Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Flobee

Vyemm Raider

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has called on the government to mine cryptocurrency use spare power infrastructure.

Lukashenko spoke at the opening of the Petrikovsky mining and processing plant on Aug. 27, urging workers to move into crypto mining in Belarus instead of pursuing low-paying farming positions abroad, Russian news agency RBC reported.

The president said that Belarus has enough electricity resources to power cryptocurrency mining, pointing to abandoned industrial sites that could be used to generate revenue. Lukashenko stated:

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm officially taking my big W on my Greyscale ETHE shares, not holding this shit going into a holiday weekend.

I'll be looking into buying into real ETH on a real exchange.

• 1Paper Hands
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm officially taking my big W on my Greyscale ETHE shares, not holding this shit going into a holiday weekend.

I'll be looking into buying into real ETH on a real exchange.

Let us know if you find a worthwhile exchange.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this week is all just about sol

binance just opened trading on sol this morning too, probably why its rockin ath

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Solana is going to end up a lot like Polygon, fwiw. Sooner rather than later too I think, but it could pump the rest of the year who knows.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Arrested Development Flirt GIF

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Anyone sell their MATIC?
Not I. Mine is also mostly tied up in LP and Vaults right now... Doing pretty OK for myself. I am wondering what changed this morning to cause the very beefy spike in volume during this drive up on it. I haven't seen any announcements or huge new project drops on Polygon lately.....

On another topic, does anybody have a reference/link for whatever hit this morning for $ADA? Something about a ton of DEXs on ADA having issues because you can only get one smart contract transaction in per block? (which would essentially make DEXs useless on ADA...)

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not I. Mine is also mostly tied up in LP and Vaults right now... Doing pretty OK for myself. I am wondering what changed this morning to cause the very beefy spike in volume during this drive up on it. I haven't seen any announcements or huge new project drops on Polygon lately.....

On another topic, does anybody have a reference/link for whatever hit this morning for $ADA? Something about a ton of DEXs on ADA having issues because you can only get one smart contract transaction in per block? (which would essentially make DEXs useless on ADA...)

Yeah VET had a big volume spike right about the same time I think. Not really sure of the cause.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why try to get on board if the train has already left the station and is hauling ass down the track? You'll just get run over. Be patient and wait for the next stop.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Why try to get on board if the train has already left the station and is hauling ass down the track? You'll just get run over. Be patient and wait for the next stop.

Yeah, I think this swing up in MATIC is probably related to ETH. MATIC got a bit suppressed around the EIP-1559 timeframe, I think because people thought it was going to cause greatly reduced gas fees, which would have undercut the primary value prop of MATIC. People are now realizing that it's not affecting Gas fees at all (maybe even raising them?!?) so the MATIC fire re-ignites.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I think this swing up in MATIC is probably related to ETH. MATIC got a bit suppressed around the EIP-1559 timeframe, I think because people thought it was going to cause greatly reduced gas fees, which would have undercut the primary value prop of MATIC. People are now realizing that it's not affecting Gas fees at all (maybe even raising them?!?) so the MATIC fire re-ignites.
in the early summer btc/eth/matic were in lock step, now all 3 are diverging from each other

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK, the hubbub earlier involving $ADA had to do with what's called UTXO and eUTXO. Apparently there are aspects of this which could limits Cardano, but are solvable. SandaeSwap wrote a decent article on it. Although they also didn't disclose what solution they're implementing to get around it.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blockchain MMORPG:

They just released More Loot cause Loot was way too expensive, they are entirely free to mint + gas, DYOR!

EDIT: Actually, this does need its own thread tomorrow, but where does it go?!

Last edited:

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
"Many people missed the Loot mint event, and at the time of writing the Loot floor price was 13 ETH. So is most everyone going to be priced out from playing and participating around Loot?"

wait... what? Floor price of 13 ETH? Is that what it costs to play the game or how much it costs to buy stuff from the game itself?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
"Many people missed the Loot mint event, and at the time of writing the Loot floor price was 13 ETH. So is most everyone going to be priced out from playing and participating around Loot?"

wait... what? Floor price of 13 ETH? Is that what it costs to play the game or how much it costs to buy stuff from the game itself?
I see this as the hurdle for ANY NFT based game. If all loot/gear/character acquisition costs an ETH gas fee then until those are reasonable (and I mean reasonable as in probably sub $2 USD) it won't be able to get a crowd of real consistent gamers. You'll get some people who might play the game, but only as a side notion to the speculation on NFT prices.

For example, let's say we're playing NFT enabled Vanilla WoW. You're at level 60, you get the mats from drop, but to make your Hand of Rag it will cost you a transaction fee to mint the Hand of Ragnaros NFT. Even at $70 (say a $2-5 fee for the playform + ETH transaction fee) that's not that bad. The problem is that would also mean a low level green drop off a random mob in Westfall would also be a $65 transaction fee to mint.

Same would be an issue in FPS games like Borderlands, or games like Fortnite.

This might be what gives MATIC a real leg up. a nickle for a transaction? Yeah, I'd drop a nickle on every green drop I got while leveling in Wow...

And yeah, we might be at the point of warranting a full blown NFT thread...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user