I got out now. Regardless of the lumps it took over the summer, MATIC still rebounds with everything else as far as I can tell.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mainly the price action. I'm partial to MATIC because it was my biggest earner (besides the initial Bitcoin doubling). If people are really souring on Polygon that much, I might get out next time it gets up to that 1.60ish area where I wouldn't be taking a loss, like I would if I got out now. Regardless of the lumps it took over the summer, MATIC still rebounds with everything else as far as I can tell.

I have yet to read anything that makes me concerned about my sizable MATIC investment. But you know, not investment advice, DYOR, etc etc

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Solana is looking kind of spicy right now, not gonna lie. (At the time of writing this it has spiked downward from the huge high it was riding earlier in the day, so I'm curious to see if it spikes upward again from this).

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
My thing with matic is that it doesn't seem to work as advertised. It's supposed to be where people go when main ETH network gas fees are too high, right? But matic pretty much just follows the price of ETH regardless of gas fees or ETH traffic. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's horrible or anything, it's pretty stable as far as these things go and may yet show slightly better growth than ETH. But so far from what I can see the use case for it is a failure and it's just another also-ran coin that has exhausted most of its potential to grow at a much faster rate than ETH.

Just my own opinion and I'm far from expert here though, caveat caveat caveat

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
My thing with matic is that it doesn't seem to work as advertised. It's supposed to be where people go when main ETH network gas fees are too high, right? But matic pretty much just follows the price of ETH regardless of gas fees or ETH traffic. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's horrible or anything, it's pretty stable as far as these things go and may yet show slightly better growth than ETH. But so far from what I can see the use case for it is a failure and it's just another also-ran coin that has exhausted most of its potential to grow at a much faster rate than ETH.

Just my own opinion and I'm far from expert here though, caveat caveat caveat

I have similar questions. Im personally convinced that it is a super useful project with a bright future, regardless of ETH 2.0. BUT there is no doubt that it's a speculative and risky investment. But honestly I don't think it's any more risky than something like Solana (I'd actually argue it's a little less risky).

If you want a safe investment, buy ETH or BTC. Anything else is speculative and risky. At that point, just find a few projects with a use case and a team you believe in and hope for the best. I personally believe in MATIC and their team just like I believe in VET and their team, but I could be dead wrong on both counts.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I would argue that MATIC isn't even the most interesting L2 for Ethereum. xDAI seems to be getting more use by quite a bit. I don't pay much attention to this though so DYOR. MATIC is Chinese too IIRC

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would argue that MATIC isn't even the most interesting L2 for Ethereum. xDAI seems to be getting more use by quite a bit. I don't pay much attention to this though so DYOR. MATIC is Chinese too IIRC

The team is Indian

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dunno why there isn't more talk of $FLOKI, it's a multiple billion dollar project imo.

1630439483275.png

EDIT: Are you guys not doing your own research? NGMI.

EDIT2: Friendly reminder that Deadbears NFT is still minting and converted 70 ETH to $FLOKI at $60m market cap: Deadbears NFT

They're working on allowing you to stake bears in return for $FLOKI now.

Last edited: