Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems every day some random altcoin moons. Even BAT which has been quite stable is suddenly up 50%.

Even XMR which was an unintentional stablecoin is moving.

Still think this is a bubble but it's got some legs to it it seems. Closed XMR shorts at a loss when I saw it finally get moving. Hopefully there will be a dip soon in BTC (seems to dip on the weekends somewhat regularly) so I can get out of those. Gonna suck regardless, probably looking at eating a loss of 1500 bucks on a 10k account.

I'd like to think these are the kind of mistakes you learn from. It's enough to hurt but nothing that's going to keep me up at night. Get out earlier and don't double down on a losing position. At least I was smart enough to limit my position size and not go all in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Correct. I didn't invest a ton but I put about 250$ into a bunch of random coins hoping one will be the lol explode coin and turn my 250$ into 25k!

Overall my profile is fucking skyrocketing, so no complaints, but I don't have much faith in the holding power here. I am however convinced BTC/ETH will not be the final winners for day to day commerce. I think BTC, like someone above me said will be like "gold" where the scarcity and first factor will keep it's value, but right now the fees for using those coins are too fucking high for the common person buying some shit for 10$

Add in that the soda and chips you bought 10$ are somehow worth 50$ the next day and it just scares people away.

Don't get me wrong though, there are huge amounts of money to be made here in all coins. I don't trust myself or whatever the fuck happens on a daily basis to actively trade them but like I said my 3kish total investment is outperforming anything else I've done.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Correct. I didn't invest a ton but I put about 250$ into a bunch of random coins hoping one will be the lol explode coin and turn my 250$ into 25k!

Overall my profile is fucking skyrocketing, so no complaints, but I don't have much faith in the holding power here. I am however convinced BTC/ETH will not be the final winners for day to day commerce. I think BTC, like someone above me said will be like "gold" where the scarcity and first factor will keep it's value, but right now the fees for using those coins are too fucking high for the common person buying some shit for 10$

Add in that the soda and chips you bought 10$ are somehow worth 50$ the next day and it just scares people away.

Don't get me wrong though, there are huge amounts of money to be made here in all coins. I don't trust myself or whatever the fuck happens on a daily basis to actively trade them but like I said my 3kish total investment is outperforming anything else I've done.

This theory (BTC as "gold" and a smaller coin as a day-to-day currency) makes sense to me. Based on what I've scoped Elon saying, I think this is his idea too. And I'm convinced he thinks Doge is the answer for the day-to-day coin.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you are a believer in the upcoming crypto boom, you might want to check out SINO. Hell, you might want to check it out either way. It's a shipping company that just started a coin mining operation. Think MARA, but still under the radar and cheap.

• 1Tendies

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
If you are a believer in the upcoming crypto boom, you might want to check out SINO. Hell, you might want to check it out either way. It's a shipping company that just started a coin mining operation. Think MARA, but still under the radar and cheap.
The stock?

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Losing my ass on DOGE 😢
Who could have seen that coming...

everyone GIF

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Doge is literally a meme with no fundamentals that only exists for pump and dumps. Stop fucking holding it you retards.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel BTC is gonna break 50k this weekend 💰
I thought Eth would hit 2k, didnt expect this 1750 plateau.

A ton of ups and down in each. I think shorts on BTC/Eth is a bit crazy. could make just as much betting ON them, as against, without nearly so much risk..

like btc down 1500 right now, over the last hour... 48,000 to 46,500. but, i bet its back to 48000 by the end of the day, if not 49k.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
then get into something without gas fees. try nano.
get natrium. post your wallet address. I'll send a shiney new dollar worth of nano.

Also, Eth gas fees are a bid. from what I understand some exchanges max bid for speed, when you could bid much lower and just wait longer. And, as its a bidding system, the price is relative to other bids, thus is stupid high during peak times, and low off peak. check the timing first.

Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I've gotten some returns on MANA and OXT so far. I've gotten 60% and 40% returns so far respectively.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Went to buy a shitcoin on a swap, gas fees over a hundred fucking dollars right now. What a joke. Crypto is a scam.

This is why I struggle to see how it can ever become a "commonly used" currency. That and the fucking volatility in that my 2$ soda will have cost me 500$ if I waited a week :(

BUT, as a way to make money simply by buying and selling, crypto is fucking awesome. Honestly you could have picked almost any coin this last month, they are almost all up over 50%. BTC will be(stay?) god with ETH/MKR close behind, but plenty of others are making plenty of people rich.