Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
It's hubris to assume the US Dollar will remain the world reserve currency when China will surpass our GDP in half a decade. Particularly when the USG likes to sanction everybody and our political leadership is so unstable. Overheating the money printers is the fastest way to unseat the USD.

If US oligarchs are forced to choose between BTC and a digital Yuan, what do you think they will choose? If members of the US oligarchy start accumulating BTC, they will lobby for it. (and are) Government here is controlled by the rich and serves their interests. Sometimes their interests are counter to the interests of their own countrymen and long-term US hegemony. (offshoring jobs is a great example) Furthermore we like our illusion of freedom so blanket bans fly in the face of our supposed Western liberalism. Not saying they won't try to ban BTC but it's not an easy thing to do for a number of reasons. The longer they wait the harder it'll be for them.

BTC becoming the reserve currency seems crazy and I'm not suggesting that it's likely to occur but neutral governance of said currency is a very desirable trait for everybody who isn't the country that controls that money supply for obvious reasons. The world collectively chooses which money to use, not just us. It's certainly conceivable that BTC could simply coexist and share that status with some state currency, like gold does. Gold was banned for awhile then they un-banned it. Biden's admin is just too weak to do FDR style power grabs. In 4 or 8 years it'll be too late.

China's GDP is propped up by endless government spending and their entire social system is splintering at the seams. If you think what has been done to USD is "bad" in terms of "overheating the printers", you havent even seen whats been done to the Yuan to get China to a $15 trillion annual GDP.

Why would any US national be forced to choose between BTC and Yuan? This whole train of thought is about as well organized as a Chinese building project.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
As per "outlawing Bitcoin". Go look up how that played out for Nigeria. They tried that there. ;)

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
China has as many natural resources as us, 4 times the population, has much newer infrastructure and is increasing investments on its people (e.g. higher education, healthcare) instead of cutting them like we are. If you think their GDP is number games then you're as foolish as the rich cunts who shipped all our jobs there thinking that China would never catch up.

I saw an interview on youtube with Elon Musk at the Air Force academy. He said China will at least double our GDP if not more. Michael Burry is doing tweet storms about China's GDP. I'm not pulling this out of my ass; I'm getting this from people smarter than me.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
As per "outlawing Bitcoin". Go look up how that played out for Nigeria. They tried that there. ;)

Ah yes, Nigeria.

The gold standard for government enforcement.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ah yes, Nigeria.

The gold standard for government enforcement.
Step off bro. Any country on earth that can elect a president named Goodluck Jonathan is ok in my book.

1614041207696.png

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
China has as many natural resources as us, 4 times the population, has much newer infrastructure and is increasing investments on its people (e.g. higher education, healthcare) instead of cutting them like we are. If you think their GDP is number games then you're as foolish as the rich cunts who shipped all our jobs there thinking that China would never catch up.

I saw an interview on youtube with Elon Musk at the Air Force academy. He said China will at least double our GDP if not more. Michael Burry is doing tweet storms about China's GDP. I'm not pulling this out of my ass; I'm getting this from people smarter than me.

China is sitting on top of a demographics crisis powder keg which the 4x population makes only worse, the age of their infrastructure is meaningless because its being built to create jobs, not to provide actual utility which is how they end up with massive high-rise ghost towns. Their investment in their people includes a massive repression system which at worst sends people to forced labor concentration camps and at best leaves them alone if they pledge unconditional fealty.

Do you get your news about China directly from the CCP? Their GDP is built on endless government loans which are used to create jobs to build shit for the sake of building shit because they had 15 years of straight double digit economic growth but they have run out of runway. They are afraid of letting the bubble burst because it will heavily damage the CCP if not destroy it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Please go look up any Peter Zehian presentation on YouTube over the last 5 years. China has no natural access to the ocean that isnt contested by 1000+ year old enemies. They are also in a demography death spiral because of the 1 Child policy 30 years ago.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
China's morality and human rights abuses are irrelevant when discussing their economic strength. I mostly pointed out some things that they are doing as criticism of our leaders for not doing them, not so much to extol China. Europe also invests in their citizens a lot better than we do. Although I'm not sure that criticizing China for building too many homes for their homeless is a convincing argument. Nor is 'building infrastructure as a jobs program is bad'. Incidentally their growth rate was three times ours for a lot longer than 15 years.

Saying that China will almost certainly surpass the US in GDP is not controversial at this point. If you think it will never happen then I would say that you are drinking too much of the domestic propaganda koolaid. There is a reason China just became the top foreign country that Americans invest in.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
China's morality and human rights abuses are irrelevant when discussing their economic strength. I mostly pointed out some things that they are doing as criticism of our leaders for not doing them, not so much to extol China. Europe also invests in their citizens a lot better than we do. Although I'm not sure that criticizing China for building too many homes for their homeless is a convincing argument. Nor is 'building infrastructure as a jobs program is bad'. Incidentally their growth rate was three times ours for a lot longer than 15 years.

Saying that China will almost certainly surpass the US in GDP is not controversial at this point. If you think it will never happen then I would say that you are drinking too much of the domestic propaganda koolaid. There is a reason China just became the top foreign country that Americans invest in.

Literally brain vomit. I'd have to spend at least an hour to unfuck and explain every single thing you got wrong.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
All my crypto is -20% and lots of red in the equities as well. Yellen running her mouth and can barely use a computer

Last edited:

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just pissed I’ve been trying for well over a week to get verified on binance.us so I can sell some as one of my Alts hit my first sell target price (doing like a 10-15% sells at various pre determined prices as a cash out strat). Now since I’ve started their ba verification process the alt I wanted to sell went from my .05 initial target up to .06 down to .045 back to .056 and now .038. Pretty goddam annoying.

Make sure your exit strats are in place. Not just a plan but logistics as well.

Last edited:

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you dont need the money or are not trading swings I would honestly just hold....the alt coins(i hold about 20) seem to swing up and down about 10-20% every week or two. Its like clockwork but there also seems to be a slow net positive overall(viewed longer term). For example i bought filecoin at 22$ something. Shot up to 40 then to 30. Then 35 and now 32...but im still up overall and i expect it to continue to be big gains in a longer view, such as 1 year from today on all coins.

Id love to play the swings but i dont quite feel confident in my ability to find movement points and all the exchanged rape with fees making it harder to profit.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I’m not playing the swings just annoyed I couldn’t cash out a portion when I had planned to. Everything I have crypto I’ve held for like 2 years at this point

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Best thing that happened to me was Gemini being douchebags and refusing my bank's wire transfer. Saved me money.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
If you dont need the money or are not trading swings I would honestly just hold....the alt coins(i hold about 20) seem to swing up and down about 10-20% every week or two. Its like clockwork but there also seems to be a slow net positive overall(viewed longer term). For example i bought filecoin at 22$ something. Shot up to 40 then to 30. Then 35 and now 32...but im still up overall and i expect it to continue to be big gains in a longer view, such as 1 year from today on all coins.

Id love to play the swings but i dont quite feel confident in my ability to find movement points and all the exchanged rape with fees making it harder to profit.
Fair, this is how I feel. I 1000% realize others are jumping in and out and catching big gains (even if by luck/accident) but the volatility is the same stuff that kept me away from the meme stocks for the most part, I have bad timing in the short term. I got into crypto to hold as I think that will be the way of the world in 10years, but its very tempting not trying to profit off some of this volatility!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keep in mind, most happily post their big gains and are silent about their losses. Don't FOMO on others' cherry picked stock / crypto trade posts.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users